The Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Nikolaj Ehlers is quietly having a good season.

Since 2016
1 3/4 year there are 4 JETS in top 50 in scoring.

Wheeler at # 7
Schiefele #16 he dropped all the way from number 3. He was number 3 before but he missed a lot of games. But he is till clicking at more than 1 point a game. If he played all the games he would probably be top 10.

Laine is number #26

Ehlers are #41

McDavid is at number 1 followed by Kucherov and Crosby.

That is a lot of fire power :) in the JETS team :)

Goal scoring top 50 since 2016

Laine #1
Schiefele #22
Ehlers #30

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Although we have lost 3 in a row (1 of them in OT) and have a ton of injuries, we are still 7 points up on Minnesota and 10 points up on Colorado and Dallas. :thumbu:

:jets

yes we are cruising into 2nd in the division at this point so we just need to get healthy and be ready for when the outfits turn to white.

GJG

Reactions: Sabadecade

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
There is a lot of positives to take out of this year so far, even though we lost out last couple of games. The Jet's have come a long way since last year, hoping to scratch their way into a wild card playoff position.

1) Firstly they have a firm grip on second place, and will be positioned nicely for a playoff position--likely vs the Wild, or Dallas.

2) Most Important-- we have found a goaltender in Helle that is "the real deal" and could take us on a very deep run in the playoffs. You "must" have good goaltending to be successful in the NHL.

3) Ehlers and Laine are starting to slowly mature and will be at the top of the scoring race for years to come. Already at just 19 Laine is competing for the most goals this year. Imagine what he'll be doing in 4-5 years !!!

4) Scheiffle and Wheeler are often in the leagues top 10 in scoring, and they look like their getting stronger every year. Right now, we're missing Scheif quite badly-- but he will be back.

5) Our defensive core is very strong, and we have good scoring from the back end as well. It look like Chiarot could be a great # 6 D-man, if he keeps getting better.

Right now-- our team is badly battered with injuries to "key players"-- so when we lose--it's not really the Winnipeg Jets --in my mind. It's a patched up temporarily replacement team-- so don't get down if we drop a couple of games.

When we're healthy, and we will be again--we can beat the best teams in the NHL, and have proved it many times this year. So, keep the faith, as our regular players will slowly get back into the lineup at the perfect time for a playoff run--should be exciting.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm really looking forward to the challenge that the Kings are going to bring tonight. I think the guys will play great in front of Comrie and give him a chance to help us.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
27 home wins (tied for lead)

With 5 games remaining 30+ is not out of the question

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
My positive inputs for the day are as follows:

1. Saw one of the bands that got me into punk rock back in 1991 when I was 10 years old last night at the Garrick, Pennywise was a pleasure to finally see live!

2. Softball season at Little Mountain is just around the corner, teams already all signed up and Jerseys are being ordered.

3. I've never had as much fun watching NHL hockey as I have had this season, despite all the injuries this team deserves a strong playoff run, seriously love this team!

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
These injuries are very concerning. Oh crap, wrong thread. Nevermind.

These injuries are totally manageable with our depth. Go Jets Go!

Reactions: GNP

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Wow. Just wow.

This team just dummied 2 of the best Pacific Division teams (IMO) that are trying to fight for their playoff lives.

PoMo literally started his "4th" line against the ducks 1st in the 1st.

The Jets actually have a real checking line... But not the old school 3rd line kind that you throw out and pray they don't get scored on... I'm not sure I've ever seen a team this deep at Forward.

And to think we were all worried about where our secondary scoring would come from.

Packofwolves

Nov 5, 2017
Setting our own records.Don't want Thrashers name
around here. Although we can thank Atlanta for their team

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Whats that record again for most team goals for under 21 players ?
Jets are right on top i think.
Saw it somewhere...

They are referencing an Athletic article
Jets young players accomplish an unofficial -- and largely...

Note that Ehlers recently turned 22, but this is his age-21 season, as defined by Hockey-Reference.com.

Jets have 103 goals from Laine Ehlers Connor and Roslovic. Pittsburgh once had 100.

It's a weird arbitrary stat because Ehlers is now 22 but Murat Ates in his athletic article used Feb 1 as some sort of magical date for the cut off point and they are still counting goals after Ehlers birthday (feb14)

Reactions: Jetsfareast

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
How refreshing is it to have no idea how the lottery standings (AKA tank battle) are playing out. I haven't played the stupid lottery simulator one time this year :)

Reactions: Dayofthedogs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad