The Official Tank Thread III

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
That's fine but our draft history of late has more to do with position than ability, rather than both as you are suggesting.

See that's not what i am saying

I have taken position right out of it by excluding all draft high picks from a position we didn't hold (top 15) and based it on the evidence from the position we did hold

Either Holland and his team can or they can't find elite talent after pick 15, and over the last 20 years the evidence proves they cant because they haven't, so why or how could anybody believe starting NOW they can?

Yes they can find Tatars and Nyquists but so can just about everybody with the same consistency

I am inclined to say, let's see what he can do drafting in the top 10 for the next few years and that's where my position comes from.

Last edited:

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
That's fine but our draft history of late has more to do with position than ability, rather than both as you are suggesting.

We all know we need elite talent, few of us think KH is infallible, some of us understand his position and can differentiate whether or not a different gm would be asked to do what he is doing, and some of us are totally against anything and everything KH does. But we all agree we need elite talent on this roster, especially at center and defense.

I'm the type that will roll with the inevitable punches because I know Holland isn't going anywhere for now. I will subjectively take context of moves into consideration and complain accordingly, but I am generally not over the top grabbing pitchforks because I'm not much of a fan of yelling at clouds.

I'm less of a KH supporter than I was a year ago, but I still understand why he is GM.

The problem is that KH is trying to spare parts his way back into the playoffs. This means two things: That Detroit has very little cap space and Detroit drafts lower. This leads to three results: Decreasing odds of drafting elite talent, inability to pay top talent on the market, and no resources to trade for top talent. Detroit's model is necessarily counter productive in both the short and long term, and if KH can't see that than he shouldn't be a GM at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad