USA
Chad Billins

Switzerland:
No Jorel Van Whoever
No Damien Brunner

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Sorry, but without NHL players, I probably won't even watch. It's a shame, because ice hockey was the lynchpin that got me to watch the Winter Olympics to begin with, but it is what it is.

Go Datsyuk, I guess, but it's not on my radar anymore.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So what are the rosters anyway? I’ll think about watching if there’s anyone of note for both Canada or USA.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
So what are the rosters anyway? I’ll think about watching if there’s anyone of note for both Canada or USA.
USA is a bunch of scrubs.
Canada has a bunch of meh players and players who might have been good.
Russia is stacked.
Sweden has a nice roster (for not having any current NHL players)
Finland is meh, but better than USA.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
USA is a bunch of scrubs.
Canada has a bunch of meh players and players who might have been good.
Russia is stacked.
Sweden has a nice roster (for not having any current NHL players)
Finland is meh, but better than USA.
the best world players are in NHL , everybody equal, don't forget 1980 when USA were meh compare to others , but they wan

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Sorry, but without NHL players, I probably won't even watch. It's a shame, because ice hockey was the lynchpin that got me to watch the Winter Olympics to begin with, but it is what it is.

Go Datsyuk, I guess, but it's not on my radar anymore.

The time zone difference makes it even less appealing.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I still remember a few Olympics before the NHL started sending people, and I enjoyed it more. I have 8 months of NHL hockey to watch NHLers.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I still remember a few Olympics before the NHL started sending people, and I enjoyed it more. I have 8 months of NHL hockey to watch NHLers.
That's cool; you're perfectly entitled to that opinion. But what I loved about NHL players at the Olympics was that it was essentially an extended version of what an All Star game SHOULD be: elite talent, playing with high intensity, in a condensed format. (And on a large surface, to further shift the balance away from physical play and towards puck possession.)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I mean there’s a chance but it probably won’t happen.

Russia is stacked.

That is still Russia's B squad. I get that they are sending more prominent players, but stacked isn't the word for that bunch of players.

How many players make that team if the NHL is allowing players to go? Probably five or six, so this is still a seriously downgraded Russian squad.

The back-end is pretty suspect as is the foot speed in all honesty. They should win, but they are far from the machine of glory years past. They will have some tight games for sure in my opinion.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That is still Russia's B squad. I get that they are sending more prominent players, but stacked isn't the word for that bunch of players.

How many players make that team if the NHL is allowing players to go? Probably five or six, so this is still a seriously downgraded Russian squad.

The back-end is pretty suspect as is the foot speed in all honesty. They should win, but they are far from the machine of glory years past. They will have some tight games for sure in my opinion.

They are stacked compared to the other rosters. Which is all that matters. Sweden or someone else can win. Doesn’t matter if Czech Republic wins. The fact is the Russians are stacked compared to other countries

Honestly looking at the rosters. It looks like just datsyuk would make them stacked

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
They are stacked compared to the other rosters. Which is all that matters. Sweden or someone else can win. Doesn’t matter if Czech Republic wins. The fact is the Russians are stacked compared to other countries

Honestly looking at the rosters. It looks like just datsyuk would make them stacked

Datsyuk and Kovalchuk are old men on a huge ice surface.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Datsyuk and Kovalchuk are old men on a huge ice surface.

What’s your point? Datsyuk is still a second liner in the nhl if not a first. Kovalchuk would still be able to score. They’re playing against people that can’t make the nhl not much different

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad