The Taylor Hall Thread II: Taylor Ham Edition

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Frickin jabroni is on pace for exactly 0 assists tho bruh!

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Just wanted to say Hall is traditionally a slow starter, so you shouldnt be worried about his lack of points so far.

... oh.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Was thinking this back in the boston game regarding Hall as a "cancer" or whatever the tag was that came out of Edm.

The guy plays so dang hard, that I can see him getting frustrated when others are not matching that intensity, especially when the team is losing.

So I can maybe see where it came from, especially on a crappy team like Edm was, but if that is kind of the essence of what it was, I don't have much problem with it. In fact that is the kind of leadership I like to see from players. Wish more guys on our side played like that.

Reactions: oilers2k10

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Edm fan chiming in.

Hall wasn't or isn't a cancer.

He's a young kid who occasionally went to clubs and was crucified at times for doing what 21-24 year olds do.. because the team was bad.

The leadership and veteran support was so poor or nonexistant that Hall was thrust into that position. And no surprise - with Edmonton being the dumpster fire that it was, Hall was often singled out for not being a strong veteran presence.

It didn't help that Hall was gifted preferential treatment from management from day 1. The way management treated him likely caused issues but I don't think he was at fault.

And yes even the biggest Hall detractor will admit he goes balls to the wall 110% each shift. He can carry a line himself, and is an elite talent.

He got really noticably agitated at times.

The guy plays with a ton of emotion, and he takes losses personally.

Which can be good...

... but in the case of the Oilers, the mental makeup of the team was so frail and lacked any semblance of confidence Hall's scorn was devastating.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I couldn't be happier with this guy. My god is he amazing. The SPEED and DRIVE this kid has. He is a star and we haven't had anything like him since Parise/Kovy.

He mentioned in the post game interview I believe with Deb that he's really enjoying the transition and it has gone smoother than he thought it would and enjoys the team, coaches, etc, but one of the biggest things he said was this is the first time he's been over .500 in 4 years and had a smile on his face. I thought that was telling. The kid is driven and has a fire under him to succeed.

The trade was truly a win win for both teams. Still miss Adam tho! Glad to see he's doing well in Edmonton.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Edm fan chiming in.

Hall wasn't or isn't a cancer.

He's a young kid who occasionally went to clubs and was crucified at times for doing what 21-24 year olds do.. because the team was bad.

The leadership and veteran support was so poor or nonexistant that Hall was thrust into that position. And no surprise - with Edmonton being the dumpster fire that it was, Hall was often singled out for not being a strong veteran presence.

It didn't help that Hall was gifted preferential treatment from management from day 1. The way management treated him likely caused issues but I don't think he was at fault.

And yes even the biggest Hall detractor will admit he goes balls to the wall 110% each shift. He can carry a line himself, and is an elite talent.

He got really noticably agitated at times.

The guy plays with a ton of emotion, and he takes losses personally.

Which can be good...

... but in the case of the Oilers, the mental makeup of the team was so frail and lacked any semblance of confidence Hall's scorn was devastating.

In his interviews I can tell that he is a natural leader that understands the game.

IMO he's still getting his feet wet on this Devils team, I don't think we've seen his best yet.
Hynes has to find him the right and consistent line mates.
Maybe it's Zacha and Palmieri, maybe it's Henrique.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Totally.

And to be completely honest, most of us oiler fans would still take him over Seguin. And we gladly say this after he's already been traded.

He's in a better situation now. He's going to rip up the east.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
2nd in the league in goals!!!:yo:

No.

HVogQEe.png

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Richard Panik??

He plays top line minutes for the Hawks.

Who's he playing with Kane and Panarin? I mean I could score that many goals playing with those two.

Agree, Panik doesn't count. Hall is 2nd.

A Tampa Bay Lightning throw away that is having a random hot start.

Anyways. Hall is looking better and better. I count at least 3 or 4 tap in assists that he should've had too.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hall normally takes to game 10 to get going, so game 5-6 is gravy.

But the Hall train has left the station- it aint stopping for anything. Enjoy it. You can expect plenty of these games in the future from him

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
A Tampa Bay Lightning throw away that is having a random hot start.

Anyways. Hall is looking better and better. I count at least 3 or 4 tap in assists that he should've had too.

Watch Panik dish a hatter vs us Friday night.

TB is so deep at forward in recently years that they could shed young/talented forwards like Panik (CHI) and Jonathan Marchessault (FLA).

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
He plays top line minutes for the Hawks.

As of a couple of days ago he was shooting at over 60%. He's down to 54% now, and that number will continue to drop.

For reference's sake, that's higher than DSP and Bobby Farnham's shooting percentages last year combined.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Watch Panik dish a hatter vs us Friday night.

TB is so deep at forward in recently years that they could shed young/talented forwards like Panik (CHI) and Jonathan Marchessault (FLA).

He's been in the league for a little while and on quite a few different teams (Tampa, Leafs ,Blackhawks?). I just don't see it continuing.

Anyways. Hall thread.

I'm surprised by how good of a mid range shot Hall has. Everything I saw previously was him right around the crease. This kid has a hard bomb of a wrist Dr.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just realized that Hall actually does have one assist.

Last night on Zajac's game winner.

I can't joke about him being on pace for exactly 0 assists anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->