Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXXIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Didn't I read somewhere that Dahlen has an 'out-clause' in his Timra contract and could be in the AHL or the SHL by January?....would really like to see this kid in the AHL.....the sooner he adjusts to the smaller rink and the more physical play, the better.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Didn't I read somewhere that Dahlen has an 'out-clause' in his Timra contract and could be in the AHL or the SHL by January?....would really like to see this kid in the AHL.....the sooner he adjusts to the smaller rink and the more physical play, the better.
Yes, that is correct

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I'm curious to know hi do you know that Juolevi is sucking now, by looking the stats?

he's stat watching as usual, despite the reports being rather moderate, he's been ok but not great or bad and zero points.

for him, a successful prospect is lighting it up, but he gives very little recognition to our prospects that do light it up, he only cherry picks the struggling prospects for some for saken reason, he's also the same guy that went by the handle BuretoMogilny who people already know as the guy that pretends to be a Canuck fan but constantly has nothing positive but ALLLLLL negative comments.

so yes, he's probably stat watching and keeping the (Canucks screwed up their high picks) nice and fresh for other fans to slam on non stop. Like who the hell writes off 19 and 21 year old players. Look what happened when Mike MIlbury gave up on Luongo, Bertuzzi, Chara, McCabe too early.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Are you guys happy about Juolevi being sent to Finland or would you have preferred him to be with the London Knights?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Are you guys happy about Juolevi being sent to Finland or would you have preferred him to be with the London Knights?

I think Finland is better for us finding out whether his development has truly hit a wall or not. If he has a rough year then I think we can officially sound the alarms on him.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think Finland is better for us finding out whether his development has truly hit a wall or not. If he has a rough year then I think we can officially sound the alarms on him.
Have you thought of trading him...I mean you could sell the whole "high potential" thing....

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Have you thought of trading him...I mean you could sell the whole "high potential" thing....

Ya but the guy most likely to overpay for a stalled high draft pick is the GM of our team ...

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
he's stat watching as usual, despite the reports being rather moderate, he's been ok but not great or bad and zero points.

for him, a successful prospect is lighting it up, but he gives very little recognition to our prospects that do light it up, he only cherry picks the struggling prospects for some for saken reason, he's also the same guy that went by the handle BuretoMogilny who people already know as the guy that pretends to be a Canuck fan but constantly has nothing positive but ALLLLLL negative comments.

so yes, he's probably stat watching and keeping the (Canucks screwed up their high picks) nice and fresh for other fans to slam on non stop. Like who the hell writes off 19 and 21 year old players. Look what happened when Mike MIlbury gave up on Luongo, Bertuzzi, Chara, McCabe too early.

“Gadzooks, some devilish fiend besmirching a Canucks prospect. To the Lawrence-mobile!!”

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver

Juolevi staganted (at best) last year from his draft year and looked like a house league player in preseason this year. How does that not raise major alarm bells for you for a 5th overall pick?

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
He looked good in the first-round series against Windsor last season. But otherwise, our alleged Hampus Lindholm clone couldn't hold Lindholm's jockstrap right now. He's gone full Springfield Nuclear Power Plant softball team on us.

Last edited:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Juolevi staganted (at best) last year from his draft year and looked like a house league player in preseason this year. How does that not raise major alarm bells for you for a 5th overall pick?

The only alarm lawrence has is the one that goes off whenever someone post anything that doesn’t say that every Canuck prospect will be the best player in the league.

If you post about two different Canuck prospects in a row, it still goes off because that implies that you no longer think the previous one is the best player ever.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Haven't watched any of Gaudette this year, but he's over 2 P/G in the NCAA right now. Not only does this guy have the potential to be an NHL player, he has legitimate 1C potential. He's definitely a top prospect in the system and he might actually be the 2nd best one we have now that Boeser has graduated.

At this point I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a few games in April for us.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Haven't watched any of Gaudette this year, but he's over 2 P/G in the NCAA right now. Not only does this guy have the potential to be an NHL player, he has legitimate 1C potential. He's definitely a top prospect in the system and he might actually be the 2nd best one we have now that Boeser has graduated.

At this point I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a few games in April for us.

Yep. I’m much more reserved about our prospects than I used to be but I can’t deny his production in college is elite. And while it was just a glorified scrimmage, his speed, shot, and aggressiveness stood out to me at the Canucks prospect game in early July. I still want to see what he can do at the pro level before getting too excited but he is trending exactly how you want to see a prospect go. Easily the biggest tick mark on Benning’s paltry win pile so far.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
17 minutes for Juolevi tonight in a 3-6 win, played in the second pairing. Had +3 and made a nice passing play in the first goal ("third assist"). Otherwise didn't really stand out negatively or positively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->