The Scoop on Chistov?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Karamazov, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Karamazov

Karamazov Registered User

Home Page:
    It looked like Stanny had a good shot at a top six spot going into camp, but from what I've been able to uncover, it looks like he's not getting played, or getting very few minutes in any of the Ducks preseason games lately. Is this because he's had a bad camp, poor play early on, or are they just saving him for the regular season? If any Ducks fans could let me know if he impressed/dissapointed in camp or in the preseason I'd appreciate it. I was hoping he'd finally put it together this year after a year back home on the top line...

2. He still looks like the old Chistov - lots of razzle dazzle but not much result. He's stronger and he backchecks now, which means he's useful as a role player, but as a scoring option he's been outplayed by Ryan Shannon.

3. Static

Static Registered User

What do you expect when he plays with rookies all game? He's only taken a couple shifts on even strength with guys who actually have some talent to score. Why he hasnt produced on the ppl is beyond me though, although putting him in front of the net seems like a waste.

4. Heat McManus

Heat McManus Registered User

Unless he's absolutely phenominal at deflecting the puck, the 5'9", 193 guy doesn't seem like the best choice to create some havoc in front of the net.

They've got some bigger guys they can put there. What kind of system are they using?

5. Karamazov

Karamazov Registered User

Home Page:
    Thanks for the info guys - I still hope it comes together for him this year...

6. 12 oz Papa*

12 oz Papa* Guest

He's been showing a lot of heart and hard work. The old Chistov would go for a line change as soon as he lost the puck.

On the powerplay, he's done very well. I believe that's where he scored his goal this preseason. He's not there to screen the goalie or deflect. He's there to handle rebounds and score, or, get the ones that go wide. He did that very well.

As someone mentioned though, we have enough of the 3rd and 4th liners, we need scoring, which he hasn't shown and Ryan Shannon has. I don't know what they plan to do with Chistov.

From what I heard, he had a good camp and from what I've seen ,a decent preseason.

The Ducks have a lot of decisions to make as far as rookies to cut or not and such, so I'm very glad I'm not the coach.

7. Kafka

Kafka Registered User

student
    Home Page:
    Sergei Samsonov here in Montreal as yet played like an AHLer... and I am confident he will turn out correctly eventually..... maybe Chistov is in the same situation?

8. Bruins77forLife

Bruins77forLife Registered User

student
    I think Penner will make the top 6, along with Selanne, McDonald, Getzlaf, Kunitz and Perry, and not Chistov.

9. Leaf Army

Leaf Army Registered User

Home Page:
    The scoop on Chistov is that he isn't very good. Sooner or later everyone will realize this hopefully.

The Ducks have much better options then him.

10. kenabnrmal

kenabnrmal Registered User

Home Page:
    The "top six" for the Ducks isn't as important as the "top 9" or even the "top 12". Carlyle cycles the 4 lines almost evenly, with the skilled players receiving a boost in ice time from the pp, and the defensive sorts getting the pk. As long as Chistov makes the team and is committed to playing responsibly, he'll have a chance to produce.

11. McDonald19

McDonald19 Marcus Pettersson

Analyst
    Carlyle likes to use pairs and mix and match their linemate, there really is no top 6 with the Ducks. There will be 3 scoring lines. Here is what the lines will probably be opening night.

Kunitz-McDonald-Selanne
    Chistov-Getzlaf-Perry
    Penner-Marchant-Shannon
    Fedoruk-Pahlsson-Niedermayer

scratched: Green, Moen

12. Who knows, he's played hard that's the important thing to me. he's mostly been lined up with minor leaguers, I have no idea what to expect come October 6th.