OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Weird, it's there on my computer but not the phone. Bottom right in the blue next to the quote bubble.

The page loading issues I would guess have to do with the ads.

If you turn your phone sideways, it shows a lot more including post counts and other user information.

Seems like they de cluttered things if your using your phone normally.

Reactions: JK3 and Brick City

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
If you turn your phone sideways, it shows a lot more including post counts and other user information.

Seems like they de cluttered things if your using your phone normally.

Mind blown. It's like a whole other world was hiding just to the left of my screen. I will say the redesigned site works way better on my aging phone.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I like the new layout.

I think it looks a lot better than the old one, now that they sorted out the color scheme.

But it's kinda of like having a Ferrari with no engine. Yeah, it looks great, but I'd rather have a beat-up Kia if I have to drive anywhere.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just saw the new Star Wars trailer. Somewhat interesting, and somewhat kind of meh though. The Luke parts look cool.

My only concern is whatever the hell this penguin / squirrel crossbreed is. I hope it's not going to be the new, near movie-ruining equivalent to Jar Jar Binks.

last-jedi-porg.jpg

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Just saw the new Star Wars trailer. Somewhat interesting, and somewhat kind of meh though. The Luke parts look cool.

My only concern is whatever the hell this penguin / squirrel crossbreed is. I hope it's not going to be the new, near movie-ruining equivalent to Jar Jar Binks.

last-jedi-porg.jpg

Is the energizer bunny on drugs?

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
So I accepted a job offer the other day and did all of the paper work, cleared background checks ect ect. And woke up today from a phone call of them recending the offer...What the f***ing f***??

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
So I accepted a job offer the other day and did all of the paper work, cleared background checks ect ect. And woke up today from a phone call of them recending the offer...What the ****ing ****??

That sucks. Really messed up that they put you through all that trouble. They must have thought the other candidate wouldn't accept, but then they did. Still though, that's pretty poor work by their HR department.

Reactions: tr83

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
They must have thought the other candidate wouldn't accept, but then they did. Still though, that's pretty poor work by their HR department.

Oh, it's BEYOND poor. You dont give a job offer, go through with drug testing (which costs the company several hundred dollars BTW) etc..... then TELL the candidate they decided to go with someone else. Even if it's true, which is odd, they should have either said nothing or made up something. Curious is this a well-known household name company or no?

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
This is probably the wrong thread but... I thought Deb Placey got fired at the end of last year???

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
is there no mobile version still? i'd like to browse the site and post, but it would be hard to explain skinner serving chalmers steamed hams under a devils borealis to a coworker if they saw it.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just got done evaluating my manager. I hate doing that, I find it overly stressful. I love my manager and I feel the need to parse every single word.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I hate the new site. It lags horribly half the time I'm on it. Things take too long to load or I'll notice the scroll isn't going to fast and when I go to type, the letters show up 7 seconds after I started typing. A closing and reopening of the site remedies it, but it's happening far too often.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I hate the new site. It lags horribly half the time I'm on it. Things take too long to load or I'll notice the scroll isn't going to fast and when I go to type, the letters show up 7 seconds after I started typing. A closing and reopening of the site remedies it, but it's happening far too often.

Yeah, same here. It's just so bad. How do you screw up a message board in 2017?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The only problems I have is on mobile, as I find it's awful on my phone. On my PC or laptop it seems okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->