OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Do we have an OT thread dedicated to the most overrated shows ever?

giphy.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's Laurel and I will fight anyone who says it's Yanny.
Just now heard about this last night, after seeing “Yanni or Laurel?” For days on search engines and having no clue what it was all about. Heard about it last night and it’s totally Laurel.

I don’t hear Yanni at all.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Yeah I even went to that site that breaks down the frequencies gradient between the two so you can possibly hear both on the different ends. But I still hear laurel. Kinda dumb.. Not even close to the dress debate

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Sounds nothing like Yanny. I think people are just trolling.

Nope my one friend heard Yanny mostly . It seems that Yanny is heard more via headphones due to how it handles frequencies different or something. Also some people ears function in a similar way I'm guess that Yanny becomes the more heard sound

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just watched a couple videos explaining it.

The guys that dissected it found that if you f*** with the frequencies, it sounds like Yanny. If you just listen to it with the standard frequency, it's clearly Laurel.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Nope my one friend heard Yanny mostly . It seems that Yanny is heard more via headphones due to how it handles frequencies different or something. Also some people ears function in a similar way I'm guess that Yanny becomes the more heard sound

I tried with earbuds and it's still Laurel for me. My wife hears Yanny as does my best friend. It's weird.

Reactions: Darkauron

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Is this one of those things like how cilantro tastes like soap to some people? Do some people process sounds differently? It's 105% saying laurel. The other side is hallucinating.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Is this one of those things like how cilantro tastes like soap to some people? Do some people process sounds differently? It's 105% saying laurel. The other side is hallucinating.

Yeah also kids hear higher frequencies more too so they are more likely to hear Yanny.

Also yeah cilantro taste like soap to me. Tis so nastyyyy

Reactions: Billdo

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I hear Yanny all day long. What's wrong with me? :laugh:

Several hurt when school bus ripped apart in horrific collision with truck on Route 80

This is so tragic, right by where I live. Really hope that there are no other fatalities, it's horrible for such young lives to be lost.

Absolutely terrifying. My cousin goes to west brook in Paramus (the bus was from east brook) and I was legitimately freaking out till I realized he went to west brook and not east brook.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Biznasty Does BC was pretty good. Short enough to not get boring but kinda wished it was longer. Since I've started listening to the Spittin Chiclets podcast a few months ago I've really taken a liking to it.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
My work neighbor is talking about the Royal Wedding and I wanna kill myself.

obsessions i don't understand:

-royal weddings/babies/bullshit
-the kardashians
-reboots of tv shows from like 30 years ago
-boar's head's wet, chewy, nasty cold cuts
-hinckley/foster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad