The Pittsburgh Penguins Appreciation Thread

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Always a bummer to lose, especially to the Caps, but gotta respect what they've done these past 2 seasons. Everyone outside of Dumo, Schultz, Sid, and Guentzel went cold at the worst possible time. Injuries , fatigue, etc. Credit to the Caps though. They played a solid 6 games.

Good news is they'll be back next year.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
giphy.gif

Bryan Rust

Bryan Rust is my waifu
Mar 3, 2018
Favorite memories of the past three years?

Mine:

1) Bonino it goal game 6 vs Caps
2) Kunitz game 7 OT goal
3) Crosby's pep talk before the OT face off vs the Sharks, right before Sheary scored.
4) Top shelf over Vasi in OT
5) MAF game 7 in DC

1. Watching them win back to back game 6 with my dad
2. Telling my dad that Kunitz scored in 2ot (he was in the bathroom)
3. Sheary ot goal in game 2. I wore a pens jersey to my sister's graduation that day, I probably looked like an ass but I didn't care
4. Bonino ot goal against the caps
5. Game 6 against the Sharks. I was too young in 09 to really appreciate it. During the Bylsma years I was starting to wonder if Crosby & company would win it again.
HM. Fehr's goal in game 4 against the Sharks. Too bad they couldn't win it in Pittsburgh the next game
HM. Rust's goals against Tampa and the first goal against the Sharks

Oh man what a run. From trading for Hagelin (I'm a Michigan fan) to that one game against the Oilers where they were down 3-1 or something and they came back and Sheary had the late game winner. I remember that game vividly cause I had Dairy Queen that day and I stayed up really late watching Star Trek and the election results lol. These past two years have given me great memories. I was very very sick, to the point where I could hardly move, last June. I laid on the couch for about a month and just watched that game 6 against Nashville over and over. Winning the Stanley Cup got boring after a while believe it or not lol.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
2016 game 6 in San Jose is my favourite moment since 2009. Next shift after the Sharks tied it up Letang went into god mode Crosby jumped on a loose puck and make the perfect pass to Letang. Rest is history.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
This is the stuff sporting dreams are made of and just because we had to wake sometime doesn't make it untrue.

Here's to living the dream again next year.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
My favorite was after game 6 v Nashville was over. My daughter, 1 month shy of her 2nd birthday, whom I had already put to bed, starts calling out from under her bedroom door, "Bo (go) Pens? Bo Pens?" No way a 23 month old kid could know what was going on, and I had the volume all the way down. She just somehow sensed it. Then, when the crowd was booing Bettman, she holds 1 finger up to her lips and goes "shhhhh....don't cry babies"

Damn near best moment of my life.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
For the 1st time in 3 years,we’ll get to watch a SCF which doesn’t include our team...

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
They'll be back refreshed and recharged next season. We still have a good window here for a few more runs at it. Maybe we'll end up like those 70's Steelers teams and take a 1-2 year hiatus before winning a couple more.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Great run. Not as upset as I imagined I would be. Nowhere near as distraught as '93. There's still a window.

Oh, and Go Vegas.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I think the reactions show a pretty stark difference in quality of franchises.

While we're shrugging off the loss and paying appreciation for our team, Washington can barely contain themselves after FINALLY beating us. If you didn't know the context and just watched the interview you'd think Ovechkin won the Stanley Cup, Super Bowl, World Series, and World Cup all at once, not moved on to the 3rd round.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Amazing run. Reading this thread I’m reminded of so many amazing moments. This team the last few years has been special. I went and saw them play in Anaheim during the Mike Johnston era and it was the most boring hockey I’ve ever seen. A couple months later they were the most unstoppable force I’ve ever seen.

Horny’a cup winner last year was just pure elation. I was one of a few people at a bar in LA watching and just let out the greatest cry of joy.

Back to Back is something I’ll never forget

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The best part of this run was 6am this morning. My youngest (10 years old, obsessive Pens fan) came downstairs, I said, "the Penguins lost..."

He stared at me, "oh, well, that's okay, they won two in a row"

Yep. Least devastated I've ever been about any elimination ever.

MDR

Jun 8, 2013
Midlands, England
What a run! It has been awesome to watch these since the start of their run. You local fans are so privileged to watch these Penguins, I would kill to watch a team this good near me (I'd also say that about any NHL team but these Penguins in particular).

Let's go again next year!

icon6668

Jul 22, 2012
one hell of a run, gotta take a step back and look at how lucky us the fans are.
When me and my buddy started following Hockey, Pens were the suck and the Avs were the big dogs.

Avs have had zero success since then and we've been riding the gravy train. Have to appreciate what we've got before it's gone.

The lads have played close to 300 game or more in the past 3 seasons, its gotta take it's toll.

They'll be back! But hoepfully Letang isn't hahaha

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Franchise looked like it was dead in the water and then boom, back-to-back to make all the previous 5 years of disappointment, injuries and drama go away. Looking forward to next year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Franchise looked like it was dead in the water and then boom, back-to-back to make all the previous 5 years of disappointment, injuries and drama go away. Looking forward to next year.

It really is amazing how 2016 and 2017 turned Sid and Geno's legacy from a "If only ..." scenario into an emphatic exclamation on their amazing careers.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
2016 seems lost in the ECF after we fell down 3-2 to Tampa. Same thing in 2017 in 2OT game-7 vs. Ottawa. It's unbelievable that everything went so well to bring us 2 Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->