On the Road vs Three Offensive Juggernauts

AT PENS
AT HAWKS
AT STARS

Back Home for Three Straight

VS AVS
VS BRUINS
VS CAPS

-Games against two division rivals (Boston and Buffalo)
-Games against five conference foes (Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Washington and Philadelphia-twice)

Reminder
Last season, we went 4-3-3-1. Four wins in eleven games. Started behind the eight ball, only recorded 13 goals in 11 games; wasn't ideal scenario. This year has to be different. We must come ready to play and be able to produce more than 1.18 goals per game.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
We have one line that is a consistent offensive threat. Can we develop a second? The success of the season hinges on a PP that works from the get go and the chemistry of the pirri-bjugs-smith line.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Barky scored I think one point in his first ten games last year. If that first line works anything like last year it's hard not to see improvement in point totals/.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
First Eleven Games 15-16

Five Games in Eight Days
(including three games in four days)

VS FLYERS
AT FLYERS
AT CANES
VS SABRES
VS STARS

On the Road vs Three Offensive Juggernauts

AT PENS
AT HAWKS
AT STARS

Back Home for Three Straight

VS AVS
VS BRUINS
VS CAPS

-Games against two division rivals (Boston and Buffalo)
-Games against five conference foes (Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Washington and Philadelphia-twice)

Reminder
Last season, we went 4-3-3-1. Four wins in eleven games. Started behind the eight ball, only recorded 13 goals in 11 games; wasn't ideal scenario. This year has to be different. We must come ready to play and be able to produce more than 1.18 goals per game.

If the 1st line continues, and we can find a PP and a sustained PK, we'll be fine. Going back to the 2012 run, we had the red hot Weiss line and a great PP and average PK that carried us.

Rewatching the 2012 first round series and my god, how lovely our PP was. Game 3 especially.

Last edited:

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Lack of offense was a huge part of why we were on the outside looking in at the end of the season. While I don't expect Jagr's success with Barkov and Huberdeau to be as successful all season as it was in the final 20 games, it should be a huge asset in comparison to the first 60 games of last season.

Hopefully we can get a full season of Pirri as he wasn't available for basically half of the season after the injury. His chemistry, if he plays with Bjugstad and Smith could be a big factor. I also feel like without the overpaid veterans on the squad, we'll get some more scoring from the bottom six.

While we won't be close to an offensive powerhouse, I feel more confident that we'll get off to a better start than last season due to that. As they say, by December, I think we'll have a pretty good idea of what we get out of this team and what changes might have to made by the trade deadline.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Can't get off to a slow start, they need to split vs Philly and crush the Sabres and Canes, 3-1 at worst. An 0-3-1 start against bottom feeders would be a very bad sign.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
12 points is a must in those first 11 games. Just like the thread last year, getting 6 points in 5 games is how we gauge the playoffs, so 12 points, at least, is a must.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
No reason why we cant start off the season 4-0. We are a better team than the Flyers, Canes, and Sabres. 4-0/3-1 going into that 5th game against the Stars is certainly possible.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
No one is expecting anything from the Panthers, outside of the team itself. No one outside of Sunrise is thinking they can be victorious against "real" NHL teams. No one thinks the youth movement has arrived, and no one thinks Jagr has enough gas in the tank.

Perfect.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
No one is expecting anything from the Panthers, outside of the team itself. No one outside of Sunrise is thinking they can be victorious against "real" NHL teams. No one thinks the youth movement has arrived, and no one thinks Jagr has enough gas in the tank.

Perfect.
I expect them to get off to a good start this year. What concerns me is Lu wearing down after the allstar break, and Montoya not doing well. I also expect a few more injuries this year. It will be debatable whether they can match last years record, and will depend on winning a large percentage of OT.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
its important that we get to a good start, considering that everyone is healthy right now except for grimaldi but he should be ready by opening day id imagine.

detroit has datsyuk out till mid november-ish.
boston's D was already lacking with the departure of dougie. seidenberg is out for while so its even worse.
buffalo's D was also lacking and both gorges and bogosian are injured and will miss time.

the first 5-games, id like to see us at least split the 2 flyers games, win against carolina and buffalo, and probably lose to the stars. anywhere from 5-7 points after the first 5-games should be good. for the 3 road games just try and grind out some OT points and all 3 home games are winnable so 3 or more points would be nice, anything over 2 preferably. really want to see us take advantage of vulnerable buffalo and boston, both here at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad