OT: THE OT Thread: Grass mowing szn is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Speaking of employment, my older spawn has moved on to his third job of the last 10 months - working as a short order cook at a local eatery with his best friend in the kitchen. His previous corporate gig as a grocery store clerk was not to his liking and he still has his lacrosse coaching thing kicking around though he's less into it right now than he was last year. There is a local HS that is looking for a HC and I jokingly told him he should apply which resulted in the litany of why he shouldn't do it from him to me. *shrug*

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It will be interesting to see if he comes over today and if he mentions the two interviews.

Sometimes I wonder if children assume that adults don't speak to one another.

Granted, I actively spend time not talking to my ex so... yeah. :biglaugh:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Speaking of employment, my older spawn has moved on to his third job of the last 10 months - working as a short order cook at a local eatery with his best friend in the kitchen. His previous corporate gig as a grocery store clerk was not to his liking and he still has his lacrosse coaching thing kicking around though he's less into it right now than he was last year. There is a local HS that is looking for a HC and I jokingly told him he should apply which resulted in the litany of why he shouldn't do it from him to me. *shrug*
My youngest has been a pain about getting a job.

First it was not being 16. Now it is waiting to get his drivers license. But, he got into an accident the Friday before Easter and has not wanted to drive since. Kind of hard to pass a driver's test anytime soon at this rate...

Sometimes I wonder if children assume that adults don't speak to one another.

Granted, I actively spend time not talking to my ex so... yeah. :biglaugh:
I got the info about the interviews from my dad.

He texted me yesterday and asked if Nate needed help getting a job. I texted back that Nate doesn't really want to talk about it to me, but he could ask. My dad texted him, found out, and shared the info with me.

There were some texts on the topic in the three-way group text between me, my wife, and my ex-wife (baby momma) about getting him a job, too.

My ex isn't great at communicating. But, it is more about her personality than anything.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My youngest has been a pain about getting a job.

First it was not being 16. Now it is waiting to get his drivers license. But, he got into an accident the Friday before Easter and has not wanted to drive since. Kind of hard to pass a driver's test anytime soon at this rate...

My youngest is in that cycle - not the accident, just hasn't done the work to get her license. She put in the time but she does not like practicing with either of her parents. :biglaugh:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My youngest is in that cycle - not the accident, just hasn't done the work to get her license. She put in the time but she does not like practicing with either of her parents. :biglaugh:
Yeah and now I'm scared to take Myles out driving. Both from the safety of our vehicles POV and not wanting to mentally scar him, as well.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

There were some texts on the topic in the three-way group text between me, my wife, and my ex-wife (baby momma) about getting him a job, too.

My ex isn't great at communicating. But, it is more about her personality than anything.

More power to you for having a group chat with the three of you.

Reactions: Jim Bob

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

My oldest turned 16 2 months ago and has negative interest in learning how to drive. I can't blame them, though, because I was the exact same way. I still hate to drive.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My oldest turned 16 2 months ago and has negative interest in learning how to drive. I can't blame them, though, because I was the exact same way. I still hate to drive.

I couldn't wait - then again I lived in the middle of f***ing nowhere and needed a vehicle to get to anything remotely close to anywhere. Mine both get around were we live now on public transportation - taught the eldest so he could get to his collegiate classes, the younger one picked it up from both the older and me - and the younger one now has a slew of friends and an older sibling with their own vehicles. She hasn't felt the pinch of it.

I had a cousin who lived near me growing up who waited into his 30's to get his license. Everyone is different.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wanted to learn to drive, but my mom was the worst to teach me and her car was brutal, as well. It was a Toyota Tercel EZ with a stick and an accelerator that had no tension to it whatsoever.

My dad was way more patient and had more new driver friendly vehicles and I eventually got my license in the summer between my sophomore and junior years of college.

I love to drive and wish I had a vehicle with a manual transmission. But, my wife never learned how to drive a stick, so...

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I couldn't wait - then again I lived in the middle of f***ing nowhere and needed a vehicle to get to anything remotely close to anywhere. Mine both get around were we live now on public transportation - taught the eldest so he could get to his collegiate classes, the younger one picked it up from both the older and me - and the younger one now has a slew of friends and an older sibling with their own vehicles. She hasn't felt the pinch of it.

I had a cousin who lived near me growing up who waited into his 30's to get his license. Everyone is different.
My neice didnt get her license til her mid 30s, she had always lived and worked in Buffalo proper so she just walked, used cabs or relied on others.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
My daughter is going to get her license this summer and she is not happy about it. She knows that it means extra responsibility. She’ll have to go do the random running around instead of being a hermit in her room. I tried to point out that she won’t have to do that for 8-12 months after she gets it (you can’t drive alone with a learner’s permit and at least one person has to be fully licensed in the vehicle), but she was having none of that.

Reactions: Digable5

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
347025520_771835487676681_59622974654431949_n.jpg

346976466_1185210155430803_850488128270877764_n.jpg

347022843_254405030438819_7476967844547596540_n.jpg

This save sequence from Nate's Sixes tournament a week ago was so good. Sixes is not goalie-friendly. But, he made a lot of saves and had fun.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Been a weird kinda week for me. My good friend who lives in BC that I've known since grade 9 has cancer. She has stage 4 brain cancer and it's her 2nd bout with it. She's definitely fighting tooth and nail.

I saved some guys life last night. I was outside my apartment complex having a smoke & he came up to me, tears in his eyes & started apologizing for all the things he did in his life. I didn't know him. Sat with him for a good hour, he said his plan was after the conversation to walk infront of a semi. I've never seen someone that low before. I asked him if he needed a hug and gave him one. I could feel how, like, empty and finished he was. Definitely could tell he was defeated. He was walking barefoot down the street so I asked if he wanted a pair of old shoes I had. He declined. Called an ambulance and they took him to a hospital in the city.

The 20th of this month is the 3rd year anniversary of my good buddy who passed away suddenly after a long battle with alcoholism and drug addiction.

to end on a good note.. There's a cat who has been visiting outside my complex the last week that looks like he's an outdoor guy. I've been sharing tuna with him & he's been cuddling me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad