Slovakia: The (uncertain) future of Slovak hockey

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Why would Lintner accept such an offer? And besides, Pro-Hokej is probably entering its final season anyway.

I never said that he would or that I thought that he should accept it. What I wanted to say is that going by his quotes from the past few weeks Nemeček will use it against Lintner and claim that he has no moral ground to criticize the current leadership. Not that we fan are going to believe it, but...

Also, Koval claims that they signed a new 3 year agreement for Pro-Hokej, doesn't he?

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I never said that he would or that I thought that he should accept it. What I wanted to say is that going by his quotes from the past few weeks Nemeček will use it against Lintner and claim that he has no moral ground to criticize the current leadership. Not that we fan are going to believe it, but...

Also, Koval claims that they signed a new 3 year agreement for Pro-Hokej, doesn't he?

They did? I must have missed it.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
They did? I must have missed it.

I can't seem to find it now, but I seem to recall that I've seen it in one of the pre-election interviews with Koval.

IIRC he said that the contract was extended for 3 more years recently and that he was rather surprised when Nemecek mentioned it would run out after this season in the debate on RTVS.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

It's a rather vague statement. They say that they refuse to have their names linked to SZLH, but they don't outright say that they would actually boycott the national team. Outright saying it would create much bigger pressure on Nemecek and co. as the sponsors would most definitely not be happy with that.

With such indirect words, Nemecek and co. basically told them to go **** themselves, just as they have bee saying to the fans all the time: http://www.hockeyslovakia.sk/sk/clanok/reakcia-szlh-k-vyhlaseniu-27-slovenskych-hokejistov

But some effort it still better than none at all and I certainly hope it doesn't end here.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
So signed players will boycott The Player of the year award.
Dominik Granak went even further and mentioned in interview that he will not play for NT in current situation.

The real way of pressure is through sponsors, especially Orange and NT boycott of most players. In the current state of Slovak hockey I even wouldn´t mind relegation to B-category, because it would speed up things. When would be everything said and done, there would not be a problem to be promoted, we still have the strenght to control B category competition..

The worst possibility is pressure culminating before or during WCh in Slovakia. I definitely can see a scenario where Nemecek destroys ("tunnels") WCh, he will resigned before it and then blame Lintner how he failed in his role. It´s pretty much how Štb-ers make up things.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I would mind getting relegated to Division IA because I want to see them gone earlier than that :D

As for the sponsors, boycotting the awards ceremony is a good first step. It's not like SZLH gets much more media coverage during the summer than during those awards.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Dominik Granak went even further and mentioned in interview that he will not play for NT in current situation.

The real way of pressure is through sponsors, especially Orange and NT boycott of most players. In the current state of Slovak hockey I even wouldn´t mind relegation to B-category, because it would speed up things. When would be everything said and done, there would not be a problem to be promoted, we still have the strenght to control B category competition..

The worst possibility is pressure culminating before or during WCh in Slovakia. I definitely can see a scenario where Nemecek destroys ("tunnels") WCh, he will resigned before it and then blame Lintner how he failed in his role. It´s pretty much how Štb-ers make up things.

This. The sponsors could play a huge part in this.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Hm, but there is still strong politic behind this.
You know - young Siroky -> old Siroky -> Fico -> capital from Tipos and others companies behind this triangle. So, with the sponsors there will be no problem. If Orange will go, there are many others that will jump in.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

So, SZLH's solution for the player of the year award might actually be that they won't have an awards ceremony according to Nemecek (in order to avoid not having the players accept the awards) :laugh:

Marian Hossa mentioned that he was contacted by the spokesman of the federation and he told him that he wouldn't go there.

Also, as for Granak and not playing for the NT he was a bit more careful about choosing his words here (as where the other players):
http://hokej.pravda.sk/ostatne/clanok/360975-granak-hokej-siel-vsade-vpred-na-slovensku-nie/

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So, SZLH's solution for the player of the year award might actually be that they won't have an awards ceremony according to Nemecek (in order to avoid not having the players accept the awards) :laugh:

Marian Hossa mentioned that he was contacted by the spokesman of the federation and he told him that he wouldn't go there.

Also, as for Granak and not playing for the NT he was a bit more careful about choosing his words here (as where the other players):
http://hokej.pravda.sk/ostatne/clanok/360975-granak-hokej-siel-vsade-vpred-na-slovensku-nie/

Hm, there were better solution. Go to the ceremony, say that you don't accept Nemecek and his group and decline to accept the award. And that live in TV.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Hm, there were better solution. Go to the ceremony, say that you don't accept Nemecek and his group and decline to accept the award. And that live in TV.

So the ceremony is officially canceled:
http://www.hockeyslovakia.sk/sk/cla...-hokejista-roka-rozdeli-zvaz-hokejovym-klubom

It might be a hint for the players not to disclose their next plans as early as with this.

And Handzus says that they have further plans, but does not want to disclose them:
http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/190109/michal-handzus-pre-nas-bolo-dolezite-ukazat-nas-postoj/

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
So the ceremony is officially canceled:
http://www.hockeyslovakia.sk/sk/cla...-hokejista-roka-rozdeli-zvaz-hokejovym-klubom

It might be a hint for the players not to disclose their next plans as early as with this.

And Handzus says that they have further plans, but does not want to disclose them:
http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/190109/michal-handzus-pre-nas-bolo-dolezite-ukazat-nas-postoj/

I'm not sure if this will work but I am glad that the players are at least standing up to the federation.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I'm not sure if this will work but I am glad that the players are at least standing up to the federation.

I am also very sceptical when it comes to the chances that Nemeček would step down, however it obviously does have some effect.

Nemeček is obviously scared as offering Å atan the position of the GM suggests (thankfully he declined in the current situation).

But it also shows how dumb they are at the new executive committee, on one day you have Pukalovič making those comments about the former players and on the next day Å atan is the most suited for GM per Nemeček. :shakehead

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
According to DennikN, Lintner already got the option to be the head of ProHockey, what means he would be in fact the director of domestic league.

I hope he will deny.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
According to DennikN, Lintner already got the option to be the head of ProHockey, what means he would be in fact the director of domestic league.

I hope he will deny.

It's getting a bit confusing. He was offered the position by Koval, who (supposedly) turned out to be anti-Nemecek in the end before the elections and who has mentioned that the contract with ProHokej has been extended by 3 years.

On the other Nemecek's program foresaw an integration of Pro-Hokej into SZLH after the next year.

I'm not sure whether Nemecek has got anything to do with this offer, but if Lintner accepts it will send a message that this is a compromise between these two to the fans...

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
I understand that PH and SZLH are two different subjects, but nothing happens without reason. I definitely see Nemecek/Siroky group could benefit from this offer, putting Lintner in uncomfortable position.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
So after Šatan declined the position of GM, Zdeno Cíger declined the position of NT coach. Although he cited his hockey academy for children, he did say that he was on Lintner's side.

So they are running out of people for NT GM/coach, they are left just with the Lukacs, Golonkas and Palffys (and Palffy did say that he wouldn't take the GM job). Perhaps Pukalovic will be the general secretary, GM and coach all in one. :laugh:

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
SZLH is starting to run out of names.
They probably turn they interest to some not-so-famous but loyal people. Or they overpaid someone from foreign country.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
SZLH is starting to run out of names.
They probably turn they interest to some not-so-famous but loyal people. Or they overpaid someone from foreign country.

They can ask Pukalovic to multi-task or better yet, bring back the Golonka-Lukac dream team :sarcasm:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
It seems like Lintner is pretty close to accepting the Pro-Hokej position...

Although I don't necessarily think that Nemecek and co. had a hand in this, I do feel it's pretty disappointing.

For one thing the position bears little importance to the overall well being of Slovak hockey. For the other thing siding with Koval is hardly going away from the Siroky and co. model of things: http://transparency.blog.sme.sk/c/3...-schrankovych-firiem-nas-hokej-pritahuje.html

The fact that there is extensive coverage on SZLH's website about this story (while there wasn't even an article about Lintner before the SZLH elections) shows that him accepting this position would make Nemecek and co. rather happy.

tattoo01

Nov 18, 2013

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->