The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Cause they would get out right smoked and it would be an embarrassment. The only fair way of doing it though would make the playoffs long and invite every single conference champ.

Right, but you don't know until the game is played. At least giving every team a path to a title is fair, even if it never happens, you could still say that it's possible.

I will say though, being a fan of a team in a smaller conference really gives you more perspective on what is a good season. When winning a division or conference and getting a bowl bid is the goal, it makes the season more enjoyable than if the only goal is to win a national championship.

That's why I'm more relaxed about rooting for UT as a secondary team. I'm happy if they could compete for first in the SEC East and play in a fairly prestigious bowl. Whereas the majority of UT fans have very unrealistic expectations.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I love that. ^

I've seen a few attempts to include the Grizzlies in the mix but proximity is going to make that tougher to do.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I wonder how many cities have been able to create a legitimate and successful bond between their NFL and NHL teams.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I think Cinci could have just beaten out Nashville by getting their stadium approval done. Gonna be a nailbiter now.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I love that. ^

I've seen a few attempts to include the Grizzlies in the mix but proximity is going to make that tougher to do.

Memphis won't accept it. Memphis people hate Nashville and the Titans.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Cincy probably deserves it, and with Columbus leaving (I assume), it's a natural replacement. I've been under the impression for a long time now that Sacramento will get one, and it seems to still be the case. It'll definitely be tough to get into this now that Cincinnati is viable, but the commissioner seems to have a thing for Nashville so who really knows? We basically did all we could do.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Changing my vote. It will be Sacramento and Nashville.

There are currently 11 teams in each conference. Miami is getting a team and LA is getting a second team. So, for the simplest division balance you add 1 west and 1 east team.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
And of course nothing can ever just get done in Nashville. The idiotic "Save the Fairgrounds" lawsuit might just give Cincy the edge.
Maybe true, but at the same time, it appears Barry only knows how to continue to spend other people's money (often times foolishly). Nothing against those who are for the stadium/team itself, but I believe the funds could be better spent within the city to fix other issues, first & foremost. Just my $0.02.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Okay, so I hadn't really looked into things much beyond this thread. But now I learned that MLS is planning to expand by four teams, awarding two this year and then another two next year.

Knowing that, it seems like Nashville is a guarantee even if we're not in the first group.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Okay, so I hadn't really looked into things much beyond this thread. But now I learned that MLS is planning to expand by four teams, awarding two this year and then another two next year.

Knowing that, it seems like Nashville is a guarantee even if we're not in the first group.

So they're planning to go to 28? Miami and LA are already getting teams in addition to the 2 cities chosen from Nashville, Cincinnati, Sacramento and Detroit.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
So they're planning to go to 28? Miami and LA are already getting teams in addition to the 2 cities chosen from Nashville, Cincinnati, Sacramento and Detroit.
Those teams were announced a couple years ago. They're awarding 4 final teams. Nashville, Cincy, Sac and Detroit are the finalists right now for the first two. To the best of my knowledge, the two that get left out this time probably have a leg up for the final two spots but all other cities still have time to get their act together after their original plans fell apart and put competing proposals on the table if they want (San Diego, St. Louis, etc.)

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Cincinatti likely only has a shot if certain people hadn't already made up their minds. Given how late they arrived at the 'we have a stadium plan!' party it might still be good for Nashville.

Plus, who wants to go to Cincy? :)

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
So Jeremy Pruitt to coach the Volunteers. I don't know too much about him, but his resume looks good and I think it could end up being a great hire. I know initially they wanted someone with head coaching experience, but this might end up being a better hire than any of the other candidates that passed on the job.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
So Jeremy Pruitt to coach the Volunteers. I don't know too much about him, but his resume looks good and I think it could end up being a great hire. I know initially they wanted someone with head coaching experience, but this might end up being a better hire than any of the other candidates that passed on the job.
taking from us and he is Alabama alumni. at least it's over. Hugh freeze for OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->