The Official Tank Thread / Draft Lottery Thread

Where to the habs end up in the standings?

• Total voters

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I didn't think we would end up 4th :)

too bad we got the last win against the shitty shitty redwings.....

Oh well, Better then expected :thumbu::thumbu:

Dont let people tell you that being pessimistic is a bad thing. I expected we would finish 6th last, and instead we are 4th. Therefore I am not disappointed with your standings.... pessimism pays off!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
So we have the 35th and the 38th selection in the 2nd with Edmonton passing Chicago. Not bad.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
We finished 28th overall while going 11-1 against Detroit, Ottawa and Buffalo am i right? If we would have went 7-5 instead we finish dead last.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If the draft order doesn’t change, I don’t see Ottawa choosing a forward with Karlsson’s situation hanging over them. So I see us ending up with Zadina or Svechnikov.

I can totally see Ottawa picking Boqvist if they dont pick top 2.
Basically, Karlssons replacement.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I can totally see Ottawa picking Boqvist if they dont pick top 2.
Basically, Karlssons replacement.

Exactly. Even if they do pick top 2 I can see them trading down to 4 or just taking a defenseman second.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
The win against Detroit wasn't ideal (it was predictable let's be honest) it's really those loser points against playoff and top teams that hurt us. Preds, Tampa twice, Jets etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs100

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Exactly. Even if they do pick top 2 I can see them trading down to 4 or just taking a defenseman second.
would be so sweet if we won one of the top 3 picks.

30% chance. Finger's crossed for exactly 3 weeks from now.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
If we get BTFO in the draft lottery I'm hoping we draft a defenceman. Dobson, Boqvist, Hughes, in that order.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
The hate for Tkachuk is ridiculous.

Anyway, i'm happy we out tank Wings and Vancouver at least. It looked unlikely in the last couple of days.

Now, let's just hope thah we don't fall 5-6-7.

We deserved our 4th pick.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The hate for Tkachuk is ridiculous.

Anyway, i'm happy we out tank Wings and Vancouver at least. It looked unlikely in the last couple of days.

Now, let's just hope thah we don't fall 5-6-7.

We deserved our 4th pick.

The ''hate'' for Tkachuk happens because there are MUCH better players available. Or at least, much better POTENTIAL available than him. The number of goals scored is scary, he is one of the oldest player in the draft. He has that ambiguity in the position he couldu play that will be a ''here we go again" moment...do we play him C....or maybe he's a winger....or a C who can play wing.....It's scary 'cause it fits the mold of going grit first. Mind you, for me, he's not totally a ND as far as I don't think he will most definately bust. He might very well be what his bro is. Which is not bad obviously. But I'm telling you... we will hit our head on a wall seeing what we missed....At best, this will be 2003 all over again...when we will picked an okay player.....while there were GREAT players chosen after.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why you say that? 5-6-7 is CLEARLY Tkachuk territory. That's the scary part.

It's pretty much not if you look at McKenzie's list. He said Dahlin is one and then the three wingers are 2-3-4, then we have reports that some teams have TkaSuck at 2 overall

A lot of people are stupid and one stupid team will take him at 3 or 4

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
It's pretty much not if you look at McKenzie's list. He said Dahlin is one and then the three wingers are 2-3-4, then we have reports that some teams have TkaSuck at 2 overall

There's always a faller. And he is the most logical player to fall come draft day.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor

Wasn't there a report a few weeks ago that a few teams would look at taking Tkachuk 2nd? Buffalo was one they mentioned I'm pretty sure. Am I just imagining this?

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Well...I finally guess we will have to draft Tkachuk....there's already a great connection with a Habs prospect....See the 1:00 minute mark...:D

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It never fails someone is going to jump over us. I'm hoping it's Vancouver. I don't want NYR, Chicago, NYI or Edmonton to get into the top 3.

I can live with NYR jumping us because they've never tanked before this year. Chicago (Kane & Toews), Edmonton (McDavid, RNH & Draisatl) & NYI (Tavares) have all had #1 overall picks.

It would be especially cruel if Chicago won as they're just coming off a dynasty.

This is going to be a tough lottery because I know a team I don't want top 3 will get top 3. There's too many of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->