OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 200: Where does the time go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's been a tough few weeks. We just endured a medical scare in our house. The results, which took two weeks to get, came back benign today. You would think that weight of the world would have been lifted but really it hasn't. Pretty core shaking experience... perhaps there is nothing worse in my mind than feeling powerless to do a single thing.

Typically the only thing I know to do during tough times is to stuff a backpack and head out to some place where there are no people but I couldn't do that this time. I will soon though :)

I hope you all have extra special Christmas.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
It's been a tough few weeks. We just endured a medical scare in our house. The results, which took two weeks to get, came back benign today. You would think that weight of the world would have been lifted but really it hasn't. Pretty core shaking experience... perhaps there is nothing worse in my mind than feeling powerless to do a single thing.

Typically the only thing I know to do during tough times is to stuff a backpack and head out to some place where there are no people but I couldn't do that this time. I will soon though :)

Oh man sorry to hear that, hope everything works out well for your family. We've had a few scares over the years and you're right about not having control over things. That helpless feeling just plain sucks.

I'd say go fishing but it's winter, a hike in the middle of nowhere is always good to reset.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I hope everything works out for you and sorry for what you've went through.:nod:

Some years ago, I was in a car accident, which was my fault. No one was injured, I may or may not have broken a rib. A couple of days later, I got a call from my insurance company telling me they were notified by the other people's insurance company that the little girl in the other vehicle had died. She seemed fine and unharmed after the accident. Got out of the truck and wasn't even crying or anything. I hoped this was a bad dream, though I knew I was awake. I was scared, felt bad that I had killed this 6 year old girl, worried what would happen to me. Would I go to jail? Would I get charged? This was my first accident and I had killed somebody, a little girl of 6 years old at that. How do I live after this?

Well an hour and a half later, my phone is ringing. I thought it was maybe someone calling me to tell me I was being charged. It was my insurance company, telling me that there was a mistake and that the little girl in the other vehicle was not dead, nor harmed at all. They had my case confused with someone else's. It was the other people's company's fault. I wondered for days after that, if the most recent call was the mistake if she was really was dead. I went to my bedroom and put my hands over my mouth and took deep breaths into my hands, as if it were a paper bag. I had nightmares for weeks after this and every time my phone rang, I had a phobia of answering it. I turned my phone volume off for weeks, because I was panicking at getting another call.

So I know what you Jim means by being shook like that, even though my experience was probably not as bad as what he went through. I still wonder how many years of my life that event took off of my lifespan and I also struggle to understand how someone can take another person's life (unless it's self defense) and actually live with it. Here I was, thinking I had killed someone on accident and it was the worst feeling I've ever felt.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It's been a tough few weeks. We just endured a medical scare in our house. The results, which took two weeks to get, came back benign today.

Thank god. Similar thing in my family going on with the s.i.l., waiting two weeks on pathology, but doc seems to think it will be okay.

Your health is a funny thing, it's by far the most important thing we all have, yet it's probably the most common thing taken for granted.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It's been a tough few weeks. ///

all the best to you jim ..cheers

Thank god. Similar thing in my family going on with the s.i.l., waiting two weeks on pathology, but doc seems to think it will be okay.

Your health is a funny thing, it's by far the most important thing we all have, yet it's probably the most common thing taken for granted.

yes. that and 'time'…sometimes a day off is worth its weight in gold rather than clocking another "9 to 5"….im enjoying my last 2 weeks off and am much more relaxed by miles.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Egg update - How have the chickens been laying in the cold?

pretty good….its been 30 days and one white one has been an egg a day (give or take a day or two) …since tuesday ive grabbed a 3 day (minus thursday, only 1) so it looks like a couple others are starting

….i set a timer on a 60 watt bulb for 430am so theyre up inside the coop early and so i can sleep in…cause as much as theyre great to keep….getting up early sucks. :laugh: also had trouble with freezing water (hence getting up early to pour fresh) so i cut a cinder block in half and stuck a 40 watt bulb in it……just enough to keep it from freezing ….. inside coop temperature is about 20 F when outside is much colder with the wind.

one is sitting on an egg right now.

man i love chicks that make breakfast for me :laugh:

egging.jpg

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
pretty good….its been 30 days and one white one has been an egg a day (give or take a day or two) …since tuesday ive grabbed a 3 day (minus thursday, only 1) so it looks like a couple others are starting

….i set a timer on a 60 watt bulb for 430am so theyre up inside the coop early and so i can sleep in…cause as much as theyre great to keep….getting up early sucks. :laugh: also had trouble with freezing water (hence getting up early to pour fresh) so i cut a cinder block in half and stuck a 40 watt bulb in it……just enough to keep it from freezing ….. inside coop temperature is about 20 F when outside is much colder with the wind.

one is sitting on an egg right now.

man i love chicks that make breakfast for me :laugh:

Haha that's awesome!

You should get some bees for the warmer months.

James Hetfield was on Joe Rogans podcast yesterday and was talking about his bees and hives, he said he produces 500 lbs of honey a year on his ranch. He's totally obsessed with it. :laugh:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Haha that's awesome!

James Hetfield was on Joe Rogans podcast yesterday and was talking about his bees and hives, he said he produces 500 lbs of honey a year on his ranch. He's totally obsessed with it. :laugh:

ill check the talk out later. thanks

time for food before the game

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Well this is not Nothing but nowhere else to place it.

Steal Truck. Run over innocent people trying to have fun and Christmas shop. ****ing Cowards you stand for nothing.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Well this is not Nothing but nowhere else to place it.

Steal Truck. Run over innocent people trying to have fun and Christmas shop. ****ing Cowards you stand for nothing.

Why I advise everyone I care about to do their Christmas shopping online this year. Don't go to the malls. If this year taught me anything, it was that. Stay safe, everybody.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Why I advise everyone I care about to do their Christmas shopping online this year. Don't go to the malls. If this year taught me anything, it was that. Stay safe, everybody.

why would you ever go to a mall to begin with? filled with terrible lighting, horrible crowds and kids slobbering over their ice creams crying to mommy and daddy……"i want this!!!"

couldnt pay me to go to one

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
why would you ever go to a mall to begin with? filled with terrible lighting, horrible crowds and kids slobbering over their ice creams crying to mommy and daddy……"i want this!!!"

I never was a big mall fan, either. :laugh:

I'm very grateful that online shopping has much reduced my need to go to them.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Haha that's awesome!

Beads!?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I only go to them to walk around for exercise, especially in the really hot months where it's climate controlled.

I've been avoiding them lately though.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I only go to them to walk around for exercise, especially in the really hot months where it's climate controlled.

I've been avoiding them lately though.

if you only go there to get exercise? **** that.

i rented a bike and did clearwater to caladesi state park on the sand to the tip and back…….to belleaire beach.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't mind going to the mall in general, but I dont like it at Christmas time due to the massive crowds and cutthroat parking situation. Pass.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
if you only go there to get exercise? **** that.

i rented a bike and did clearwater to caladesi state park on the sand to the tip and back…….to belleaire beach.

I have a pretty nice bike path near me. Sometimes I take my friend but he can't really take more than 20 minutes on a bike haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad