OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Something Something Hilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
He looks bulkier and a slightly slower this year. As a consequence, he's not getting the separation he did before getting suspended. Ben's play hasn't helped either. Just more distraction in this weird season of distractions.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He looks bulkier and a slightly slower this year. As a consequence, he's not getting the separation he did before getting suspended. Ben's play hasn't helped either. Just more distraction in this weird season of distractions.

That's my take on him too. Wonder why he did all that bulking?

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
That's my take on him too. Wonder why he did all that bulking?

I think Steelers wanted him to be stronger getting off the line. Or maybe he just had an extended case of the munchies.

Edit: Exhibit A in the need to have a stud QB in the NFL. Broncs have a great defense. And Trevor Semian at QB. Who throws a few picks and gets hurt, and they bring in . . . . Brock Osweiler. But at least they sloughed off his salary to the Browns. Who are in the running again for a top QB in the draft.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I think Steelers wanted him to be stronger getting off the line. Or maybe he just had an extended case of the munchies.

Edit: Exhibit A in the need to have a stud QB in the NFL. Broncs have a great defense. And Trevor Semian at QB. Who throws a few picks and gets hurt, and they bring in . . . . Brock Osweiler. But at least they sloughed off his salary to the Browns. Who are in the running again for a top QB in the draft.

And they won’t draft the right one. :laugh:

As for pothead Bryant, he seems too dumb to realize how lucky he is to be playing in the NFL at all.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Well, they should tell him to slim down again. The only place he needs to get stronger is in the brain....

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Bryant seems so emotionally fragile that if he didn't get what he wanted he could sabotage his own play. Or just start smoking again.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
The dude got suspended for a year due to smoking weed and now he's demanding a trade 6 games into the next season? That's hilarious.

As much as I am a fan of the logo, this year's team is becoming increasingly unlikeable. Undisciplined play, me-first mentality & selfish players. I think back to the '05 & '08 Super Bowl teams & think how far the franchise has fallen...

Reactions: TNT87

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Big Ben sucked again today.

We just can't get our passing game firing on all cylinders.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Big Ben sucked again today.

We just can't get our passing game firing on all cylinders.
He wasn't the greatest and that TD could've been a pick, but to say he "sucked"... gonna have to disagree there.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Did he actually request a trade or did a lazy reporter (the same one who erroneously claimed that Ben requested a trade in 2013) simply make that report up based on Martavis' chickenhead girlfriend's snapchat? :thinking:

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Anyone else notice that Mike Mitchell wasn't even happy that the Steelers got the stop on 4th and 10 at the end of the game? He seemed more pissed that they missed the INT. The guy has 0 clue how the game works.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
DMQhEdWU8AYDrnz.jpg:large

Thanks Martavis!

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Has the guy completed a pass over 20 yards downfield all year?
5/7 on deep passes against the Chiefs today.

And otherwise yes he has. Believe it or not, he completed a long downfield throw to AB in the beginning of that Jags debacle last week.

I get it though, lots of the deep passes have been fails this year. I'd like to see more crossing routes, slants and what not to the likes of JJSS and Jesse.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I know it’s easy to say that the Steelers should’ve done this or done that or whatever. But they just went on the road in a very hostile environment and, despite what the final score ended up being, mostly dominated the league’s last undefeated team. Sure they had their flaws (AB’s punt gaffe, penalties, etc.), but that’s a really impressive win and performance. Just once, though, you’d like to see them string together a few of those instead of instantly thinking “well, they’ll probably follow that up with an egg against Cincinnati.”

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Just once, though, you’d like to see them string together a few of those instead of instantly thinking “well, they’ll probably follow that up with an egg against Cincinnati.”
They did last year. But that was down the stretch at the end of the season, where they had already dug themselves too big of a hole to get a first round bye and barely even won the division to begin with.

Luckily the Packers game should be a lot easier now without Rodgers. But there’s still a fair share of tough games left on the schedule, not to mention sometimes you just don’t know what to expect every week. I feel they’re a 10 or 11 win team, and that likely wouldn’t cut it for a bye.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Too many egos in one lockerroom. Wouldn't shed a tear if Bryant goes. Would make a point to trade him to a bottom team as well, like the Giants - who coincidentally need receivers.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Zero reason to trade Bryant. He's not going to return you much of value and he still has ridiculous talent. Narrowly missed on some deep throws this year and its still just 6 weeks in after he missed an entire season of football. Everything isn't going to come flying back right away. Now is not the time to throw away talent like that. Anyone notice that Brown is on pace for another monster year after he sort of took a step back last year sans Martavis (at least for AB standards)? Bryant's presence is a big part of that. Teams still respect that deep threat and overall ability.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Too many egos in one lockerroom. Wouldn't shed a tear if Bryant goes. Would make a point to trade him to a bottom team as well, like the Giants - who coincidentally need receivers.

Giants couldn't really offer any value in return. It's okay to have guys with egos (see Harrison, Porter), but what kills a team is a guy with an ego & a me-first attitude.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not having another sideshow is reason enough to trade Bryant, regardless of return.. Bryant is just not a good enough player to justify being a repeated distraction.

Hell, we shipped off Blount for less.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Martavis Bryant was a poor man's Randy Moss when he wasn't suspended for weed. He was that long and that fast. And that talent didn't suddenly vanish. I think he probably added a little to much muscle but he's already roasted multiple DB's this year, although hasn't connected on more than one that I can remember. Has drawn a few PI calls as well. He was never going to come in and dominate right off the bat, after being away from football for a year. Give the dude some time. Big Ben has also been trash for much of the season, so let's not put all this on MB either.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I just don't think the value is there when it comes to trading Bryant. He hasn't produced this season and he's a major risk to get suspended for drugs. Teams aren't going to offer much for that. I'd just keep him around knowing that he is a big play threat and eventually Big Ben will start connecting with him again on some of the deep shots. They've missed on a quite a few this year.

Nice to see the Steelers bounce back against KC. There's still something missing though. Even games where they dominate play (Ravens, Chiefs etc.) it isn't translating into many points.

Reactions: TNT87

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Zero reason to trade Bryant. He's not going to return you much of value and he still has ridiculous talent. Narrowly missed on some deep throws this year and its still just 6 weeks in after he missed an entire season of football. Everything isn't going to come flying back right away. Now is not the time to throw away talent like that. Anyone notice that Brown is on pace for another monster year after he sort of took a step back last year sans Martavis (at least for AB standards)? Bryant's presence is a big part of that. Teams still respect that deep threat and overall ability.

This is correct. Martavis is under contract until 2018. There's zero evidence that he's causing a distraction and the origin of the report is an unreliable journalist. It'd be completely asinine to trade Martavis, particularly when his value is most likely at its lowest point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad