The owners negotiating team

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersFan10*

What I don't understand is why is it that it is always the same people on the owners negotiating team? I would love to see Bobby Clarke get into the NHL/NHLPA Collective Bargaining sessions. I could just imagine the vulgarities exchanged between him, Goodenow and Saskin. I'd make for entertaining and help the dullness pass during the lockout......

I.am.ca

I'd pay to see Clarke go ape on Goodenow. That'd be paperview worthy, i'd pay 4.95 for that.

FlyersFan10*

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Clarkie would have some good quotes for Goodenow and friends. It's like when Don Cherry warned Eric Lindros not to mess with Bobby. Don (this was on CBC and I remember it as clear as a bell): "Eric, I have known Bobby Clarke for years and I've always like Bobby Clarke as a player and as an executive. But let me tell you something. There is no man who is more ruthless than Bobby and if he has a grudge, he will bury you and not think twice about. Eric, my words of advice for you is do not bullrush this man because he will give you the horns and not think twice about it. He was ruthless as a player and he's ruthless as an executive. Do not get on this man." How could the owners not go in with someone like Clarke on the negotiating comittee. I'd say that it's time for a change on the comittee and that Lemieux, Gretz, and Clarke all get involved. All former players, all who get along with the NHLPA and all who knows what it will take to get a deal done to fix things.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
I.am.ca said:
I'd pay to see Clarke go ape on Goodenow. That'd be paperview worthy, i'd pay 4.95 for that.
Goodenow would wipe the floor with Clarkie. When Goodenow was a corporate lawyer with Unisys, he stared down the Teamsters without so much as flinching.

Beware the Goodenow.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
I'd like to see Gretzky or Lemiuex do it, they are respected by the other players more so then current players.

they could be trusted by the Players while both being in ownership for small market teams could support the owners side.

on the other hand Bob Clarke breaking Goodenows ankle works too.

YellHockey*

I'd rather see Trevor Linden beat the bs out of Gary Bettman.

But Linden is to classy a guy to do that.

But I bet a guy like Tie Domi would have no qualms about making Bettman squeal like the pig he is.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Bicycle Repairman said:
Goodenow would wipe the floor with Clarkie. When Goodenow was a corporate lawyer with Unisys, he stared down the Teamsters without so much as flinching.

Beware the Goodenow.
Didn't know you were in the courtroom Sparky. " We can take'em Bob !! can't we ?!! can't we?!! yeah we can take'em!!"

Wetcoaster

kmad said:
I'd like to see Brian Burke unleash on Goodenow. He could do it.

Burke and Goodenow were partners as agents.

On the last CBA go round Burke was one of the chief negotiators for the NHL. Look how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->