The Quebec Nordiks announce their withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
swedish meatball said:
Why does it seem like all "hockey-lovers" on the board seem to want the WHA to fail?

We don't necessarily want it too, but we know it will and now it's time to face the facts, and Quebec's withdrawl makes it painfully obvious that this league is gonna be discarded like Cindi Lauper's new album.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Saw this coming...

I thought this cherade would last another month though.

And meatball, I'm certianly not hoping it fails, I just understand the reality of the situation.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
swedish meatball said:
Why does it seem like all "hockey-lovers" on the board seem to want the WHA to fail?

I can't imagine any hockey fans wanting the WHA to fail - the fact is that anyone who takes even a glance at the setup (or lack thereof) of the WHA knows that this league will never fly - the concept is there but not the organization.

Could see this coming miles away... :joker:

Xavier07

Jul 9, 2004
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I really wish it would succeed, me living in Halifax, I dont usually get to see any real high level of hockey, especially now since the Mooseheads are in a slump.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
AxeBodySpray said:
I really wish it would succeed, me living in Halifax, I dont usually get to see any real high level of hockey, especially now since the Mooseheads are in a slump.

I understand how you feel. Thats why I thought the WHA should only put teams in bigger cities that dont get pro hockey. Halifax was perfect, but instead of Detroit, put a team in Regina! What about Salt Lake City? Hartford?

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
Salt Lake City has way too much hype. Nobody cares about anything there, especially not hockey, it's all a DESERT.

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
swedish meatball said:

I don't think many actually want it to fail, it's just they feel the WHA has been so ridiculously mis-handled and seem to ignore their own rules so often that they've almost become something of a joke.

At this point it seems any hope that they might last is misplaced, so we're left with little but examining their downfall.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Douggy said:
What about Hamilton?

I just can't understand this. How can these people be screwing things up like this? How hard can it be????????????????

Sign a rink deal, hire some management/employees, and sign some players. Let's go guys!

Idiots, Idiots, Idiots!!!

Last edited:

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
salostyle said:
Next... :lol

It's not even funny. It's to the point of being pathetic. What can they possibly be doing? How can they fill an 8 hour day without doing anything? Do they just sit at a desk and twiddle their thumbs?

As if ex-NHL, now AHL types wouldn't jump at the opportunity to play in the WHA. Doug Gilmour would play. Sign them!!!!!!

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Licentia said:
It's not even funny. It's to the point of being pathetic. What can they possibly be doing? How can they fill an 8 hour day without doing anything? Do they just sit at a desk and twiddle their thumbs?

No that would be the CBA talks.

Timmy1973

May 28, 2002
Orlando
Visit site
Canadian_man said:
Orlando and jacksonville never got their asses in gear.
There asses were in gear to begin with, at least for a little while I thought, but they were supposed to be bought by a Calgary businessman who couldn't come up with the money. With so many of the teams failing before an actual game is played makes me wonder if the league ever had a plan that could succeed.

PEli*

AxeBodySpray said:

Go to Mooseheads games this year. They're going to contend for the top spot in the Q. It'll be the best hockey you've seen since...the big run two years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad