The Real Team Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_shannon_1983*

pavel datsyuk said:
its all about chemistry. Yzerman, Draper, and Primeau IMO wouldn't make a very good checking line because they lack chemistry.

The reason Maltby, Draper, and Doan are on the squad is because last year they created a lethal line.

Yzerman, Draper, and Primeau probably wouldn't have the chemistry of Draper, Maltby, and Doan.

But I think they could have some.

Whenever Draper and Yzerman have played on the same line in Detroit they have had decent chemistry.

And Yzerman and Primeau used to have good chemistry way back in Primeau's Detroit days.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
richardn said:
If I picked the team this is how my lines would have looked.

Iginla - Thornton - Bertuzzi
Richards- Lecavalier - St. Louis
Kariya - Sakic - Lemieux (Tanguay if Lemieix not healthy)
Smyth - Primeau - Heatley

Extras: Doan, Tanguay, and Nash

Pronger - Jovanovski
Blake - Foote
Niedermayer - Stevens (Redden if Stevens not healthy)

Extras: McCabe, Redden and Brewer

Brodeur
Belfour
Luongo

i dont think teams are allowed 6 extra's. But otherwise I agree with almost everything.

L 1.Tanguay - Sakic - Iginla. Everybody ignores that Tanguay and Sakic are a Dynamite Duo for the avs. Kariya and Sakic did nothing together this year.

L 2. Nash - Lemieux - Bertuzzi

L 3. Heatley(someone has to switch wings) - Thornton - St. Louis

L 4. Smyth - Primeau - Doan

Richards

D 1. Blake and Pronger

D 2. Foote and Jovo....strangely, it seems that when two rival players get paired on a line for an international event, they have chemistry.

D 3. Neidermayer and Aucoin

Redden

G 1. Brodeur

G 2. Belfour

G 3. Luongo

Beakermania*

Footemeister said:
Kariya Lecavalier Bertuzzi
Tanguay Morrison Murray
Daze Primeau Recchi
Cooke Madden Nolan

Stevens Morris
McCabe MacInnis
Stuart Bouwmeester

Theodore
Turco
CuJo

Remove Daze add Stillman, move Cooke to Daze's spot on the checking line.
Remove Cujo add Raycroft or Giggy.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
I see Joe Thornton pencilled into the top line spot on a few mock lineups. If he's our first line center we are in a whole heap of trouble. Lets go to some guys who have actually accomplished something in big games, either at the NHL or international level. This team has some tremendous talent and character, Joe needs to grow up. He gets third line minutes in my mind.

Beakermania*

SwisshockeyAcademy said:
I see Joe Thornton pencilled into the top line spot on a few mock lineups. If he's our first line center we are in a whole heap of trouble. Lets go to some guys who have actually accomplished something in big games, either at the NHL or international level. This team has some tremendous talent and character, Joe needs to grow up. He gets third line minutes in my mind.

This tourney will be the Joe T coming out party, much like 87 Canada Cup was Mario's coming out party. Its not just about points with Joe, he is the most complete C in the NHL IMO. Big hits, solid forecheck, digger in corners, solid both ends, along with the great playmaking skills, and excellent goal scorer instincts.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
wilka91 said:
Meilleure défense? Hum ... c'est encore possible. Par contre en ce qui concerne les gardiens, non! La Russie fait bien mieux dans ce domaine, regarde les éliminatoires de la Coupe Stanley de 2004 mon ami :)
Tu te base sur une année mon gars avec un gars qui a jamais rien gagné avec une meilleure équipe devant lui félicitations!! :handclap:

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
Why is there so much rage over Primeau not being there? Sure the guy has been arguably the best player over the last month but what about the rest of the year and even last year. One month of great hockey opposed to 6 months of mediocore hockey does not justify a selection in my books, even though he was hurt for a while this year.

Anyways, my lines with the current team:

Smyth-Sakic-Iginla
Lemiuex-Richards-St.Louis
Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
Yzerman-Draper-Doan

Pronger-Blake
Neidermyer-Foote (Only cuz he won't be sat)
Regehr- Jovanovski

Brodeur

There are 3 great scoring lines which all provide a different look and could be a 1st line on almost any country. The D have one guy who likes to rush the puck and one guy who likes to stay at home in each pairing. Makes sense to me .

Last edited:

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
And here is my ideal team:

Bertuzzi-Sakic-Iginla
Tanguay-Thornton-St.Louis
Lemiuex-Lecavalier-Heatley
Yzerman-Draper-Doan

Pronger - Blake
Neidermyer - Morris
Jovanovski - Stevens

Broduer

Beakermania*

My ideal team:

Bertuzzi-Thornton-Iginla
(Dump the puck in the corner and watch some European D-man crap his pants.) :eek:

Lemieux-Sakic-Heatley
(Can you say Clutch??) :banana:

Marleau-Richards-St.Louis
(Speed kills and they have Plenty)

Maltby-Draper-Doan
(I like the International Grind Line)

Extras: Lecavalier, Yzerman

Pronger - Neidermeyer
Blake - Foote
Jovanovski - Redden

Extra: Aucoin

Broduer
Luongo
Theodore

Taft

Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
Just curious, why are so many people so high on Alex Tanguay? The guy has never impressed me and I just can't see the World Cup as a stage where he might start impressing me. I'm glad he's not there.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
wilka91 said:
Ben quoi, je dis ce qui est!

Ils vont se faire déchirer :lol:

Au moins le Canada a une équipe. Elle est où ton équipe? La Russie, c'est un pays de merde qui ne peut même pas s'organiser pour bâtir une équipe en temps requis. Bravo les russes!

Brownies

Canuck21t said:
Au moins le Canada a une équipe. Elle est où ton équipe? La Russie, c'est un pays de merde qui ne peut même pas s'organiser pour bâtir une équipe en temps requis. Bravo les russes!

C'est le genre de commentaires que tu peux aller faire sur un autre forum quand ça te chante, mais pas ici.

Brownies

Taft said:
Just curious, why are so many people so high on Alex Tanguay? The guy has never impressed me and I just can't see the World Cup as a stage where he might start impressing me. I'm glad he's not there.

Luc Robitaille has never impressed me neither. Not flashy, not a guy with awesome skills, but he put the puck in the net. Isn't it what this game is about ???

Note to myself : 3 posts in a row... Should just write one the next time...

Coburnfan05

Feb 20, 2004
SOB Southern Ontario
tml_hockey said:
I'm not very happy with the selection as I feel some people made the team with a helping bias from lowe and gretzky. ie. brewer, smith, doan, yzerman, Gagne all should not be on the team. Those players are not canada's best players let alone canada's best role players.

My Team Canada

1. Finesse & Scoring lineup - 1st PP Unit

Iginla - Sakic - Tanguay - * Kariya

2. Finesse & Fire Power lineup - 2nd PP Unit

Heatly, Lemieux, St. Louis - * Nash

3. Penalty Killing & Shut Down Line - PK unit 1

Maltby, Draper, Richards - * Madden

4. Crash The Net & Bang Line - PK unit 2

Thornton, Primeau, Marleau - * Bertuzzi

Defense:

Niedermayer - Pronger
Blake - Foote
Regehr - Jovo

Brewer, Redden**

Goalie
Brodeur, Belfour, Loungo

Please tell me what you think of this lineup and who you would replace if any. I really think this is the team we should of selected.

Great Line up but Ryan Smyth & Gagne are deserving...sure they have had off years but Gagne has been injury plagues the last 2 years and was put in a checking role for most of the year his speed can make him a game breaker. As for Ryan Smyth on heart and desire alone he should be on the team he has played for Canada every time he has been asked (even when injured) and plays with so much passion.

If you put Gagne in Colorado he probably would put up just as many points as Tanguay, however I would include Tanguay on my team Canada.

No disespect to Draper and Maltby but grinders are not needed in these tournaments and if they are the team just because of thier penalty killing, well that's just plain stupid. I also would not have Lemieux on this team who the hell knows how rusty he is.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
brownies said:
C'est le genre de commentaires que tu peux aller faire sur un autre forum quand ça te chante, mais pas ici.

La vérité est dure n'est-ce pas? Elle est tout de même vraie. Moi, je ne supporte pas qu'on rit de mon équipe avec arrogance sans avoir aucun argument. En plus venant de quelqu'un qui est un fan d'une équipe qui n'existe même pas encore. Voila pourquoi j'ai répondu ainsi. J'ai utilisé le même ton que ce dernier. Tout aussi insultant.

Brownies

Canuck21t said:
La vérité est dure n'est-ce pas? Elle est tout de même vraie. Moi, je ne supporte pas qu'on rit de mon équipe avec arrogance sans avoir aucun argument. En plus venant de quelqu'un qui est un fan d'une équipe qui n'existe même pas encore. Voila pourquoi j'ai répondu ainsi. J'ai utilisé le même ton que ce dernier. Tout aussi insultant.
T'étais pas obligé de critiquer un pays au complet. Qu'est-ce que tu connais de la Russie pour en parler comme ça ? Critique leur équipe si ca te plait, mais pas le pays au complet. J'ai peut-être l'air de prendre ça trop au sérieux, mais ya plusieurs Russe sur Hockeysfuture. Un peu de respect.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
tml_hockey said:
I'm not very happy with the selection as I feel some people made the team with a helping bias from lowe and gretzky. ie. brewer, smith, doan, yzerman, Gagne all should not be on the team. Those players are not canada's best players let alone canada's best role players.

My Team Canada

1. Finesse & Scoring lineup - 1st PP Unit

Iginla - Sakic - Tanguay - * Kariya

2. Finesse & Fire Power lineup - 2nd PP Unit

Heatly, Lemieux, St. Louis - * Nash

3. Penalty Killing & Shut Down Line - PK unit 1

Maltby, Draper, Richards - * Madden

4. Crash The Net & Bang Line - PK unit 2

Thornton, Primeau, Marleau - * Bertuzzi

Defense:

Niedermayer - Pronger
Blake - Foote
Regehr - Jovo

Brewer, Redden**

Goalie
Brodeur, Belfour, Loungo

Please tell me what you think of this lineup and who you would replace if any. I really think this is the team we should of selected.

You're contradicting yourslef when you say there was a helping bias yet you add Lemieux to your lineup when he only played no more than 10-15 games this season and is in probably the worst shape of his life.

tml_hockey

Jan 3, 2004
Visit site
Lemieux wouldn't take the invite if he was in the worse shape of his life. If lemieux couldn't play he would let team canada know. I recall lemieux taking two plus years off and coming back to play and scoring goals in his first game. This is less than two years and lemieux is clutch. ie. olympics and scoring records.

Lemieux has both size and presence of leadership that makes the entire team canada more confident with him on the team. Name another player that adds confidence and leadership the way lemieux does?

How is this bias? or a contradiction? I have no affliation with lemieux, I've never even met this guy.

lowe has connections with brewer and smythe who are both oilers. Gretzky has connections with doan, who is a coyote.

Please explain how i am bias with my selection of lemieux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad