Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I see a couple of other sites are trying to link the Canucks with d-man Christian Wolanin of UND......apparently because of some arcane rule about being drafted in his third year of eligibility, he's a UFA this summer. Not familiar with this player other than he's the son of former NHL'er Craig Wolanin, and obviously a former team-mate of Boeser and Stecher.....6'1', 180, left=-shot d-man with some nice numbers in the NCAA....should the Canucks be interested?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I see a couple of other sites are trying to link the Canucks with d-man Christian Wolanin of UND......apparently because of some arcane rule about being drafted in his third year of eligibility, he's a UFA this summer. Not familiar with this player other than he's the son of former NHL'er Craig Wolanin, and obviously a former team-mate of Boeser and Stecher.....6'1', 180, left=-shot d-man with some nice numbers in the NCAA....should the Canucks be interested?

The Hockey News has Wolanin as the Sens' 10th ranked prospect, for what that's worth.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Sat March 17

AHL

Utica 3 Belleville 4
Bachman 26 saves on 29 shots

Andrew Cherniwchan (5) ASST: Griffen Molino (7), Guillaume Brisebois (11)
Cam Darcy (6) ASST: Patrick Wiercioch (22), Dylan Blujus (10) (PP)
Andrew Cherniwchan (6) ASST: Jaime Sifers (4), Wacey Hamilton (10)

ECHL

Cincinnati 1 Kalamazoo 4
Moynihan 0 points, -1
Irving 1 goal (14th), +3 (selected 3rd star)
Stewart 1 assist, even
Garteig was the back-up

OHL

Windsor 4 Flint 2
DiPietro 24 saves on 26 shots

Sudbury 3 Barrie 10
Candella 1 assist, -3

Sarnia 4 Owen Sound 9
McKenzie 2 goals (21st, 22nd), +1 (selected 2nd star)
Gadjovich 2 assists, even (fought Kelton Hatcher)

WHL

Calgary 7 Edmonton 1
Stukel 2 goals (36th, 37th), +2

Vancouver 1 Kelowna 8
Lind 1 goal (39th), 1 assist, +2

S_C

Reactions: donut and lindgren

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
GameVisitor HomeDateTime
1Tri-Cities@KelownaThursday, March 227:05
2Tri-Cities@KelownaSaturday, March 247:05
3Kelowna@Tri-CitiesWednesday, March 287:05
4Kelowna@Tri-CitiesThursday, March 297:05
5 *Tri-Cities@KelownaSaturday, March 317:05
6 *Kelowna@Tri-CitiesSunday, April 15:05
7 *Tri-Cities@KelownaTuesday, April 37:05
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
* If necessary

Owen Sound Attack – 84PTS (38-22-3-5)
– will play London in 1st round OHL Playoffs

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Canucks are wanting to sign Stukel, yet pass on players like Bajkov and Halbgewachs.

What Stukel produced as an overager is quite terrible and luckily for Calgary they weren't competing or he would've been a waste of an OA slot.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
Canucks are wanting to sign Stukel, yet pass on players like Bajkov and Halbgewachs.

What Stukel produced as an overager is quite terrible and luckily for Calgary they weren't competing or he would've been a waste of an OA slot.

yep saw that earlier this week. hopefully nothing comes out it and damn that little Halbgewach guy, always blew me away with his name and his huge work engine .i wished i had more time to watch his games. fun kid to watch

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
yep saw that earlier this week. hopefully nothing comes out it and damn that little Halbgewach guy, always blew me away with his name and his huge work engine .i wished i had more time to watch his games. fun kid to watch

70 goals is absolutely nuts. He has 120 goals in 2 seasons.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Sun March 18

Europe Playoffs

Vaxjo 4 Brynas 1
Pettersson 0 points, even

AHL

Utica 3 Toronto 1
Demko 38 saves on 39 shots

Tanner MacMaster (1) ASST: Guillaume Brisebois (12), Michael Carcone (11)
Zack MacEwen (10) ASST: None
Patrick Wiercioch (9) ASST: Cam Darcy (18)

OHL

Saginaw 2 Windsor 3
DiPietro was the back-up

Sudbury 2 Oshawa 4
Candella 0 points, -2
Brassard did not play

WHL

Edmonton 7 Calgary 3
Stukel 1 assist, even (selected 2nd star)

S_C

Reactions: lindgren

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Thank god. The kid had no development for two years. We don't need more Cederholm and Stewart's in the organization.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
wait what? i read that as no to stuckel but will sign blah.....
teach me how to read that line....im confused now

Dhaliwal forgot to put the question mark at the end of the sentence: "will they sign 20 year old Sudbury D Cole Candella?"

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
wait what? i read that as no to stuckel but will sign blah.....
teach me how to read that line....im confused now

I think it's a question instead of a statement. "Will they sign Candella?" and the clear answer is that no, they should not.

2016 is a full on trash heap of a draft for us.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Also saw that Lockwood is going back for his Junior year, which is also the right call after suffering another major injury at the WJC.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Dhaliwal gets over excited trying to find stories and he just tweets everything that he hears. So he puts out a lot more news than the others but it's far less likely to amount to anything, even if his sources are credible. I used to enjoy that about him but lately he's been very sensationalist and honestly I think he goes too far in his questioning, he always harasses the management of teams Canucks prospects play on asking if they think the prospect will abandon their team to join us and then makes a story out of the coach defending their team and saying no and giving reasons why.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Dhaliwal gets over excited trying to find stories and he just tweets everything that he hears. So he puts out a lot more news than the others but it's far less likely to amount to anything, even if his sources are credible. I used to enjoy that about him but lately he's been very sensationalist and honestly I think he goes too far in his questioning, he always harasses the management of teams Canucks prospects play on asking if they think the prospect will abandon their team to join us and then makes a story out of the coach defending their team and saying no and giving reasons why.

I like a good chunk of his tweets and he's informative with stuff around the right times usually. I do agree that some stuff is a bit weird in how he asks GM's about their players.

He was extremely useful as a source last year in the time between the combine and draft(IMO) telling us who the Canucks invited to Vancouver for secondary interviews or who they interviewed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->