OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol seriously? That’s a Brett Favre style retirement. Get the press for months of a farewell tour, have an extended vacation in dead months for talk radio then come back in on the white horse in record time.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
lol seriously? That’s a Brett Favre style retirement. Get the press for months of a farewell tour, have an extended vacation in dead months for talk radio then come back in on the white horse in record time.

He must have gotten sage advice from Jay Leno

i'm very surprised that this many people listen to terrestrial talk radio shows. what year is this

No WiFi on construction sites or in delivery vehicles

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm sure he'll be hearing that Brett Favre comparison. I for one made sure to listen to his last day on the radio. I'm glad to see him back, but I do feel swindled.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Looks like it's a copy-cat killer of another guy who mowed down people with a vehicle in CA back in 2014.

The media needs to STOP glamorizing these killers, whether it be bombers, shooters, or car/truck killers. These losers in life see they can get more attention that Tom Cruise or Mike Tyson with their death by suicide and it's increasing the copy-cat phenomena.
Do we think that's where these guys are getting there motivation? I feel they get more from the internet.

Reactions: tr83

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Do we think that's where these guys are getting there motivation? I feel they get more from the internet.

There have always been murderers/terrorists. Every single day there are more people on this earth than the previous day. The more people there are, the more likely one of them will have terroristic tendencies, and the more likely there will be one that will act on them. They will find the "motivation" they need wherever they can to act out something they want to act out anyway. In the end, it's moot. It's not about limiting violent games, the internet, etc. To me that is like pulling the flower off a dandelion and thinking it will go away. It won't. The roots are still there and they are strong. It's about helping limit the actual root cause. Now, I think the root causes are different for different people. It could be social pressures, family issues, something with their upbringing or some combination of those factors or more. Trying to limit it to the internet or violent games/movies is way oversimplification of a more complex and difficult to solve problem. My opinion anyway.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Well there's that too. I get set in my ways and for years I've listened to Francesca on my way home from work. This new group they've got is horrid. It's really bad. Francesca pissed me off a ton but more often than not I enjoyed the show.

Bart Scott is awful on radio

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't listen to any radio. I listen to my iTunes stuff from my phone. I can never get it to work with bluetooth, but I just use an aux cord, since I have an aftermarket stereo. My truck doesn't have the plugin for it, but I just listen to CD's in there.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Bart Scott is awful on radio

He really is. If they're talking football, fine, he played, whatever. Don't try and make people think he actually has a damn clue about any other sport though. It's a joke.

I don't listen to any radio. I listen to my iTunes stuff from my phone. I can never get it to work with bluetooth, but I just use an aux cord, since I have an aftermarket stereo. My truck doesn't have the plugin for it, but I just listen to CD's in there.

I have an aux port but my iPhone 7 has that silly lightning port without an aux jack. So if I want to charge and use the aux at the same time I'd need an adapter. I have one but it's staticky. I hate it so I just use the radio. I'm old fashioned in some way I guess.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I listen to the radio 90% of the time I'm in the car. Mostly scanning the FM stations. brookdale is pretty good. WFUV is pretty good, especially with dennis Elses(sp?). WDHA, 92.3 the Rat. I'll also flip through the Jazz stations.

At work after decades of classic rock we finally got satellite. And while we still listen to classic rock quite often, every once in a while we will put on BB King's blue's station, and I really enjoy that. If I could get that in my car I'd certainly listen to that. The Dead station too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm sure he'll be hearing that Brett Favre comparison. I for one made sure to listen to his last day on the radio. I'm glad to see him back, but I do feel swindled.

I never really liked him solo...the only time I ever really listened to him in his later years is when he was gonna guaranteed have a good opening rant or when he had an interview I wanted to listen to (that he would actually let talk without interrupting every few seconds). Russo solo is a lot better than Francesa solo.

Not that I really like his replacements, they'd have been better off giving that timeslot to Joe and Evan at least. Carlin and Bart Scott are both annoying blowhards and the latter doesn't even really pretend to know anything aside from football. I pretty much listen to Kay and the ESPN crew now when I'm in the car.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I listen to the radio 90% of the time I'm in the car. Mostly scanning the FM stations. brookdale is pretty good. WFUV is pretty good, especially with dennis Elses(sp?). WDHA, 92.3 the Rat. I'll also flip through the Jazz stations.

At work after decades of classic rock we finally got satellite. And while we still listen to classic rock quite often, every once in a while we will put on BB King's blue's station, and I really enjoy that. If I could get that in my car I'd certainly listen to that. The Dead station too.
The Rat is 95.9, but I couldn't even pick that up north of the Driscoll bridge. Sometimes I could get it until exit 11, which is only like 2 or 3 miles north of the Driscoll.

KRock used to be 92.3 for a really long time. I heard they recently brought it back to a rock format.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The Rat is 95.9, but I couldn't even pick that up north of the Driscoll bridge. Sometimes I could get it until exit 11, which is only like 2 or 3 miles north of the Driscoll.

KRock used to be 92.3 for a really long time. I heard they recently brought it back to a rock format.
92.3 is currently an odd mix. They'll put on more modern stuff, which I'm not even sure how to categorize. But they'll play some Sublime and Nirvana, 90's rock stuff that I dig.

And yeah, the Rat out of point pleasant does not go too far north.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->