The Tomas Plekanec Thread

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Has plek been starting on all penalty kills?

That was one of his best assets in mtl near the end
Yes overall he’s been good defensively but not great. I’m hoping that he’s still learning systems and come playoff time he’ll be great.

He’s been a black hole offensively so far though. I think that’s why he’s being criticized so heavily.

Overall he needs to be better. I was happy with the trade and still hopeful.. but not as confident as I was when we made it.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Guy is just going through the motions out there.

Babs gave him some PP time last night and he just looked invisible standing infront of the net.

His mind and family are still in MTL; it's gonna be weird for him to play his old team tomorrow night, but he knows he'll be back with them for his 1,000th game next year.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
polack has looked great lately and him breaking his leg last year is what lost us the playoffs.

People need to quit hating on this guy. He adds some much needed grit for the playoffs. Big hits. Tough in the corners. Clears the front of the net. Good pker.

The year before he was acquired by the Sharks to help them get to the Stanley cup finals.

What’s your definition of true contender?

Sharks? Bad example bud, Polak was blamed for a lot of that series loss. He did many very Polak things for them and you can read all about it. He was AWFUL. I mean, really really really, really really bad.

This is an example from Reddit
shillingINtheNAMEofNolan 11 3 points 1 year ago
The entire point of Toronto trading for Polak is that, in terms of analytics, he was one of the worst in the game and they wanted to prove that that didn't mean anything.
The entire point of Toronto trading Polak away is that he was the worst defenseman on the worst team in hockey. And we're still playing him.
  • m3shikoJones 31 1 point 1 year ago
    Pen's leader in assists: Roman Polak.
    • Anormalpear 1 point 1 year ago
      Everyone in San Jose wants Polaks head. We lost three games ago because of him which clearly was pivotal in this series.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Sharks? Bad example bud, Polak was blamed for a lot of that series loss. He did many very Polak things for them and you can read all about it. He was AWFUL. I mean, really really really, really really bad.

This is an example from Reddit
good thing I used more then one example then hey bud? You can ignore the rest of my post to better fit your narrative.

Fact is, they were contenders, and they traded for him because of what they saw him do with the leafs.

And he was killing it for us in the playoffs last year. Then he broke his leg, we had to put marincin in and lost.

Last edited:

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Plek isn't doing anything to make him stand out from Moore.

He's like 1/50 on his pass attempts. At least Moore has his spinning backhand signature move that gets to the net.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Has plek been starting on all penalty kills?

That was one of his best assets in mtl near the end

Nope!

Leafs PK unit is still:

PK1: Komarov Hyman
PK2: Kapanen Brown

Plek hasn't killed much penalties for the Leafs yet

am just hoping Plek's hatred for bruins bigger than leafs; so he can at least help the leafs kick bruins' ass

Last edited:

BrendanGallagher11

Sep 18, 2013
Montreal
Nope!

Leafs PK unit is still:

PK1: Komarov Hyman
PK2: Kapanen Brown

Plek hasn't killed much penalties for the Leafs yet

am just hoping Plek's hatred for bruins bigger than leafs; so he can at least help the leafs kick bruins' ass
From experience watching him play for many years...hes very soft and mostly useless in hard tight checking games

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets scratched as series goes on

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
I never had a lot of love for Turtle Hab when he carved out a meh so so weak , soft , blah career with them , but now that he’s yuk on our beloved leafs team , I have less !
My defining loss of total respect moment watching him was earlier this year ( I can’t remember the highlight or which Hab player it was getting crushed into the boards )
And turtle Hab in the immediate area doing nothing saying nothing nada nil , him just skating away leaving his line mate lying on the ice
F€£¥k him and his no balls ability !!!

Sorry
ruKus calls it like I sees it!!
Gooo F€£¥in LEAFS Goooooo!

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I’m not worried. I’ll give him more time to adjust. He’s only here for the playoffs not for us to improve regular season standings.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Which interview did he say this in?

Before the game tonight they showed an interview where he was asked if he thinks he'll be playing his 1000th game in Montreal next season and he said "I hope so". Like okay then... what a meat head.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
It was a little odd to see him state in an interview that he hopes he's going back to Montreal next year. Stupid trade IMO, he made it clear he doesn't even want to be here.
To be fair, I remember most of the sports media believed he would go back to Montreal next year, and you could see that he was extremely uncomfortable in the post trade interview.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
To be fair, I remember most of the sports media believed he would go back to Montreal next year, and you could see that he was extremely uncomfortable in the post trade interview.

It's just something that shouldn't be said when you are just traded to a new team. I can't help but think we may have been better off without him.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I honestly haven't noticed him on the ice at all since they've traded for him. They're playing extremely well recently so I'm hoping he's had something to do with that, but as far as my eye test is concerned I haven't been impressed.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I honestly haven't noticed him on the ice at all since they've traded for him. They're playing extremely well recently so I'm hoping he's had something to do with that, but as far as my eye test is concerned I haven't been impressed.

We lost the first 4 games he played for us.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Before the game tonight they showed an interview where he was asked if he thinks he'll be playing his 1000th game in Montreal next season and he said "I hope so". Like okay then... what a meat head.

Agreed. I understand that it is a massive change but if you can’t get excited about going to a playoff bound team who has potential to be dangerous after being on that tire fire team.

He displays no pride and is completely garbage. He’s a loser Hab that makes me ill when I see him wearing a Leafs jersey. Can’t help but think it means nothing to him to wear the jersey. Also a less effective player than Moore.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It looks like his time has come and gone to me. We have a lot of better players than him. I hope they don't hesitate to make him a healthy scratch based on the draft pick.

Yeah, I'm really wondering about this one. It's a very questionable and pointless trade if you ask me. What makes it even more questionable is that we acquired him after going on a 13-2 stretch...why though?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
only player on the roster who wears blue and white but hasn't recorded a point for the Leafs

here is hoping he gets the monkey off the back against tampa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->