The Walking Dead Game (Telltale Games)

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Has anyone encountered a glitch on episode 3 where after you find the pencil to see whats on the notepad it locks up and all you can do is keep exiting out of the notepad?

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA

RStar*

I'm only on episode 2 so I won't read the thread and accidentally see a spoiler, but I just wanted to say I don't see the big deal about this game.

I'm not drawn in like everyone else. The story isn't gripping me. I just don't get the big clamor from this game.

Xenoblade, Persona 4 Golden, ME3, and a slew of other games should have gotten GOTY consideration over this in my opinion.

But some things aren't for everyone I guess.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
I literally can't think of a single technical issue that I found/saw during all 5 episodes, but I played it on PC.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
There were a couple slowdown issues when it was changing from a cut-scene to gameplay, but if you blinked you'd have missed it. Didn't take away from the experience whatsoever and that's on PS3.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I just replayed it on console and I find it disgusting that someone would release such a broken product and be rewarded for it.

What is broken about it?

I'm not as high about this game as many are, but I still found it enjoyable and most certainly not broken.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Just finished it. The save game problem (I could not move from chapter to chapter without a work around) was nearly game breaking, but I did get it to work.

As far as a game? well it was a great story that I enjoyed, but like most adventure games it is hard to classify it as a game in the traditional sense. I enjoyed it very much, but it was a story with very little gaming in it. I will surely buy the next season if there is one, but I am conflicted as to how to define it (a game? or one of those books that say "turn to page xxx if you choose this or page yyy if you choose that - just on computer).

Again, I loved it, but if I were voting I do not think I could pick it as game of the year. Story of the year? sure, adventure game of the year? sure, a must play? sure, but I dont think I would say it was the best game of 2012. It is hard to define but I dont know....

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Just finished the game and definitely one of my favorites. The actress who was doing voice over for Clem was amazing and I find it hilarious that it's a 37 year old woman.

I do wish though that you could actually make choices rather than choosing between one option or the other that eventually will lead to the same outcome. But it would be too complicated to develop, I guess.

I was surprised how different some of my choices were compared to other players (when they show stats) but the people's choice in the last option pissed me off. Ammo is the most important thing in the world, yo. Don't waste it.

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
I do wish though that you could actually make choices rather than choosing between one option or the other that eventually will lead to the same outcome. But it would be too complicated to develop, I guess.

x2. It would probably be really hard to develop, but it would be cool seeing different endings based on what choices are made.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
x2. It would probably be really hard to develop, but it would be cool seeing different endings based on what choices are made.

I don't think its all that hard to develop, just expensive. Games like this with all the voice acting and such makes consequences to choices costly.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Heavy Rain has like 10 different endings depending on the choices you make.

They could most certainly do it.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
It would be extremely hard, stealing this diagram from another forum I post on where this topic came up, this is what would result, and this is from having only two options available

attachment.php

it's simply far too much. Again that's from only two options at each decision point and that's for one episode, so you have to have someone writing for all of those possibilities.

Last edited:

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Heavy Rain is awesome. I can't wait for their new game. Beyond Two Worlds or whatever with Ellen Page.
No, it wasn't. Hey, your two options are: save your own kid or let him die. SO MUCH MORALITY, IT HURTS!!! I was extremely disappointed.

And Ellen Page sucks and so will the game.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No, it wasn't. Hey, your two options are: save your own kid or let him die. SO MUCH MORALITY, IT HURTS!!! I was extremely disappointed.

And Ellen Page sucks and so will the game.
Sorry fella, have to disagree with you on every aspect. Especially saying Ellen Page sucks. Maybe as a person (don't know her) but I love her movies. Even the ones I dislike, she gives great performances.

I mean, Heavy Rain wasn't as good as Uncharted. And Beyond Two Worlds won't be as good as Last of Us - but what company can compare to Naughty Dog? None.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Ellen Page is a TERRIBLE actress. I hate you, Hawkeye.

Heavy Rain might've been original and pretty and all that but it sucked where it had to be good which would be the story line with real moral dilemmas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad