OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: World Cup N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
LMAO, it'd be such a Pitt move to take one step forward (firing Stallings) and immediately leap back two (hiring Gray or Knight).

This is the program that wouldn't even give Buzz Williams an interview when he was interested in the job, but they'll save a coach about to get fired from an inferior program (Stallings) and seriously consider a guy with no NCAA experience (Gray) or a guy who isn't even a good assistant (Knight) for the vacant coaching spot. The jokes write themselves.

Bryan Rust

Bryan Rust is my waifu
Mar 3, 2018
I'm not quite sure what thread this belongs in but I went to my local gun range and was wearing my Brian Dumoulin shirt. One of the employees there saw my shirt and was telling me how her daughter goes to school in Pittsburgh and dates Guentzel lol

Reactions: Kip Drordy

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I'm not quite sure what thread this belongs in but I went to my local gun range and was wearing my Brian Dumoulin shirt. One of the employees there saw my shirt and was telling me how her daughter goes to school in Pittsburgh and dates Guentzel lol

Then you go to the grocery store and meet another woman who tells you the same thing. Jake the rake.

Reactions: Bryan Rust

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
This is one of those rare appropriate times to give one of those God guides us and controls everything and he's so good and none of this could have happened without him speaches.

Also. f*** Mike Mitchell

Reactions: TNT87

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
It astounds me how many people at Behind The Steel Curtain defend Mitchell. He f***ing sucks.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Yeah never get full value. Look at the marcus peters trade..guy is the best corner in football

Peters is a total headcase, that's why the Chiefs received so little for him. I loved him coming out of college and he's been outstanding in the NFL, but they had no leverage because they weren't going to keep him and every other team was well aware of his character.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
There has been so many trades this offseason in the NFL. I like all the action.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
So the Browns brought in Tyrod Taylor to presumably play a bridge/mentor role for whoever they draft. I can't tell if they made a mistake or just telegraphed that they're looking to trade down and draft Mayfield or Jackson.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah never get full value. Look at the marcus peters trade..guy is the best corner in football
I feel like, according to NFL logic, we could only get like a 2nd for Bell.
Yet we could trade Big Ben for like 5 1st rd picks.

I mean... someone help me. Jarvis Landry is 25. Always gets 1000+ yards. Playing on a garbage team. Who wouldn't trade 2 low picks for the guy?

ALSO friggen hilarious the Browns are already getting rid of Kizer.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I feel like, according to NFL logic, we could only get like a 2nd for Bell.
Yet we could trade Big Ben for like 5 1st rd picks.

I mean... someone help me. Jarvis Landry is 25. Always gets 1000+ yards. Playing on a garbage team. Who wouldn't trade 2 low picks for the guy?

ALSO friggen hilarious the Browns are already getting rid of Kizer.
Quarterback graveyard. Never stops being funny to me. :laugh:

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

He's a slot receiver set to make $16 million. Yeah, he's a very good slot receiver, but I'd imagine more teams than not wouldn't want him at that price point.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Browns sign Hubbard to a 5 year 37.5 mil deal.

Our backup lineman keep getting paid.

Says alot about our drafting/development when it comes to lineman. Now if we can just do the same with linebackers

Complete opposite of the old days btw. Always found linebackers out of nowhere, now we are drafting first round busts. And couldnt find oline in the draft back then, but now getting guys in the later rounds who end up getting paid somewhere else.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Just saw that packers cut Jordy Nelson...meaning he will be on the Patriots in a few days of course.
I'm not so sure. He's had lots of injuries. They have a kid that plays somewhat the same and is younger. Theyre good at making slot recievers.

Wont miss Mitchel.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
even releasing three of their players left them with very little cap room. I'd love for them to get Tyrann Mathieu but usually the Steelers don't try that hard in getting impact free agents (mostly because they can't due to cap room).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad