OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 197 Winter, comets, and Fios oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofKenKlee

What a horrendous *****. ESPN should fire her.

Liveleaks like this couldn't happen to a nicer more horrible person.

https://vid.me/n4mn

I would like a little context as to why she went all Cee You In Toronto on the woman.

She still seems to be a horrible person and as mamma always said be careful what you say to people as the elevator of life takes up and down.

Humility, a life skill not taught to some. Every day, pretty blondes graduate uni.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I'm never coming back.

My view from room.

akU3XFO.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Between Cancun and Playa delCarmen. Got burnt today despite sunblock and pre-tanning damnit. I blame the wind for deceiving me as to not getting hot. Top of feet and shins on fire right now. Early night to catch up on sleep for big week ahead.
I hope you are having a great time. Drink lots of tequila and ceviche

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Best dish so far was pescadilla. Best tequila hurradurro reposado. Ceviche today poolside for sure. Ocean is a washing machine at this point from high winds. Makes swimming near impossible.
Food and drink make up for the rough ocean. :)

I was only a couple hundred miles south last week on the same reef. The wind blew out of the east 20+ mph every day...let's just say not the best fly fishing weather.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I just went to ESPN.com for the first time in probably over a year or more, and was surprised at how it looked. Shows how little I interact with that useless dinosaur of a media franchise.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Installing Lumenoks tonight.

Is this something I really need? Well, if I'm being honest, not really. But some things are just so cool you have to have them anyway.

Lumenok_install_20150422.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Is this something I really need? Well, if I'm being honest, not really. But some things are just so cool you have to have them anyway.

No need...A lot of my friends who like to video love them, they look incredible on video. They look like a tracer round.

There are some people who find this type of technology (or any technology) as unethical...Anything that might promote hunting at night is often frown upon by a lot of people. The "Fair Chase" debate is often abstract and creates holy wars...But I do subscribe to NEVER overwhelming the sport or the animals with advantages and tech... I just don't believe this is an advantage though...There is an ethical debate around lighted nocks...I just don't think it hold much water personally. Needed to get that out there.

There are some very important positives to aiding in recovery of a shot animal....Retrieving your arrow after the shot is extremely important. All the clues that you need to begin your tracking are typically on the arrow - sometimes finding the arrow is difficult if not impossible and the light will help retrieving your arrow.

I don't use them, never have and see no need...But if it floats your boat why not?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

So is this your picture? If so, it appears you bought a crossbow? :(

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Between Cancun and Playa delCarmen. Got burnt today despite sunblock and pre-tanning damnit. I blame the wind for deceiving me as to not getting hot. Top of feet and shins on fire right now. Early night to catch up on sleep for big week ahead.

I'm going to the Dominican Republic in about a week, and I'm dreading the sunburn I know I'm going to get. I think I could compete for "whitest person alive".

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really just need to say this somewhere. I really don't like posting anything about my personal life or business on here, mostly because I made the mistake of telling a few people outside of this board my user name (including some people I've cut out of my life and that I want to know nothing about me anymore), and I'm always suspicious that they're coming here reading my posts.

I have this friend that is annoying the hell out of me. He thinks I'm getting a new bike (motocross) and constantly annoys me to no end about it. Every day he texts me the first thing he asks is ''Hey man have U decided about a bike yet?''. Sometimes I get texts from him at 9:30 or 10:00 AM while I'm working and I don't reply back for hours. I constantly get random texts from him throughout the day saying ''Hey man I found a 1983 KX 250 for $430 in butt**** Alabama'' and ''I found a 98 YZ 125 for $250 in nowhereville Georgia'' . I text with this dude every day and the only other things he tells me is ''Hey man I'm riding tomorrow'' and I don't think he's ridden once in the two weeks that I've been in contact with him every day. I'm skeptical that he even owns a bike. He claims he can't keep it at his place where he lives with his girlfriend and kids because he has no room and that he keeps it at his parents house which is like an hour away. He also constantly texts me during evenings while I'm watching hockey to ask if I'm working on my old bike and if it's running yet. I'm starting to think this dude doesn't even want anything to do with me if I don't fix my old bike or get a new one to ride with him.

Then I returned his 9:30 AM text today after I got a break at work a couple hours later. I asked him a bunch of things and didn't even reply back to his 10:00 PM texts last night about these random bikes that are for sale 300 or 400 or even 500 miles away. And all he replies is things like ''O'' and ''Gotcha'' to the things I say that have nothing to do with bikes. Then I asked him if he wanted to hang out later and I can see that my message was read by him, but he never replied.

I'm giving it till about 7 or 8 PM before he sends me a random text about an old POS for sale somewhere in ****ing Louisiana or Mississippi, totally bypassing the question if he wanted to hang out.

Yeah just needed to say that somewhere.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
No need...

Agreed; definitely a want, not a need.

Though I did hunt quite a bit till the end of the legal minutes this season, and I have no doubt it would be helpful in those last 20 minutes with little light (or early am). I have to imagine it will aid significantly in bolt recovery too, and if so, it pays for itself just once.

There are some people who find this type of technology (or any technology) as unethical..
That I'd never heard. Don't even understand it really. If anything, I could see the argument made that it might be more ethical as in certain situations it could help lead to recovery of an animal rather than a wasted life.

So is this your picture? If so, it appears you bought a crossbow? :(

Correct. I joined the dark side. They had cookies, and hookers.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
That I'd never heard. Don't even understand it really. If anything, I could see the argument made that it might be more ethical as in certain situations it could help lead to recovery of an animal rather than a wasted life.

It stems from the Pope and Young clubs rules for Fair Chase.

Lighted sight pins were considered bad because the only reason for them was to aid in low light shooting conditions (which wasn't really true)- Every state has the same rule for shooting hours - 1/2 before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset. So the lighted sight pin was seen as subversive to legal shooting times. This thought has pretty much gone by the wayside... but when lighted nocks first really started showing up on the market in the early 1990's that same scrutiny was put on them as the lighted pin...

Most people don't care...and I'm not sure where Pope and Young stands today but their Fair Chase rules matter if you ever want to enter an animal into their record books.
That is important to a lot of people.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm not sure where Pope and Young stands today but their Fair Chase rules matter if you ever want to enter an animal into their record books. That is important to a lot of people.

Interesting. I knew that if you took a monster buck with an illuminated arrow it wouldn't be counted as a record, but I didn't know the history. That's ridiculous.

Obviously as a beginner hunter I've never been to a Pope & Young meeting, but as with most sports regulatory agencies with power, I imagine they're a bunch of old, cranky, wealthy, pedantics, who take themselves far too seriously. Like the Royal & Ancient Golf Club, USTA, FIFA, etc.... I guess if this is really a concern, it's smart to simply carry one standard nocked arrow in your quiver.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I'm going to the Dominican Republic in about a week, and I'm dreading the sunburn I know I'm going to get. I think I could compete for "whitest person alive".

Honestly I think if I had just sat in the shade at the beach for the first day with no sunscreen and then just taken quick dips in the water to cool off it would have given me a good start to then use spf 25 and be out in the sun with a re-apply every 3-4 hours. We just went the first half day in the sun and missed the tops of our feet and paid dearly for that.

Some folks I saw stayed in the shade the entire time except when walking around the resort and they ended up with nice tans just from reflections and they looked like pasty white Europeans.

Back now and the only tan I'm getting is from mowing the shin high grass today. :(

What part of Dominican? I stayed in Punta Cana some years back. Very nice but trips out through town were a little unsettling at times. Airport was very interesting too. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->