OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Can we get some moderation under these new forums? That amount of useless/duplicate threads is ridiculous. Either that or bring back ignore thread.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Right on! This thread's turning into an all out bitch thread!!

Where's my pizza? We come to your new House with presents of posts and quips.....and we don't even get a simple offering of a token piece of Pizza?

:huh:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Can we get some moderation under these new forums? That amount of useless/duplicate threads is ridiculous. Either that or bring back ignore thread.

Right on! This thread's turning into an all out ***** thread!!

Where's my pizza? We come to your new House with presents of posts and quips.....and we don't even get a simple offering of a token piece of Pizza?

:huh:

I think the only way to ignore a thread is to put the OP of the thread on your ignore list. There's one thread I can't see unless I click on the link at the bottom of the HFOil home page to show ignored content.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I think the only way to ignore a thread is to put the OP of the thread on your ignore list. There's one thread I can't see unless I click on the link at the bottom of the HFOil home page to show ignored content.

I'm not one to put threads or posters on ignore, but thanks for the info. I'm sure a few people can use that.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Originally posted this in today's pregame thread but I'm dropping it here as well since it is more relevant to the HF discussion here.

Yep. The board is polluted with constant negativity (some of it warranted) so I'm sure that some posters just don't want to deal with it anymore. Don't really think the World Series is a factor in driving hockey fans away.

Quoted for truth. Should be bolded and flashing different colours and have bells going off.

It's not just that some people are negative, because that's as valid a position as 'they'll turn it around', it's the constant overload of people practically yelling the same crap as they did an hour before, and the hour before that. Page after page, day after day. Not a pleasent experience and it takes a certain kind of person to willingly subject themselves to that.

HFOIL is called a discussion board, except what little actual discussion goes on is all but lost in the noise.

/rant

This board needs a winning streak as much as the team does.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah.. I would love an ignore thread feature... I just got sucked into the Hall/Larsson thread *sigh*

Its like HP Lovecraft in there. A demented portal of twisted time and space that despoils memory and recollection and can just lead to madness.. Run while you can...;)

This is meant as a humorous post.

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
There's a TMZ video showing that Halliday was doing stunts with the plane and it seems like he was doing a nosedive that he didn't pull up from in time (using the plane to waterskim). Scary thing, that was edited out, was that they found Roy's body among the wreckage.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There's a TMZ video showing that Halliday was doing stunts with the plane and it seems like he was doing a nosedive that he didn't pull up from in time (using the plane to waterskim). Scary thing, that was edited out, was that they found Roy's body among the wreckage.

I wouldn't assume it was stunting. Theres been previous accidents with this model and including recently the lead design engineer being killed piloting one. Its a unique design, its an ultralite, so also uniquely susceptible to wind conditions, updrafts etc. I believe its also single prop.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
I wouldn't assume it was stunting. Theres been previous accidents with this model and including recently the lead design engineer being killed piloting one. Its a unique design, its an ultralite, so also uniquely susceptible to wind conditions, updrafts etc. I believe its also single prop.

The eyewitness reports were repeatedly going from skimming to 100 feet to skimming... whatever went wrong it sounds like he was at the edge of the envelope. Really no different than someone buying a Ferrari and something going wrong at the edge of the envelope. It's sad that the outcome was fatal but he went out having fun living his dream.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So Sonic seems to be promoting a Star Wars night, but aren't allowed to say Star Wars.

I guess it's just not Katz and Molson not allowing people to use their products

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm a little confused on Russia in the Olympics when it comes to hockey.

There is talk that they can put a team in called OAR (Olympic athlete from Russia).

My question is if they aren't actually a country how exactly did they qualify for the tourney?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm a little confused on Russia in the Olympics when it comes to hockey.

There is talk that they can put a team in called OAR (Olympic athlete from Russia).

My question is if they aren't actually a country how exactly did they qualify for the tourney?

They should just call themselves team Pepsi and get exclusive marketing rights.

Kind of joking. but after the NHL's tournament over a year ago with such National clubs as "Team Europe" and "Team under 24" basically anything goes. In the Olympics anything goes if its bought and paid for. The Russians will be sure to bring money and will do whatever they like.

The Olympics is a present day fiasco. Economically and otherwise. The NHL might be right to distance from it. Its sad what the Olympics have become but they jumped the shark a long time ago.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Has anyone receive phishing emails with their usernames here? This is the only site I use this profile name and I had an 'invoice' sent to me from a California company based out of Consort, AB. I obviously deleted the email but I'd like to know how someone ended up with my info.

Also, the new 'Prefix bar'? Barf.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
At first I thought my browser's broken or NoScript messed up. Now after looking through this thread it seems like it's supposed to be like this.. Why?

We're working on it :laugh:

Via a blocker you can kill it by adding this as an element hiding rule in the interim:
hfboards.mandatory.com##.discussionListFilters.prefixFilterBlock.sectionMain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad