The Official Tank Thread / Draft Lottery Thread

Where to the habs end up in the standings?

• Total voters

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
And Rielly, and Audette, and Verbeek.

And let's not forget, when you hear the name Shae Weber.
What?

Audette was a first overall in the Q. I don't believe we picked him because of his dad. Hayden is Pat's nephew, and Bergevin never played with him (Martin Lapointe did though). I don't really like the signing but I guess they saw something in him to just pick him like that, doesn't have much to do with the name.

And Reilly isn't spelled the same way as Morgan Rielly. It's also a quite popular irish name... Again no correlation.

Bergevin is an idiot, but the family names have no correlation whatsoever.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I heard after Marcel Dionne retired, the Kings management was caught on tape saying "**** that loser and his 700 goals" because he never won a cup.
This isn't basketball, a hockey team is more than one player, that's on them to build a winning roster, not on that f***ing loser Dionne and his 700 goals

Edit: or Gretzky, guess they didn't need that loser to still not win a cup

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
What?

Audette was a first overall in the Q. I don't believe we picked him because of his dad. Hayden is Pat's nephew, and Bergevin never played with him (Martin Lapointe did though). I don't really like the signing but I guess they saw something in him to just pick him like that, doesn't have much to do with the name.

And Reilly isn't spelled the same way as Morgan Rielly. It's also a quite popular irish name... Again no correlation.

Bergevin is an idiot, but the family names have no correlation whatsoever.

Dude i was just messing around.

Although it's funny how most people catch on to the Morgan Reilly thing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
A bit late but here it is...we all already know what it looks like

Standings (as of April 9th)

------OddsTeamGPPtsGames Remaining
267.5%Vancouver8273
278.5%Detroit8273
289.5%Montreal8271
2911.5%Arizona8270
3013.5%Ottawa8267
3118%Buffalo8262
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
For our chances at a top 3 pick : NHL Lottery Simulator - NHL Draft Odds
I ran that stupid simulator on tankathon and in the first three tries we picked 6th twice and 7th once. Only on the fourth try did we get 3rd.

Damn lottery.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
After a rough season it is a bluk offseason, then it's the draft lottery soon. But I sense bad luck and bergevin and staff are enough of great suffer. But through out couple years at the draft lottery we nearly hit a Franchise Centre Matthews, it was 1 ball away from lottery win and Toronto wins by getting the lucky ball 13, not only we traded our prospect Sergechev (which we would have left D with Weber) but my hopes are high for this draft lottery, we may have gotten good players through out 1990-2004 05 and it's been rough for the habs since. What are your closes POV of draft lotteries? I'd like to hear your thoughts, make my offseason habs feel better and regretful times (lol)

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I remember when the Pens lost the Ovechkin lottery, was the end of the world.

Imagine getting stuck with Malkin?

I know it`s rare that there are two players of that level available to be drafted but that`s the draft. Alot of 18 year olds are hyped beyond their potential and other good prospects may not have hit stride as of yet.

Edmonton is the poster for the lottery not being the end all, it still takes sage visionary décisions when you pick, wherever that is.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Edmonton is the poster for the lottery not being the end all, it still takes sage visionary décisions when you pick, wherever that is.
Which is why I have no faith in the Habs, even if they wind up with the 1st overall pick. This bunch will find a way to outsmart themselves and select the next Doug Wickenheiser.

Reactions: groovejuice

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Which is why I have no faith in the Habs, even if they wind up with the 1st overall pick. This bunch will find a way to outsmart themselves and select the next Doug Wickenheiser.
It would be interesting to see all teams lists after a draft and compare them over time. I would imagine there are alot of heated arguments that go into those lists.

Wickenheiser would have been the top pick of a bunch of teams from memory. I remember Guy Lafleur saying there was no pressure on him when he was drafted, he was only expected to replace Jean Beliveau (as if anyone ever could). When Wickenheiser was drafted, he was expected to replace Lafleur eventually. That`s a heck of a piano to get tied to anyone`s back.

I think alot of kids benefit from getting drafted into relative obscurity and are allowed to develop at their pace.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
If we win the lottery our idiot GM will probably trade him for Jonathan Toews or something.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
One of the things that is most impressive to me about Hughes, is that he clearly is viewed as a go-to guy by his teammates. They know he's special and want to get him the puck. For that to be the case of a pre draft freshman in the NCAA is incredibly telling.

I will be ecstatic if we draft Hughes and with no centres where we’re picking I feel like it’s a definite possibility. :nod:

Really excited for this offseason. All that cap space pretty much guarantees a big UFA signing or two and even if it’s not Tavares, Kane, Perron, Neal. Really good offensive options out there. And everyone’s saying we need a number 2 but Chicago didn’t really have a true in winning a few cups. Danault could be very serviceable in that slot of surrounded properly. And there’s poehling too. He’ll be coming along soon enough

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I will be ecstatic if we draft Hughes and with no centres where we’re picking I feel like it’s a definite possibility. :nod:

Really excited for this offseason. All that cap space pretty much guarantees a big UFA signing or two and even if it’s not Tavares, Kane, Perron, Neal. Really good offensive options out there. And everyone’s saying we need a number 2 but Chicago didn’t really have a true in winning a few cups. Danault could be very serviceable in that slot of surrounded properly. And there’s poehling too. He’ll be coming along soon enough
But Chicago had a #1, we don't have a 1 or 2 C.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Disagree about UFAs this offseason. JT is obvious, but the rest are just complimentary pieces. Pieces we need, sure, but not if we don’t fix our center situation and left defence. Carlson is a right shot, as is Green.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

eloel. Look at all dem big name UFAs we acquired last summer with all da cap we had.

Besides, the only reason we should be going for UFAs would be to flip them at the TDL a few months later. Not too worried about not getting a blue chip centre this draft, we're bound to suck ass next year.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
eloel. Look at all dem big name UFAs we acquired last summer with all da cap we had.

Besides, the only reason we should be going for UFAs would be to flip them at the TDL a few months later. Not too worried about not getting a blue chip centre this draft, we're bound to suck ass next year.

Poo-Poo for Jack Hughes?

Need a good catch phrase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad