The Prospect Thread II (McKay called up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
So in just over 300 AB in his minor league career Bo Bichette is hitting over .400 and he is young for the level he is playing at and doing it with power.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

Also, some first hand reporting on Yadier Alvarez's start last night:

Quick note on Yusniel Diaz:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
My fantasy team wants to know how he looks.

Murdered a ball to the deepest part of the park in the first AB. Wind pushed it down to the warning track. Drew two walks. One of them went 3-0 early, swung at a bat pitch, but otherwise showed good pitch recognition. Swing is still short and uncomplicated.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
The like 3 or 4 years they'll have Guerrero and Bichette on the left side of the infield are going to be fun.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
What (if any) are your thoughts on Bichette/Urena in terms of positions? McGuire vs. Pentecost?

Urena has a longer shelf life at SS, but Bichette has the pedigree and will move to 3B after. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Urena/Bichette/Guerrero shuffle.

Pentecost. McGuire is a backup type.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Urena has a longer shelf life at SS, but Bichette has the pedigree and will move to 3B after. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Urena/Bichette/Guerrero shuffle.

Pentecost. McGuire is a backup type.

OK, interesting. I guess the idea is that Vlad Jr. would eventually move off of 3B to OF or 1B? I've read that McGuire's glove is good but his bat hasn't come around yet. Pentecost I'm just wondering if injuries have railroaded him as a catcher. He's not ancient but he's no spring chicken either.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
OK, interesting. I guess the idea is that Vlad Jr. would eventually move off of 3B to OF or 1B? I've read that McGuire's glove is good but his bat hasn't come around yet. Pentecost I'm just wondering if injuries have railroaded him as a catcher. He's not ancient but he's no spring chicken either.

Yes, that's the idea.

It might have. I just don't see a ton of upside with McGuire at C, so it's an easier choice for me based on that.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Even at 18 Vladdy has that body that likely will be more suited for 1B down the road. A lot like Eddy.

Urena at SS, Bichette at 3B, Vladdy at 1B. Pentecost I had high hopes for when we drafted him but injuries have really cost him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->