Speculation: The real question: Foxy vs. Faustie, who goes?

Who gets the axe this offseason?

• Total voters

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I didn't see the after show so I don't know what you're referencing. But the fact the Kings got bent 0-4 probably would leave a huge homer like fox shell shocked.

The thing I really like about Fox is that he really knows the game and rules to perfection which I admire. He's very quick to explain what happened

He's got insufferable though with his blind homerism.

Faust is undoubtedly nervous to say anything or over lap fox. He respects him too much so fox monologs.

I don't think they make a good combo. Faust is too young for the Job. They need someone to reel In Fox like Jim would do.. But Faust can't do it.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
One thing I can say is that they don't really like each other. I think it's obvious by the way they talk to each other. A lot of subtle jabs.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
I'd rather focus on the issues with the players on the ice than the guys in the booth. We have been spoiled with Bob Miller for so many years and Faust and Foxy will be fine. I thought both did great considering it's their first year together.
Agree. I think Faust made a conscious effort to not make comments that some consider a jinx. I just wish Foxy stopped with the "whoa"s and "here we go"s.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I didn't see the after show so I don't know what you're referencing. But the fact the Kings got bent 0-4 probably would leave a huge homer like fox shell shocked.

The thing I really like about Fox is that he really knows the game and rules to perfection which I admire. He's very quick to explain what happened

The thing I really can't stand about Fox is when Quick lets in a softy, he will go out of his way to never put blame on Quick. He will call out the dmen all game long, but Quick is off limits, except for the occasional "he'd like to have that one back."

and Fox's cadence at times sounds like a kindergarten teacher. :confused:

Reactions: Kylo Ren

Seventyx7

Carter Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004
Norcal
Fox has picked up some very annoying habits through the years. But Faust is so hard to listen to . Maybe we're spoiled after decades of BoB but I can't stand him.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Eh, I'm usually so focused on the play I sort of tune them out. They're fine.

Usually I was in my car for a big chunk of games this year, so I'm used to hearing Nick Nixon as my voice of the Kings. Daryl Evans bugs me though - I mean, he seems like a good guy, but he's always sort of stumbling over his words.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Fox has done a lot over the years for the Org. and is a fixture in the community so it's next to impossible to let him go. If they let go of Faust, some might attribute that to Fox. I think their hands are kind of tied right now.

It's not that I dislike Faust, I just think they would have been better served going with one of the experienced guys that filled in. I know they want to start a new legacy and all, but that can't be forced and it takes a really special announcer to do it on their own.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Fox is going nowhere unless he chooses to do so.

Replacing a legend is difficult so it would be no surprise if the initial replacement doesn't last. There are going to be people that will actively look for ways not to like him simply because he isn't Bob.

I'm fully on-board with the chemistry being an issue due to the age difference, on top of Fox most likely feeling that Faust should defer to him since it is now Fox's booth.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The thing I really can't stand about Fox is when Quick lets in a softy, he will go out of his way to never put blame on Quick. He will call out the dmen all game long, but Quick is off limits, except for the occasional "he'd like to have that one back."

and Fox's cadence at times sounds like a kindergarten teacher. :confused:

Oh I've always noticed that. It's obvious that he has a huge hard on for Quick.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Fox has done a lot over the years for the Org. and is a fixture in the community so it's next to impossible to let him go. If they let go of Faust, some might attribute that to Fox. I think their hands are kind of tied right now.

It's not that I dislike Faust, I just think they would have been better served going with one of the experienced guys that filled in. I know they want to start a new legacy and all, but that can't be forced and it takes a really special announcer to do it on their own.

Fox is going nowhere unless he chooses to do so.

Replacing a legend is difficult so it would be no surprise if the initial replacement doesn't last. There are going to be people that will actively look for ways not to like him simply because he isn't Bob.

I'm fully on-board with the chemistry being an issue due to the age difference, on top of Fox most likely feeling that Faust should defer to him since it is now Fox's booth.

Man, I don't know why, but I read both of these in Fox's voice. I couldn't stop it.

...since it now, Fox's booth.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I mostly watch the tv stream with a lowered volume and am on my mobile device anyways. With all the commercials and in game segments, I tend to turn up the volume during the replays. So I think Foxy does a good job with those. And I miss most of the blather between him and the new guy.

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
Wish there was a message board we could refer to from the time Bob took over from Jiggs McDonald when he was a young announcer. Who know what comments it would contain from existing fans used to the original voice.

I can't imagine the pressure Faust was under. It took a mountain of courage to take hold of this mike, probably knowing he would receive mostly negative reviews early on. Imagine how self conscious you would be.

He absolutely needs more seasoning and rounding out. Give the boy a chance and some credit, even if he's not your cup of tea right now.

Regarding Fox's homerism, does anyone find it's more noticeable now than in the 90's and early 2000's? I keep wondering if it's a relatively recent network policy to pump up your crowd and market star players. It's especially noticeable during player interviews with the statutory "isn't Quicky fabulous" and "wow, what about Drew" questions.

Regardless, Jim Fox is an essential part of the Kings experience for me. Love the guy, he genuinely cares and is part of the fabric.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->