S. Pasadena, CA
tenor.gif

That was glorious.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Ronaldo definitely isn't better than Messi, LOL.

I hate Messi. I love Ronaldo. I'm as biased as can be, but real talk, Messi is clearly better.

With that said, I was as thrilled as anybody to see him come up short again.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Ronaldo definitely isn't better than Messi, LOL.

I hate Messi. I love Ronaldo. I'm as biased as can be, but real talk, Messi is clearly better.

With that said, I was as thrilled as anybody to see him come up short again.

You can't deny Ronaldo's accolades and will to win. Messi has played on better club and national teams and came up short. Messi is obviously the better all around player. He's like Crosby, playmaker and will make others around him better. It just doesn't translate in soccer. So hard to score, it's just better to have the best goal scorer.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Horrible display from Germany. I can't watch Muller play anymore. I have to deal with this with Bayern. He's brutal but nobody has the balls to bench him.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
You can't deny Ronaldo's accolades and will to win. Messi has played on better club and national teams and came up short. Messi is obviously the better all around player. He's like Crosby, playmaker and will make others around him better. It just doesn't translate in soccer. So hard to score, it's just better to have the best goal scorer.

Sorry, but no, it's not better to have the best goal scorer. If it were, then the best German player of all time would be Gerd Müller instead of Beckenbauer. Ronaldo is an outstanding finisher, perhaps the best finisher currently playing, but he contributes so little in the build up. The gap between Messi and Ronaldo as goal scorers is virtually nonexistent, but the gap between them in terms of the other facets of offensive play is much more significant. To say that what Messi does doesn't translate in football is really one of the most bizarre hot takes I've seen in a while. 9 times La Liga winner, 4 times Champions League winner, Olympic gold medal, 5 time Balon d'Or winner (+1 POTY before the Balon d'Or superceded it as the highest individual honor), 5 time Golden Shoe, etc. Yeah, totally doesn't translate. Please don't make me defend that little shit any more than I already have, this is painful.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This yr has been so wonky.

Iceland tying powerhouse Argentina
Brazil Choking
Denmark beating Peru
Italy not even making the tournament

Yeah. I only say Brazil choked because they DOMINATED the game and let in a header corner because the guy pushed off a defenseman (if he didn't push off I still don't see him missing that header).

Brazil had more shots than I think I ever seen in a futbol game. what, 20+?! Crazy.

Not to mention Neymar got molested every single time he touched the ball.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Yeah. I only say Brazil choked because they DOMINATED the game and let in a header corner because the guy pushed off a defenseman (if he didn't push off I still don't see him missing that header).

Brazil had more shots than I think I ever seen in a futbol game. what, 20+?! Crazy.

Not to mention Neymar got molested every single time he touched the ball.

Same way with the Peru Denmark game. I was at work only seen like the last 20/30 minutes.

But Peru had the ball the ENTIRE time.
I think overall it was 60/40 possesion and had like 18 - 10 shots.

Yet they lost all the same.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Same way with the Peru Denmark game. I was at work only seen like the last 20/30 minutes.

But Peru had the ball the ENTIRE time.
I think overall it was 60/40 possesion and had like 18 - 10 shots.

Yet they lost all the same.

Interesting. Tomorrow I have to watch my crew at Poland I hope they don't get whipped.

I love the world cup. I don't understand how people can say futbol is boring. Not only is it 45 minute of straight (NON COMMERCIAL) game it is followed by another 45 minute uninterrupted minutes.

People say futbol is boring yet let's compare it to american football. 40 seconds, catch the ball, run fall down. 40 second break. Run fall down. 40 second break.
I read an article there are over 100 commercials and an average game lasts 3 hours 15 minutes roughly and the ball is only in action for roughly 11 minute during the entire game.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Iran parking the bus big time. Pretty much the entire team is back in their own end. Only a matter of time before Spain scores and forces them forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->