Vancouver BC
Good clean but hard hits are considered dirty hits when imposed on star players

Even out powerplay in the end

If a team runs a goalie a scrum will occur

Have a game face but keep it in the game

If your team is up by more than 3 goal don't celebrate scoring

Jawsh

Jan 2, 2007
If you score and knock the goalie's water bottle off, go pick it up and put it back.

Always a good one :)

Niftygrl16

Dec 20, 2006
Rhode Island
If you run into me and fall down, don't cry for a penalty just because you are not strong on your skates.

Don't b*tch at your team mates on the bench if you have a problem with them. Talk about it in the parking lot in private, but that shouldn't be hashed out in front of your team mates. They will feel the need to chose sides if it is bad enough therefore dividing your team.

nikebauer

Jul 21, 2005
Vancouver
if somebody asks for some sock/hockey tape in the dressing room, for gods sake dont be a cheap %#@@#.... just give it to them.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
If you score and knock the goalie's water bottle off, go pick it up and put it back.

Always a good one :)

ahem...NEVER touch any piece of an opposing goalies gear such as a flung water bottle, dropped stick, mask, glove etc etc. It could get you hurt! Besides, thats the biatches(defensemen) job or the Ref, depending on who is closer.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Never, EVER, in a non contact league, check someone from behind, especially if they're deaf and you were warned about it before!!!!!!

Reckless Abandon*

When you break your stick, throw it down as hard as you can and see how high it bounces back up. Look really pissed too.

Niftygrl16

Dec 20, 2006
Rhode Island
Ladies......when leaving the locker room after the game, please look around before you open the door and give the men's team playing after you a sneak peek:amazed: !

RJ8812*

never mention the word "shut-out" to your goalie

let your starting goalie lead your team out on the ice

if you're good friends with someone on the other team, ask him if he'd like to go for a beer after the game

LePalle

Aug 22, 2006
South Jersey
When someone drops their stick or equipment, dont kick it away from the unless you want it shoved up your @$$ later on.

Dont try to do any stupid, unneccessary prep talks to the goalie before the game, anything that can throw them off is a bad thing.

Dont shoot during warmups when your teammate is in front of the net, and NEVER shoot when it could possibly, in any way, hit your coach.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
These are just some of the rules I've abided by growing up playing hockey that continue to this day in beer league. Feel free to contribute your own, debate, make up new ones, etc.

When taking the ice for warmups, stay in your half of the ice.

Never shoot high on the goalie in warmups, at least to start.

Tap the goalies pads whenever there's a free moment, but rarely engage in a conversation with him during a game.

Bang your stick on the ice or boards when somebody gets up from being hurt.

If you choose to hack at the opposing goalie when the puck is covered, then be prepared for the consequences.

What happens on the ice stays on the ice.

Never touch the ref.

The numbers 1 and 30 should only be worn by a goalie.

I don't know if this was addressed in the 5 pages of this thread but this is an official rule I believe. If you cross the ice (not one skate but by a lot it) it is either a 2 min penalty or a misconduct.

RJ8812*

I don't know if this was addressed in the 5 pages of this thread but this is an official rule I believe. If you cross the ice (not one skate but by a lot it) it is either a 2 min penalty or a misconduct.

depends, if one of your pucks goes over the that side, ill go get it, and id let them come get it if they had one come over to our side

nothing ever came from that

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
- Bring your own ******* tape. Whilst I don't mind lending someone tape once in a while, the stuff costs a few bucks. Don't be a cheapass and leech off your teammates, get your own.

- Acknowledge an assist after you score. No prancing around like you're a stage dancer for Kylie Minogue. Raise your arm if you want, point to whoever passed it to you, and thank the others who had a hand in it.

sl3966

May 30, 2006
unless you are a goalie dont give the goalie tips about how to play in the middle of the game. And if you decide to give them tips after the game be prepared to be told about your mistakes too.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Yeah! I always get mad when someone pulls on #87... Like they can ever achieve the greatness os Brashear!
LOL I wear 87 for brashear. Crosby never even crossed my mind when our team had to pick numbers. Although I do feel like an *** now that I realized it because I suck, and my team sucks.

Unwritten rule: When on the bench, open the door for your team mates coming off for a line change. Also, make sure you don't jump off too fast and get a too many men on the ice penalty

trueblueinboston

Mar 19, 2006
Boston
If you quote Mighty Ducks or try to shoot a knucklepuck, everyone will think you're a newb.

If you quote Slapshot, everyone will think you're hilarious.

If you quote Mystery Alaska, everyone will think you're artsy.

If you quote Youngblood, no one will know what the hell you're talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->