The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I have Kentucky losing in the Title game so UVA didn't hurt me as bad as some other brackets.

damn. Im about as big a UK nut job as we have around here and I didn't have them getting out of the first weekend. I just don't see another unexpected run like when the made the final as an 8. Too inconsistent. I think without Vanderbilt they probably lose to Buffalo today

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
damn. Im about as big a UK nut job as we have around here and I didn't have them getting out of the first weekend. I just don't see another unexpected run like when the made the final as an 8. Too inconsistent. I think without Vanderbilt they probably lose to Buffalo today

Well I also have only watched one Basketball game in the last 10 years, so...

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Haha wow... kudos for making a bracket in that case

Well there's always a few rules to follow anyway, so most people who know that can fill out half a bracket with no knowledge. Pick your champion and work backwards, always pick at least one 12 over a 5, never take a 16 (oops), etc. From there the rest can be deduced by records, picking random teams, going with the best logo, etc since there's so much luck involved. $10 buy in to win $500 in a pool of casual fans, seems like a low risk bet, it's worth filling it out blind and essentially playing the lottery.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Well there's always a few rules to follow anyway, so most people who know that can fill out half a bracket with no knowledge. Pick your champion and work backwards, always pick at least one 12 over a 5, never take a 16 (oops), etc. From there the rest can be deduced by records, picking random teams, going with the best logo, etc since there's so much luck involved. $10 buy in to win $500 in a pool of casual fans, seems like a low risk bet, it's worth filling it out blind and essentially playing the lottery.
There was a sports talk show in San Diego that I used to listen to every morning and I'm not sure how I remember these specifics but as a show they filled out a bracket. Their system was that they would pick all 1-4 seeds to advance in the first round, but for all others they would flip a coin. If it was heads, the higher seed would advance. If it was tails, the lower seed would advance. (They did this for all games starting in the second round). So they use this method all throughout the tournament and after all the coins were flipped they ended with UConn beating Butler in the championship. UConn beat Butler in the championship.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

The 5/12 thing crapped out this year too, both to my relief(UK) and dismay(Murray St)

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Also starting to look like a Kentucky/Tennessee rematch isn’t going to happen. Tennessee’s offense is woefully inconsistent.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
UT forced up some video game style bad jumpers throughout that game but shit happens. Sometimes the underdog just has it going.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I may be only person in the world who thinks that last out of bounds ball was out on Loyola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->