TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
There was a major, major issue with this episode.

Shoddy choreography and underwhelming direction. If you're going to do an episode like this, you have got to find a way to make action, in this case the gun fight scenes, more impactful. All the various gun fights in this episode bled into one another, felt too similar and were disjointed in terms of execution. The show has really lacked in the atmosphere department for a while now and the bland way in which the directors frame these scenes remove any measure of tension from them.

Walking Dead feels like a show that is sacrificing any sort of meaningful development and banking on a glut of action to drive its narrative. It's pacing is a constant issue and putting a damper on this show.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Came here to say exactly that since after watching this new episode I decided to give up on this show. I thought I give it a final shot with the two first episodes and it has been cringeworthly bad. Goodbye Walkin Dead, and thanks for all the fish.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
What was with the closeups at the beginning and at the end.

Very annoying. Took me completely out of the story.

Reactions: Blender

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Curious if Morales stays with the Saviours or if he eventually ends up back with the crew.

Obviously they are leaning to the former, but curious if they twist it.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It's amazing how far this show has fallen since Season 1

Season 1 was some of the best TV ever.

This is now 'unrealistic' trash (funny I'm saying that considering it's a zombie apocalypse show, but still).

Should have rained down flurry of bullets on Negan as soon as he stepped out of his compound in clear line of fire in E1.

Dumb to drag it on this long.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

This is now 'unrealistic' trash (funny I'm saying that considering it's a zombie apocalypse show, but still).

Should have rained down flurry of bullets on Negan as soon as he stepped out of his compound in clear line of fire in E1.

Or more realistically as I pointed out earlier, Negan hides in a window and talks to Rick... like any intelligent person would do when a bunch of crazies who threatened to kill you show up with automatic weapons.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Or more realistically as I pointed out earlier, Negan hides in a window and talks to Rick... like any intelligent person would do when a bunch of crazies who threatened to kill you show up with automatic weapons.
Nah, he knew his plot armor would protect him.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

Rick thought of that. That's why they used a crap-ton of ammo shooting out all the windows.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I wouldn't say season 1 was THAT great to be called the best TV ever, but it was definitely better than what we get now and one of the better seasons. I think the show peaked some point around season 3-5 range, and the show should have ended season 5 (like Breaking Bad did), because after season 5 there were more points where they would stretch things out and kill time and slow the show down to a crawl.

Some of the moments lately are really stupid. Rick and co. have had many opportunities to kill Negan because Negan's arrogance always puts him right out in front and in plain view, yet no one seems to have thought to set up a shooter from far away and kill him, or just pull a gun and shoot him (or Rick's aim magically disappearing whenever Negan is around compared to every other moment).

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Rick thought of that. That's why they used a crap-ton of ammo shooting out all the windows.

They didn't shoot out all the bricks Negan would have been hiding behind when he was talking from the window. Having glass in the window is irrelevant.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
To me not shooting Negan on the spot is more of an intimidation tactic by Rick & Co then anything else. Sure they coulda shot and killed Negan, but they put on a show of force and offered a truce to everyone if they turn Negan over for dead basically. It plants a certain seed of doubt behind the scenes amongst that group, and maybe even Negan himself moving forward. Killing him is the same as killing Bin Laden or any other "figure head", there's usually a replacement to take the reigns.

That's all besides the point that Negan is the "biggest" baddy of them all so far in the TWD... They're supposed to just kill him off in Episode 1 by him stepping out of a door? Kinda anti-climatic.. It's obviously going to drag on.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
To me not shooting Negan on the spot is more of an intimidation tactic by Rick & Co then anything else. Sure they coulda shot and killed Negan, but they put on a show of force and offered a truce to everyone if they turn Negan over for dead basically. It plants a certain seed of doubt behind the scenes amongst that group, and maybe even Negan himself moving forward. Killing him is the same as killing Bin Laden or any other "figure head", there's usually a replacement to take the reigns.

That's all besides the point that Negan is the "biggest" baddy of them all so far in the TWD... They're supposed to just kill him off in Episode 1 by him stepping out of a door? Kinda anti-climatic.. It's obviously going to drag on.

I think you missed the point here...

It doesn't matter about replacement baddies in line or killing him off right off the bat...

It's about the writers giving us credit for having an ounce of intelligence. Simply write Negan as having a keen interest in his own self-preservation and taking careful steps to not make himself an easy target.

It's not really difficult stuff to write:

*Negan takes cover in window behind big brick wall*

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

This is throwing a dart and painting a bullseye around it after. It makes sense because they need Negan alive for the season isn't an excuse for how terribly written that scene was.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I think you missed the point here...

It doesn't matter about replacement baddies in line or killing him off right off the bat...

It's about the writers giving us credit for having an ounce of intelligence. Simply write Negan as having a keen interest in his own self-preservation and taking careful steps to not make himself an easy target.

It's not really difficult stuff to write:

*Negan takes cover in window behind big brick wall*

I think you and others are missing the point that this is a show about zombies, and yes they are preserving Negan for the sake of dragging out storytelling... just like countless shows before it.

This isn't Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, people expecting that type of writing and intelligence are in for a disappointment. Contrary to popular belief yearning for the yesteryears of TWD S1-4, that wasn't a very well written show compared to its counter parts at the time either.

Honestly if people find it that bad, just don't watch.

The biggest jumping the shark moment for me with this show was Glen surviving the zombie horde by somehow slipping under the dumpster... That is 1000x worse than anything we saw in the first two episodes this season.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
watched the episode, and it wasn't as bad as the duds of last season, but it wasn't great. I was surprised to see this episode get so much praise.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I hope there is a Garbage people vs Ezekiel (kingdom) episode with lots of dialogue. That will really take this shit to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad