The Ultimate Fantasy Draft - Rounds 1-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

Fleuryfan29 said:
I was hoping to pick him up with this pick but I have to settle foe someone else....

The Pittsburgh Penguins select C- Steve Yzerman $5,849,823.00

I love Stevie Y, he's a great player, so I say nice pick. A sentimental pick.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow, and then select Ovechkin, because by then, he'll have been a drafted prospect :D. Or you could save everyone else's time, and let me draft him now. What say you, Danrik? ;)

Fleuryfan29

Apr 1, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
Captain Canuck 19 said:
Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow, and then select Ovechkin, because by then, he'll have been a drafted prospect :D. Or you could save everyone else's time, and let me draft him now. What say you, Danrik? ;)

:cry: I was thinking of doing that, I was hoping nobody was going to catch on! :yo:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Fleuryfan29 said:
:cry: I was thinking of doing that, I was hoping nobody was going to catch on! :yo:

I thought of it also...I think Danrik needs to make a ruling on all of the draftees of this year and what their eligibility is. It wouldn't be fair for the guy that is up when Ovechkin, Malkin, etc. are picked and they get first dibs.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
Captain Canuck 19 said:

That would be unfair. I think we should do a seperate draft, with a lottery order :teach:

Jon Burke

Captain Canuck 19 said:

No, he will not be available, because if he were available earlier, it's likely he would've been taken already.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Fine. If I can't have Ovechkin, then I'll have to take 2 other franchise players.

Adding young, talented, cornerstone players in defense and goal, we have an amazing amount of potential and a great future with our next 2 selections.

So, with the next 2 picks in The Ultimate Fantasy Draft, the Anaheim Mighty Ducks proudly select G Marc-Andre Fleury and D Joni Pitkanen.

Reasoning/Team lines and payroll to come...

Jon Burke

nucks&flames asked me to pick for him, so he is awarded Tuomo Ruutu for his third round pick.

Jon Burke

The Canucks GM, who has earned the nickname "Dealin' Danrik" for his constant wheeling and dealing, has made another trade. He moved his third and sixth round picks to the Pittsburgh Penguins for their fourth and fifth round picks.

MrMackey

Aug 7, 2003
cgy
Visit site
The Phoenix Coyotes select Darian Hatcher ($5M).

Roster:
Jarome Iginla.........$7.5M
Adam Foote...........$4.3M
Darian Hatcher.......$5.0M
Total Salary..........$16.8M

Salary Remaining...$33.2

Jon Burke

Ice Demon is on the clock!

Both the Canucks and the Capitals are willing to listen to offers for their third round picks, as I'm sure some people would like to move up and nab one of the many good players who are still available.

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
The Florida Panthers select Henrik Zetterberg. This young, inexpensive forward is versatile, playing the wings or center, and should add creativity and a defensive conscience to the first line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad