OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Tap your profile thing in the top right, select "personal details" and it's "custom title"

Thanks, but from what I'm seeing there is no "Custom Title" listed anywhere under the personal details or anywhere else I could find. I've looked all over for it. Does one have to be a member a certain time before some of these options show up?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Thanks, but from what I'm seeing there is no "Custom Title" listed anywhere under the personal details or anywhere else I could find. I've looked all over for it. Does one have to be a member a certain time before some of these options show up?

It's there. I just changed mine that way. Maybe you're right and you need to have been here longer.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines

It's personal details right under change your avatar.

You may be right though about being a new member, I remember there was a couple things like that, it was tied to post count though, check again after you have 50 posts.

(The 50 number is just a guess btw)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Is it me or has this site been slower than f*** for the last week or so? There are certain threads that I can't even scroll down with my mouse wheel without a 3 - 5 second lag. Probably has to do with the site introducing all these ads back into the fray.

You guys working on that little issue?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Is there an issue with multi-quoting? I cant seem to get it to work.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Is it me or has this site been slower than **** for the last week or so? There are certain threads that I can't even scroll down with my mouse wheel without a 3 - 5 second lag. Probably has to do with the site introducing all these ads back into the fray.

For me this issue has been the site straight up freezing. To the point where I have to close the tab or the browser entirely just to get it working again.

Is there an issue with multi-quoting? I cant seem to get it to work.
Just tried it and there seems to be a problem. I multi-quoted one other and yours.

Seems to be working ok today.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
not going to mock bad weather threads any more

I am on the coast and the hotel I am in is getting hit hard right now

http://news.sky.com/story/live-hurricane-ophelia-roars-towards-british-isles-11083461

I am in Holyhead and we are getting hit hard

I can only imagine getting hit by a storm like that. Even the U.S. National Hurricane Center showing the track of Ophelia as a tropical storm as it hit Ireland and the U.K.. Rare that it even shows a storm going that far east without really dissipating.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Is it me or has this site been slower than **** for the last week or so? There are certain threads that I can't even scroll down with my mouse wheel without a 3 - 5 second lag. Probably has to do with the site introducing all these ads back into the fray.

I get this too. Seems like a memory leak or something (guess that would actually be the browsers fault, but triggered by something this site is doing). I check my task manager and I can get a gig+ (just looked now and it's 3 gigs, lol) of ram tied up with the hfboards tab (in chrome). Forum also melts my older laptop with CPU usage.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
The site barely works for me in Chrome. Loads in tablet size, have to hit f12 to go to developer, then resizes when I exit. Pages randomly just don't load. Some Ads load and totally are unscaled to the point of having Chrome crash.
So far it has been awful

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The site barely works for me in Chrome. Loads in tablet size, have to hit f12 to go to developer, then resizes when I exit. Pages randomly just don't load. Some Ads load and totally are unscaled to the point of having Chrome crash.
So far it has been awful

I'd recommend making sure your Chrome is updated.

It works perfectly on Chrome for me.

Go to Settings > About Chrome and it should let you know what version you have(and auto update to the newest if you don't have it).

Reactions: McChiaricolson

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Just tried it and there seems to be a problem. I multi-quoted one other and yours.

Just tried it myself and it only pastes the last quote. Perhaps its a user error? I am hitting the Quote option (minus sign comes up) and then I am hitting Reply on the 2nd quote.

No worky.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Just tried it myself and it only pastes the last quote. Perhaps its a user error? I am hitting the Quote option (minus sign comes up) and then I am hitting Reply on the 2nd quote.

No worky.

That's how you do it.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I'd recommend making sure your Chrome is updated.

It works perfectly on Chrome for me.

Go to Settings > About Chrome and it should let you know what version you have(and auto update to the newest if you don't have it).
Nope, all up to date but still bungled:
2xrWMUQ.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-28_8-52-38.png
    upload_2017-10-28_8-52-38.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 2

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I've been having this same issue

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I get this too. Seems like a memory leak or something (guess that would actually be the browsers fault, but triggered by something this site is doing). I check my task manager and I can get a gig+ (just looked now and it's 3 gigs, lol) of ram tied up with the hfboards tab (in chrome). Forum also melts my older laptop with CPU usage.

Yeah, the new design has some pretty obvious memory issues. The site is practically unusable after being open for a few hours in a tab (sometimes sooner). I've been on the site a LOT less because of it. This is something that the designers REALLY need to look into.

I've been on these boards for 14 years now, and this is BY FAR the worst design as far as performance goes. Which is too bad, because I like the design changes and posting options quite a bit actually.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yeah, the new design has some pretty obvious memory issues. The site is practically unusable after being open for a few hours in a tab (sometimes sooner). I've been on the site a LOT less because of it. This is something that the designers REALLY need to look into.

I've been on these boards for 14 years now, and this is BY FAR the worst design as far as performance goes. Which is too bad, because I like the design changes and posting options quite a bit actually.

I am finding the same thing and I am using Firefox. This site has become a major resource hog.

I hope that gets looked into at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad