The Scoop on Chistov?

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
It looked like Stanny had a good shot at a top six spot going into camp, but from what I've been able to uncover, it looks like he's not getting played, or getting very few minutes in any of the Ducks preseason games lately. Is this because he's had a bad camp, poor play early on, or are they just saving him for the regular season? If any Ducks fans could let me know if he impressed/dissapointed in camp or in the preseason I'd appreciate it. I was hoping he'd finally put it together this year after a year back home on the top line...

Spankatola Jamnuts*

He still looks like the old Chistov - lots of razzle dazzle but not much result. He's stronger and he backchecks now, which means he's useful as a role player, but as a scoring option he's been outplayed by Ryan Shannon.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He still looks like the old Chistov - lots of razzle dazzle but not much result. He's stronger and he backchecks now, which means he's useful as a role player, but as a scoring option he's been outplayed by Ryan Shannon.

What do you expect when he plays with rookies all game? He's only taken a couple shifts on even strength with guys who actually have some talent to score. Why he hasnt produced on the ppl is beyond me though, although putting him in front of the net seems like a waste.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
What do you expect when he plays with rookies all game? He's only taken a couple shifts on even strength with guys who actually have some talent to score. Why he hasnt produced on the ppl is beyond me though, although putting him in front of the net seems like a waste.

Unless he's absolutely phenominal at deflecting the puck, the 5'9", 193 guy doesn't seem like the best choice to create some havoc in front of the net.

They've got some bigger guys they can put there. What kind of system are they using?

12 oz Papa*

He's been showing a lot of heart and hard work. The old Chistov would go for a line change as soon as he lost the puck.

On the powerplay, he's done very well. I believe that's where he scored his goal this preseason. He's not there to screen the goalie or deflect. He's there to handle rebounds and score, or, get the ones that go wide. He did that very well.

As someone mentioned though, we have enough of the 3rd and 4th liners, we need scoring, which he hasn't shown and Ryan Shannon has. I don't know what they plan to do with Chistov.

From what I heard, he had a good camp and from what I've seen ,a decent preseason.

The Ducks have a lot of decisions to make as far as rookies to cut or not and such, so I'm very glad I'm not the coach.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Sergei Samsonov here in Montreal as yet played like an AHLer... and I am confident he will turn out correctly eventually..... maybe Chistov is in the same situation?

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
I think Penner will make the top 6, along with Selanne, McDonald, Getzlaf, Kunitz and Perry, and not Chistov.

The "top six" for the Ducks isn't as important as the "top 9" or even the "top 12". Carlyle cycles the 4 lines almost evenly, with the skilled players receiving a boost in ice time from the pp, and the defensive sorts getting the pk. As long as Chistov makes the team and is committed to playing responsibly, he'll have a chance to produce.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I think Penner will make the top 6, along with Selanne, McDonald, Getzlaf, Kunitz and Perry, and not Chistov.

Carlyle likes to use pairs and mix and match their linemate, there really is no top 6 with the Ducks. There will be 3 scoring lines. Here is what the lines will probably be opening night.

Kunitz-McDonald-Selanne
Chistov-Getzlaf-Perry
Penner-Marchant-Shannon
Fedoruk-Pahlsson-Niedermayer

scratched: Green, Moen

Randall Graves*

Unless he's absolutely phenominal at deflecting the puck, the 5'9", 193 guy doesn't seem like the best choice to create some havoc in front of the net.

They've got some bigger guys they can put there. What kind of system are they using?
Who knows, he's played hard that's the important thing to me. he's mostly been lined up with minor leaguers, I have no idea what to expect come October 6th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad