The Undrafted Class of 2006

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Plus Craig Schira, Brennan Wray, Ryan Depape, Matt Cline, etc. And Logan Pyett lasting until the 2nd-last pick of the draft.

I'm surprised as hell there were so few WHL guys selected, especially given that most of these guys will be much, much easier to sign than 20 y/o Europeans in two years' time.

Poteur surprised me most of all.

Agree with you on Poteur. I'm sure I had seen him actually RANKED INSIDE the TOP 4/5 ROUNDS...and for him to fall right out of the drafty was quite alarming.
It happens from time to time though...but I really wonder what Poteur could possibly have done to outright CANCEL his draft day ticket????
He's a suprer nice kid,good size and while he didn't set the wrold on fire last year...he was MORE than enough to DRAFT...
Although I'm pretty sure Potuer was extended a persoanl invite to the San Jose Sharks rookie camp or maybe its the tourney this weeK???
Not to sure...but leave it to Foug Wilson to pick up on a solid defender when he sees one.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I was surprised to see no one picked Kelsey Wilson, mind you he's an 86' but still worth a 7th rounder.

Kelsey Wilson is 6'1 215lbs

he had 38 goals 31 assists in 67 games this past year. as well as 196 PIM. he's a tough guy who plays with alot of heart.

He was at Preds rookie camp, and was invited to training camp, as well. Milwaukee has a ton of open spots, he could possibly earn a shot there.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Gillam and Camper were my sleeper picks for the draft. I guess the only ones sleeping were the GM's that overlooked them.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
IMO Alec Richards was one of the top 5 NA goalies in the draft. I figured that someone would snag him in somewhere after the 3rd or 4th round.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Justin Slade G Vancouver Gaints.

set a Western Hockey League record with 18 shutouts this past year.....

Its actually Dustin Slade.

and the 'kid' doesn't have any problems anymore.

Anyone know why Victor Bartley didn't get picked? I heard he was projected to be a mid rounder

colman

Jul 7, 2006
Nikiforov and Gillam are going to traverse with dallas

Vla di Nikiforov and James Marcou .Nikiforov put up big pts this year and ISS had James Marcou in ther wildcard and gambles segmentin in there Draft Preview

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
From the WHL:

Mitch Fadden
Kevin Armstrong
Chad GreenanKris Lazaruk
Tysen Dowzak
Graham Potuer
Justin Bernhardt
Lukas Bohunicky
Victor Bartley
Keegan Danserau
Matt McCue
Sasha Golin
Frazer McLaren

I thought most of those guys would get drafted.

These 2 along with Craig Schira and Kevin Henderson from the OHL were invited to Kings camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad