The Poker Thread

Jan 3, 2012
Anyone else here love to play/watch poker?

I'm not very good but I love play money on pokerstars even if it is low stakes. I play super tight and medium aggressive as play money is very wide open and people go deep with low pairs.

I love watching it as well. Big fan of Esfandiari, all the Canadians, Tony G (dick but oh well) and I liked Tom Dwan when he played.

Also I asked a mod about which forum to put this in and this was what was decided upon.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I like Esfandiari too.
I didn't even know Dwan disappeared from the scene and apparently went through hard times, even thoug it appears he bounced back now, in Macau. Never ever liked him though, great for online and cash games, terrible in tournaments, pretty much the opposite of Phil Ivey.

Up to two years ago I was following poker much more, nowadays I'm not that interested.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I feel like I'm the only person of HF....

Finland has a couple decent players...

No, you're not the only one and some time ago there was another poker thread also. There are other posters who follow and probably play poker online too but no idea where they are now.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I played a ton online prior to black friday :cry: ... mostly NLHE mtts and sngs. Badugi and 5card draw are my best games by far, but there's rarely any action (not popular).

I did pretty well for myself but the game was much softer back then. Lately I've had the craving for check raising.. I'll be hitting foxwoods up this weekend.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey, I play on Pokerstars. Just got back into it after a 3 year hiatus Not really good, mostly play just for fun on low sngs with some attempts at mtts thrown in.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I've been freerolling like a champ on Pokerstars recently

Cashed in one of their freeroll tournaments a few months ago and took home a cool 70 cents

Jumped in a 9 player, 50 cent S&G and cashed, then did it again, and again, and again

2 days ago my bankroll hit $50, so I decided to jump up in stakes to $1.50 and $3.50

And then just yesterday I was able to double my bankroll, so now I'm sitting on about $130

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I play a lot of fake money on pokerstars because i'm not 18 yet, plan on playing casual real money when im old enough. I play rather aggressively in cash games, conservatively in tournaments.

My favourite players would probably be Mike McDonald, Vanessa Selbst, Daniel Negreanu, Liv Boeree and Jason Mercier.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
The format they had for the World Series of Poker from 2003 to 2005 was at least watchable & entertaining. How they've done it in recent years has been really annoying, with this sort of, hop, skip, and a jump during the tournament, not showing how certain players made it to where they did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->