The Punisher - Netflix

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I still haven't finished watching the Defenders.
From what I understand this show is going to have extremely little crossover with the other TV shows because of how different in tone it is to the others.
Seems to be getting largely positive reviews so far.

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
So it's 13 episodes...

Which as a Punisher fan is awesome, more content the better.

But this is Netflix, who somehow had a 8 episode Defenders season feel full of filler material.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm 2 episodes in so far.

The biggest complain people seem to have with Marvels Netflix stuff, is that it's too dragged out and the 13 episode seasons could easily be done in 8.

I think for the same people who have that complaint, they probably wont like The Punisher either. Definitely seems to be a slow build so far.

For me personally, I enjoy the shows that do a really good detailed job at hashing out characters and the back story that leads to what's actually happening.

So the first two episodes have been slow going, but good story telling and good character build up.

Also, already some cross-over between the other shows, but I dont think we'll be seeing a tonne more of it.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
3 episodes in and love it so far. Don't quite get the complaints about it being slow honestly. Bernthal is amazing so far as well. Really carries the show. Depends how it finishes up but most enjoyable Marvel Netflix series since Daredevil for me.

Karnage

Mar 9, 2004
Just finished it. Thought it was great. I have a couple of issues with the last episode but imo the best marvel series

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Keep an eye on Jon Bernthals hair throughout the series, it's all kinds of different lengths. I believe the show was delayed after the Vegas shooting and i feel they changed a few scenes because of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad