OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: World Cup N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
It’s a rivalry like the Steelers and Browns are rivals. Steelers = Penn State, Browns = Pitt
Love this. A rivalry akin to the windshield (PSU) and the bug (Pitt).

Two words for you all my friends who are saying PSU hasn’t done much lately: James Franklin. The man is turning the program into a power, back to the blue blood ranks. The B1G Championship, Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl are just the beginning.

Our recruiting is elite. Pitt’s has been utter garbage.

And that Miami team was playing like **** with a bad QB. Trace will absolutely go off, you heard it here first.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
:laugh:

Shirley you can't be serious?

Penn State fans like that make me hope that they suck. Sure pure arrogance for a team that has had 2 good seasons after being mediocre for the decade or so before.

For as much as Penn State fans insist Pitt-Penn State isn't a rivalry, they sure seem to get their panties in a bunch to tell everyone how bad Pitt is, even though they lost to Pitt in 2016.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Penn State have been in a perfect position to take advantage of a weak Big Ten and they've failed miserably both times, once to Pitt and once to MSU. I guess I'd also be bitter if I were a Nitter.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Penn State have been in a perfect position to take advantage of a weak Big Ten and they've failed miserably both times, once to Pitt and once to MSU. I guess I'd also be bitter if I were a Nitter.
Nah I’m good. Weak Big Ten? Easily one of the best conferences in football last year, check the bowl record.

I mean likewise with Pitt fans, I can see ten years down the line what Penn State will have accomplished vs. Pitt. We’ll be talking big things, while they’ll be talking about that one win in 2016 that really didn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things. And no, it didn’t cost us the playoff. Michigan did. But now they suck.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
And no, it didn’t cost us the playoff. Michigan did. But now they suck.

Have you already forgotten that a member of the selection committee explicitly said the loss to Pitt is what cost them? Perhaps the same mental gymnastics that allow you to believe Trace McSorley is the best returning QB also allow you to block out that uncomfortable truth.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Nah I’m good. Weak Big Ten? Easily one of the best conferences in football last year, check the bowl record.

I mean likewise with Pitt fans, I can see ten years down the line what Penn State will have accomplished vs. Pitt. We’ll be talking big things, while they’ll be talking about that one win in 2016 that really didn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things. And no, it didn’t cost us the playoff. Michigan did. But now they suck.

Shea Patterson will have a better year than McSorley .

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Steelers sign ILB Matthew Thomas to a 3 year deal already. Dont usually see that with UDFA's this quick. Former 5 star recruit who had some issues off the field and injuries on it, leading to him not getting drafted. We didnt draft an ILB but may have struck gold here. He has the talent, and measurables(great combine).

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Shea Patterson will have a better year than McSorley .

Probably will be at least a dozen QBs who have a better year than McSorley. Look at someone like Tua Tagovailoa. Nobody outside of Alabama is hyping him up, but if he wins the starting job over Hurts (and he really should, Hurts is trash) then he'll easily be better than McSorley. That's just one example. There are guys like Kelly Bryant who had the unenviable task of succeeding Deshaun Watson. If he progresses from last year, he could easily be better. I could go on and on, but the point is that there are so many QBs who dwarf McSorley in terms of talent. He's pretty good for what he is, definitely gets the most out of limited talent, but between the guys who are already clearly better (ie, Drew Lock) and the guys who should be better with a normal growth curve, it's a long list.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Probably will be at least a dozen QBs who have a better year than McSorley. Look at someone like Tua Tagovailoa. Nobody outside of Alabama is hyping him up, but if he wins the starting job over Hurts (and he really should, Hurts is trash) then he'll easily be better than McSorley. That's just one example. There are guys like Kelly Bryant who had the unenviable task of succeeding Deshaun Watson. If he progresses from last year, he could easily be better. I could go on and on, but the point is that there are so many QBs who dwarf McSorley in terms of talent. He's pretty good for what he is, definitely gets the most out of limited talent, but between the guys who are already clearly better (ie, Drew Lock) and the guys who should be better with a normal growth curve, it's a long list.
I’m sure there will be QB’s who will rise, but don’t undervalue an experienced QB. And lol, there won’t be “a dozen” better than Trace this year. Maybe 3 or 4.

Also, I’m not sure if any of you Pitt fans have been paying attention as to just how badly Coach Franklin is cleaning your clocks in recruiting? 5th ranked 2018 Class vs. 46th. 6 2019 commits vs. 0. Zero!

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
This just in:

University with recent history of success has superior recruiting to other University which has struggled in recent years.

Couldn't care less about Pitt or PSU but the animosity in this thread over 2 teams in different conferences is silly.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I’m sure there will be QB’s who will rise, but don’t undervalue an experienced QB. And lol, there won’t be “a dozen” better than Trace this year. Maybe 3 or 4.

Also, I’m not sure if any of you Pitt fans have been paying attention as to just how badly Coach Franklin is cleaning your clocks in recruiting? 5th ranked 2018 Class vs. 46th. 6 2019 commits vs. 0. Zero!

A dozen is a conservative estimate. Every defense you played focused on shutting down Barkley and McSorley's flaws were still exposed regularly because he simply isn't very good. Sorry.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
This just in:

University with recent history of success has superior recruiting to other University which has struggled in recent years.

Couldn't care less about Pitt or PSU but the animosity in this thread over 2 teams in different conferences is silly.
Alright, where’s the Ohio State fans? That’s a program closer to our level. Look forward to more good games with them (and their return to Happy Valley this year).

There’s a section of PSU fans as well I go back and forth with that don’t think McSorley is very good either. I say we just sit back and wait til September, then we’ll start talking again. This year will tell us a lot. And I believe it’ll go in his favor.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

Listen, when you have Lamar Jackson being an NFL star QB I have to question your judgement on anything related to QB's......and I loathe PSU btw.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Kendricks certainly has the raw athleticism to duplicate a lot of what Shazier did, but he's been really poor the past couple of seasons and the Eagles fans that I trust say his coverage skills are nonexistent. Would definitely inquire, but I don't think he's the guy you want to get into a bidding war over.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Kendricks would be a slight upgrade but then what do you do with Bostic? I hear he's injury prone as well.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Kendricks would be a slight upgrade but then what do you do with Bostic? I hear he's injury prone as well.
Bostic can sub. We’re so thin at ILB we’re talking about playing rookie safeties in that position. So an injury to either of our starters means we’re in deep shit. The more the merrier IMO.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Bostic can sub. We’re so thin at ILB we’re talking about playing rookie safeties in that position. So an injury to either of our starters means we’re in deep ****. The more the merrier IMO.

Are we really that thin? Matakevich, Fort, Bostic, Matthews, and talks of Edmunds being a hybrid.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Are we really that thin? Matakevich, Fort, Bostic, Matthews, and talks of Edmunds being a hybrid.

There isn't a single 3 down linebacker in that group. Edmunds and Allen can both play in a front 7, but they aren't linebackers. Matakevich and Fort haven't proven to be more than special teamers. That group is very thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad