The Official Tank Thread / Draft Lottery Thread

Where to the habs end up in the standings?

• Total voters

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
we should of been 2 or 3 its frustrating.

If we feel more than 4th for me its Hughes or wahlstrom.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
What are the Habs odds of picking 3rd if Buffalo and Ottawa get the first and second? I'm not sure how odds work but I'm thinking they change every time a team wins the lotto, right?

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
I trust timmins with high picks , dont think hes going to fall for a guy like Tkachuk. He showed in the past he likes to takes risks and he goes for upside with his high picks.

He was not affraid to pick Galchenyuk in 2012 and Sergachev was a great pick in 16. He did go for Kostitsyn in 03 but I dont think there is any similar prospect this year at our rank. I think the top 2 is set and after that the top 10 is fairly even with Zadina normally going top 5.

Reactions: schnapshot

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Being frustrated for finishing 4th last is just being greedy...

The thing is, we could have played the kids sooner, instead of waiting for the injuries, and easily finished worst or 2nd worst.

Not only would playing the kids be good for the tank, it would have been better preparation for next year, when things matter again. It made no sense not to tank.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The thing is, we could have played the kids sooner, instead of waiting for the injuries, and easily finished worst or 2nd worst.

Not only would playing the kids be good for the tank, it would have been better preparation for next year, when things matter again. It made no sense not to tank.

What do you mean by played the kids sooner? Calling up Juulsen and Scherbak sooner? These two have played very well, and if anything they hurt the tank.

Reactions: Redux91

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
What do you mean by played the kids sooner? Calling up Juulsen and Scherbak sooner? These two have played very well, and if anything they hurt the tank.

McCarron, Rychel, Lernout, Lindgren, De la Rose as 2c, etc...

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don't see Timmins taking Hughes or Boqvist. Wahlstrom or Dobson is going to be the guy.

Id rather have Hughes than Dobson. We need more offensive skill on the backend and I think Hughes's skillset will make him more productive. He's much more a pure skill player.

I have to admit though, I have a negative bias towards big bodied dmen in the Q because of the style of play of the league.

That's why I'd also prefer Boqvist to Dobson.

Anyway, what do I know. Hope Timmins picks right.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Id rather have Hughes than Dobson. We need more offensive skill on the backend and I think Hughes's skillset will make him more productive. He's much more a pure skill player.

I have to admit though, I have a negative bias towards big bodied dmen in the Q because of the style of play of the league.

That's why I'd also prefer Boqvist to Dobson.

Anyway, what do I know. Hope Timmins picks right.
Timmins hasn't picked someone under 6ft with the 1st rounder.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Meh, I'm happy with 4th going into the lottery considering we hung around the 6/7 spot for most of the season. If the season had ended a week or two earlier before out epic tank weekend, we would have finished 6th or 7th.

Unless Timmins does something remarkably stupid, or Bergevin takes the reigns, we should come out of this draft with a top blue chip prospect with some elite potential. Not to mention some good-decent prospects in rounds 2-7.

Last edited:

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
If the draft order doesn’t change, I don’t see Ottawa choosing a forward with Karlsson’s situation hanging over them. So I see us ending up with Zadina or Svechnikov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad