OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: World Cup N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
OnMyOwn said:
n a riot, your job turns to crowd control and always having a “buddy” so you don’t get overwhelmed. Staying in formation, etc. It’s a completely different scenario than day to day patrol. So, yes, it is part of my job. We don’t get worked up about arresting every ******* that throws something. That’s all I was saying. It’s spray people, push them out of downtown, protect yourself.

What's the protocol on rioters eating horse shit and cops being run over with four wheelers?

I can't even believe I just typed out that sentence...

Philly is a disgrace.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Hate seeing Philly win anything but the result was definitely the lesser of two evils.

The catch rules have to be revisited. I have no idea what is or isn't a catch anymore.

I can't believe Philly pulled this off with a backup QB. I thought they were done when Wentz went down. Doug Pederson is a hell of a coach.

Reactions: KIRK

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
My suggested strategy to cleaning up Philadelphia today.
bastards.gif

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Hate seeing Philly win anything but the result was definitely the lesser of two evils.

The catch rules have to be revisited. I have no idea what is or isn't a catch anymore.

I can't believe Philly pulled this off with a backup QB. I thought they were done when Wentz went down. Doug Pederson is a hell of a coach.

It really puts into focus how average Mike Tomlin has been for the Steelers. This year was their best shot to win it all. New England had a terrible defense this year and the rest of the AFC was a joke.

I will also throw Colbert some heavy shade for going into the season with terrible ILB depth. ILB is one of the easiest positions in football to find a multitude of athletes. How the Steelers looked at their reserves and decided that they were good enough in case of injury is beyond a rational thought. Beyond Shazier, they didn't have one comparable athlete on the roster at ILB. If you defense is predicated on one ILB running sideline to sideline, then you better have an athletic fast back up.

I still think what sums up the Steelers current state is that they fired their OC when their defense gave up 45 points in a HOME playoff game in January to a FLORIDA team with a very limited offense.

I will go on record right now, PIN IT please, that next season the Steelers will be the biggest disappointment in the NFL struggling to win 8 games.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
It really puts into focus how average Mike Tomlin has been for the Steelers. This year was their best shot to win it all. New England had a terrible defense this year and the rest of the AFC was a joke.

I will also throw Colbert some heavy shade for going into the season with terrible ILB depth. ILB is one of the easiest positions in football to find a multitude of athletes. How the Steelers looked at their reserves and decided that they were good enough in case of injury is beyond a rational thought. Beyond Shazier, they didn't have one comparable athlete on the roster at ILB. If you defense is predicated on one ILB running sideline to sideline, then you better have an athletic fast back up.

I still think what sums up the Steelers current state is that they fired their OC when their defense gave up 45 points in a HOME playoff game in January to a FLORIDA team with a very limited offense.

I will go on record right now, PIN IT please, that next season the Steelers will be the biggest disappointment in the NFL struggling to win 8 games.
Steelers D only gave up 38 points, Ben gave up 7 on his fumble.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Nah, you are just being overly negative because Tomlin isn't a good coach.

There is way too much talent for the Steelers to not win at least ten games. Come playoff time, I have zero faith Tomlin won't don what Tomlin does.

Hopefully they don't re-up Bell, because that's a contract they will regret sooner rather than later. I also firmly believe they have to change the culture in that room, and he's a big part of the issue.

You simply don't need dominant RBs in the modern NFL. I can't even remember the last team with a great RB to win the SB, maybe Lynch, and that's really it in the last dozen years or more.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Nah, you are just being overly negative because Tomlin isn't a good coach.

There is way too much talent for the Steelers to not win at least ten games. Come playoff time, I have zero faith Tomlin won't don what Tomlin does.

Hopefully they don't re-up Bell, because that's a contract they will regret sooner rather than later. I also firmly believe they have to change the culture in that room, and he's a big part of the issue.

You simply don't need dominant RBs in the modern NFL. I can't even remember the last team with a great RB to win the SB, maybe Lynch, and that's really it in the last dozen years or more.

I don't think it's going to be a talent issue. I have seen this too many times in my life where a team underachieves one year, doesn't make the needed changes and folds like a tent the following year. I hope I'm wrong.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I don't think it's going to be a talent issue. I have seen this too many times in my life where a team underachieves one year, doesn't make the needed changes and folds like a tent the following year. I hope I'm wrong.

They blew it last year and came back and made second seed this season, so I wouldn't worry about the regular season. That really isn't where my concern is... it's that tricky postseason when coaching kind of matters as much as talent...

Reactions: KIRK

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Embarrassing human beings over there, but it's not all of them. I never understood damaging things to celebrate. Just celebrate. Have fun. Drink, party, uber home. Destroy things? No way.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Embarrassing human beings over there, but it's not all of them. I never understood damaging things to celebrate. Just celebrate. Have fun. Drink, party, uber home. Destroy things? No way.

It's not all of them obviously, but it's a whole lot of them....

Look at just the last couple of weeks... i.e. how they treated Vikings fans and how they are acting now.

The city has earned their trash reputation honestly over the years.

Philly is a cesspool and as as much as I don't have much love for Pittsburgh, at least this place is respectful of other fans and most importantly, our city.

Reactions: Kip Drordy and KIRK

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Pfft, you call that a sports riot?

HwoCgOk.jpg

I guess Philly winning is the lesser of two evils. Plus, Harrison doesn't get a ring. That's a win.

Reactions: TNT87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad