The Prospect Thread II (McKay called up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Oh woah. That's major. Do we know what drug it was for?

Shades of Alex Reyes. If he gets a Tommy John soon, I'm onto something

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Oh woah. That's major. Do we know what drug it was for?

Shades of Alex Reyes. If he gets a Tommy John soon, I'm onto something
Nothing confirmed but rumors of Adderall. Potentially needed something to keep him awake while driving. But again all rumors but interesting because they knew this was coming and he/agent hired a lawyer to block the suspension but obviously they lost.

He immediately also took full responsibility and apologized to his family, friends, and the organization.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
I need to rank these prospects based on potential:

Delvin Perez
Kevin Newman
Daz Cameron
Cornelius Randolph
Lourdes Gurriel
Tyler Kolek
Dillon Tate
Reese McGuire
Max Pentecost

Which prospects from this list can become good MLB players?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I get 4th overall, 5th overall, 7th overall in a deep draft coming up. I know who's going top 3. Pitchers are very important in this league so take that into consideration (but also higher bust potential) and I have Turner (oh cmon I want him 2B eligible..) and Seager at SS.

Rank these 4 in order because my head hurts..

Mackenzie Gore
Royce Lewis
Fernando Tatis Jr
Brandon McKay

These are the guys I rank 4-7. But I'm so back and forth. I rank them incredibly close:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I get 4th overall, 5th overall, 7th overall in a deep draft coming up. I know who's going top 3. Pitchers are very important in this league so take that into consideration (but also higher bust potential) and I have Turner (oh cmon I want him 2B eligible..) and Seager at SS.

Mackenzie Gore
Royce Lewis
Fernando Tatis Jr
Brandon McKay

These are the guys I rank 4-7. But I'm so back and forth. I rank them incredibly close:

1. Lewis
2. Tatis Jr
3. Gore
4. McKay

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Mackenzie Gore
Royce Lewis
Fernando Tatis Jr
Brandon McKay

Tatis
Gore
Lewis
McKay

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I remember when tommy john type injuries were rare and 250+ innings pitched common. Now everyone wrecks their arms pitching 5-6 innings a start, if that.

It’s how they threw as kids. When you’re being taught to throw hard on the shoulder/arm/elbow/hand pitches at the earliest of ages, and as fast as you can to boot, it’s inevitable to get hurt. I also believe pitchers of yester year were more likely to play through an injury that would put you on the DL today.

Last edited:
Reactions: darko

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Bichette_Swing_med.gif

It's actually crazy how similar his swing is to Donaldson. Took a 97 mph heater on the inside half of the plate and ripped it for a no doubt opposite field home run.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I don’t know if the data matches up, but it seems like the babying of pitchers doesn’t really prevent injuries.

I’ve been thinking this for years. It seems like most experts on this subject tend to think it goes back to when they’re kids learning to pitch or the emphasis on throwing as hard as possible.

My own theory has to do with the strike zone. I hated the wide zone that guys like Glavine benefited from in the 90’s and early 2000’s but it probably saved some arms. When the zone is tight you have to throw hard within it. As a fan I like a tight zone but it might be better for the sport if they open it up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->