The Pens play the Caps tonight, and I barely care

gac3378

Nov 15, 2013
Pittsburgh
Everyone calm down. Yes the team is not where anyone involved in the organization or fan base wants it to be, but for anyone to question Mario and his intentions with this team???? Seriously guys, if it was not for Mario there would not be a team in this city. We all act like we are coaches and general managers and if given the chance to be actually be one, we would be the chosen one to fix the team and win the cup. We have been spoiled with superstars, great seasons, championships, and many other things with the penguins. I get the frustration but as a fan who started to watch in the late 80s and haven't slowed down one bit, I get more upset with our "fans" than I do anything else. If the solution was as easy as everyone makes it out to be, then every GM of every team would do it and no one would win the cup. Please, everyone calm down, come here to talk about the team. Give good input, discuss ideas, but don't ever question Mario or this organizations want to win. No true fan who really knew and understand this team ever would.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Mario keeping the team from moving a decade ago has no bearing whatsoever on the direction the team has taken since the back to back Cup runs.

We're all grateful for his role in keeping the team in Pittsburgh, but that doesn't absolve him of his role as an owner of a failing NHL team, and the fact that he's allowed it to go on for more than half a decade.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Everyone calm down. Yes the team is not where anyone involved in the organization or fan base wants it to be, but for anyone to question Mario and his intentions with this team???? Seriously guys, if it was not for Mario there would not be a team in this city. We all act like we are coaches and general managers and if given the chance to be actually be one, we would be the chosen one to fix the team and win the cup. We have been spoiled with superstars, great seasons, championships, and many other things with the penguins. I get the frustration but as a fan who started to watch in the late 80s and haven't slowed down one bit, I get more upset with our "fans" than I do anything else. If the solution was as easy as everyone makes it out to be, then every GM of every team would do it and no one would win the cup. Please, everyone calm down, come here to talk about the team. Give good input, discuss ideas, but don't ever question Mario or this organizations want to win. No true fan who really knew and understand this team ever would.

Uh oh, here comes another underused account to give us what-for.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Like the OP, I'm older than most on here. The Pens haven't given us much hope over the last year, and the prospect of them making few or no significant changes is very real.

The Pens and Caps are playing tonight and I do care, even though the above things are true. I'll be here as a fan after the current management, coach and roster players leave.

I do reserve the right to turn the game off if the players continue to display little gumption while on the ice. I'll hope for the next game, that's all I can do.

I really like this post and think it's a great way to think. I'll never be done being a fan, but I definitely reserve the right to shut the tv off if their poor effort is consistent.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It takes time when you practically do a clean sweep.

The games are fun to watch, but only if you stay away from the overzealous downers.

I actually liked the way the game played out. I do however don't know how many poundings from bigger teams they can take. *fingers crossed*

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I don't set aside time to watch the games like I used to, but I definitely keep the scoreboard up on my phone and check in to HF for instant reaction.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Mario keeping the team from moving a decade ago has no bearing whatsoever on the direction the team has taken since the back to back Cup runs.

We're all grateful for his role in keeping the team in Pittsburgh, but that doesn't absolve him of his role as an owner of a failing NHL team, and the fact that he's allowed it to go on for more than half a decade.

Said it much better than I did. Forever grateful, but currently disappointed.

Erz8771

Aug 2, 2007
T.Bay
I live a few hours outside of Thunder Bay Ontario. For those of you who dont know where that is its ridiculously far away from any nhl city. But since 2006 I have made it a point to go to atleast 1 Pens game a season. Whether it be in Toronto,Ottawa,Winnipeg or Minneapolis. But the way this team has been the last few years I cant see myself making a trip this season. And that really hurts to say.

Last edited:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I still care but the team has grown stale. They play a boring style and have a cast of stale veterans around Sid and Geno (Kunitz and Scuds in particular). Things would seem less stale if they rid themselves of the two I mentioned and went a little younger in those spots but ridding yourself of those two contracts is easier said than done I guess.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I live a few hours outside of Thunder Bay Ontario. For those of you who dont know where that is its ridiculously far away from any nhl city. But since 2006 I have made it a point to go to atleast 1 Pens game a season. Whether it be in Toronto,Ottawa,Winnipeg or Minneapolis. But the way this team has been the last few years I cant see myself making a trip this season. And that really hurts to say.

You could have just said its where Jordan Staal is from. :laugh:

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I literally fell asleep during the first and second period because it was so dull.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad