The Steven Stamkos Playoffs (Non-)Performance Thread

Should the Bolts Strip Stamkos of the C?

• Total voters

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
After Cooper likely getting fired, Stamkos possibly getting stripped of the C will be our other possible change to watch. I'm with most of you where in the event this does occur, Point should get the C.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If you're going to start a thread on it, maybe post the data?

Regular season:
746 games played
393 goals / .53 GPG
373 assists
766 points / 1.03 PPG

Playoffs:
68 games played
22 goals / .32 GPG
29 assists
51 points / .75 PPG
That’s why stats can be deceiving. 0.75 PPG career playoffs is not shabby by any means. However, in playoffs it’s not always how many, but when.

I love Stamkos as a player. However, leaders need to lead and for whatever reason, it’s not the first time he’s not got it done.

I hope CBJ wins 5-4, and Stamkos scores the 4 goals. I also hope Kucherov goes goose egg. He shouldn’t be playing tonight IMO.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Stamkos plight is literally the exact same thing Steve Yzerman went through.

Yzerman won his first cup when he was 31. Before that he was called a playoff choker too. Scotty Bowman nearly traded him.

And even after he won his cups, he's was still a part of all-time hall of fame teams that were beaten in the first round in an epic upset for the ages (Anaheim and Edmonton).

Winning the Stanley Cup has always been insanely difficult.

Difference is that in general Yzerman always performed in the playoffs. And he wasn't on powerhouse teams until later in his career. Nowhere close to the same situation.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
The idea that leadership only resides in letters on a jersey is patently absurd.

If there are leadership issues on this team, it's not because where the letters are.
The vast majority of the letters are usually on the back anyway.

There is somewhat more freedom with the numbers, they can be on the sleeves and helmets and so forth. They should be more creative with the helmets, now it's just crappy daveart with goalie masks. Lot of things you could do with GPS and small LED lights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad