The Official Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread(If he's chipped a nail, post it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Crosby player of the week (bis)

Crosby now played two weeks in Quebec Junior League. For a second week in a row, he was named player of the week. He must be just lucky.

As you all know, he is the second best scorer of the league with 18 points. The first one, Daoust, has 21. Daoust will turn 21 in few weeks. He is 5 years almost older than Crosby.

Hitman*

paul99 said:
Crosby now played two weeks in Quebec Junior League. For a second week in a row, he was named player of the week. He must be just lucky.

Pshh. I could lead the QMJHL in scoring. Everyone scores there :rolleyes:

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Mobey said:
Who's the youngest player to ever lead the QMJHL in scoring?

I think it's PM Bouchard. He won it in 2001-02, with an April 27, 1984 birthday.

I think the next two youngest after Bouchard are Dale Hawerchuk and Pat Lafontaine.

Hawerchuk won it in 1980-81, with an April 4, 1963 birthday.
Lafontaine won it in 1982-83, with a Feb. 22, 1965 birthday.

Edit: had Hawerchuk's birthday as April 1, not April 4.

Hitman*

The G Man said:
I'll bet Sidney Crosby appreciates Gilligan's Island for the groundbreaking comedy it was.

He's probably more a fan of Degrassi Jr. High. It helped adress so many more probems and was the groundbreaker of the Canadian teenage melodrama. A far better genre if you ask me.

darrellman

sidney crosbys music

I think that whenever the player of the week is on the ice they should play the theme music from the 80's show the A-Team. But all the other players dont get no music cause they arent player of the week, only sidney.

if the league allows; maybe he could wear lots of gold chains like mr t, they'd be a bit heavy but sidney would score lots anyway and that would REALLY demonstrate his superiority. the gold chains would remind everyone how special he is.

ovechkins music could be some real high pace fiddle music cause hes russian, then when he scores he could do some flashy russian flying kicks and dance a bit. sidney could dress up like rocky and ovechkin could be drago. but instead of fighting they could have a dance off?

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
For those interested, there's only 10 players in the Q's that made more than 100 pts in his 16 years old

here the list :
73-74 Norm Dupont 70GP 55-70 125PTS
74-75 Denis Pomerleau 69GP 52-67 119PTS
73-74 Mike Bossy 68GP 70-48 118PTS
84-85 Jimmy Carson 68GP 44-72 116PTS
77-78 Denis Savard 72GP 37-79 116PTS
85-86 Pierre Turgeon 69GP 47-67 114PTS
91-92 Alexandre Daigle 66GP 35-75 110PTS
79-80 Dale Hawerchuk 72GP 37-66 103PTS
96-97 Vincent Lecavalier 64GP 42-60 102PTS
77-78 Denis Cyr 72GP 46-55 101PTS

For those wondering, Mario Lemieux made 96 PTS as a 16 years old

zoidberg

Aug 23, 2002
hockeyrumors.blogspot.com
darrellman said:
I think that whenever the player of the week is on the ice they should play the theme music from the 80's show the A-Team. But all the other players dont get no music cause they arent player of the week, only sidney.

if the league allows; maybe he could wear lots of gold chains like mr t, they'd be a bit heavy but sidney would score lots anyway and that would REALLY demonstrate his superiority. the gold chains would remind everyone how special he is.

ovechkins music could be some real high pace fiddle music cause hes russian, then when he scores he could do some flashy russian flying kicks and dance a bit. sidney could dress up like rocky and ovechkin could be drago. but instead of fighting they could have a dance off?
:lol:

JamieG

May 25, 2003
Visit site
Censorship, alive and well

I'm surprised this doesn't say only pro-Crosby threads allowed. Since the other thread was closed by a power hungry control freak. It's really too bad that really good message boards get ruined by people who gain power and decide to censor and ban everything they don't like or agree with.

jacketracket*

Did anyone else notice anything suspicious about the last poster in the 'Haters' thread?

darrellman

qmjhl

Ovechkin plays in a mens league from what I hear. I guess he must play in a league comparable to the American hockey league.I see that fact of them having higher caliber experience as a part explanation of them winning gold and us winning silver at last years world juniors. I see that as an advantage over Canadian prodigys like Sidney. Sidney could probably develop faster and reach more of his potential if he was challenged even more.

If by the end of this first season in major junior he is dominating the league then is it obsurd to suggest that next year he play in the American Hockey league? ( instead of staying in major junior where hes already top dog as a 16 year old) The russian prodigys are playing in mens leagues, if we want to compete with them should we be developing ours just as hard?
(not all of them, just the ones who are skilled enough for AHL)

What do you all think? Should/could Sidney be playing in the AHL next year(if he wanted to)?? would it be good in long run?

what are the age restrictions in the AHL anyway?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
darrellman said:
Ovechkin plays in a mens league from what I hear. I guess he must play in a league comparable to the American hockey league.I see that fact of them having higher caliber experience as a part explanation of them winning gold and us winning silver at last years world juniors. I see that as an advantage over Canadian prodigys like Sidney. Sidney could probably develop faster and reach more of his potential if he was challenged even more.

If by the end of this first season in major junior he is dominating the league then is it obsurd to suggest that next year he play in the American Hockey league? ( instead of staying in major junior where hes already top dog as a 16 year old) The russian prodigys are playing in mens leagues, if we want to compete with them should we be developing ours just as hard?
(not all of them, just the ones who are skilled enough for AHL)

What do you all think? Should/could Sidney be playing in the AHL next year(if he wanted to)?? would it be good in long run?

what are the age restrictions in the AHL anyway?

CHL players can't play in the AHL until they are 20 I believe. For some weird reason, the NHL CBA bends over backwards to give all sorts of special accomodations to the CHL (that being one, another being the rule that a CHL player can become a UFA if he's not signed within 2 years of his draft, while NCAA and Euro players have to wait until they are UFA age). If the old IHL was still around, that would be a route players like Crosby could consider. If the WHA gets off the ground, I think you might see top prospects opting to play there, assuming the quality of players is relatively good (like AHL level or so).

BCCHL inactive

Epsilon said:
another being the rule that a CHL player can become a UFA if he's not signed within 2 years of his draft, while NCAA and Euro players have to wait until they are UFA age

Not quite.

The only players who can become Unrestricted Free Agents 2 years after their draft are those with late birthdays. Players with a birthday after September 15th must wait an extra year to be drafted, and are drafted after their 18 year-old season instead of before it. Therefore, 2 years after their draft, they cannot return to junior hockey and thus become unrestricted free agents.

A CHL draftee with an early birthday will still have his overage season left in junior 2 years after his draft, and therefore re-enters the draft if he is unsigned by his original NHL club.

Also, we do see a lot of NCAA players with late birthdays leave college for the CHL after they get drafted to take advantage of the rule. It has been dubbed the "Van Ryn loophole" as Mike Van Ryn was the first to expose the rule.

The G Man

Feb 27, 2002
HF Old School
Russian Fan said:
For those interested, there's only 10 players in the Q's that made more than 100 pts in his 16 years old

here the list :
73-74 Norm Dupont 70GP 55-70 125PTS
74-75 Denis Pomerleau 69GP 52-67 119PTS
73-74 Mike Bossy 68GP 70-48 118PTS
84-85 Jimmy Carson 68GP 44-72 116PTS
77-78 Denis Savard 72GP 37-79 116PTS
85-86 Pierre Turgeon 69GP 47-67 114PTS
91-92 Alexandre Daigle 66GP 35-75 110PTS
79-80 Dale Hawerchuk 72GP 37-66 103PTS
96-97 Vincent Lecavalier 64GP 42-60 102PTS
77-78 Denis Cyr 72GP 46-55 101PTS

For those wondering, Mario Lemieux made 96 PTS as a 16 years old
You've got to admit ... thats a fairly impressive list (Dupont, Pomerleau, and Cyr aside)

darrellman

whl

Whos the best in the whole CHL? Sidney will be on top of whole CHL by playoffs... word, hes getting better every week.

darrellman

way to go sidney

way to go sidney!! We need you to lead us to gold at world juniors so keep givin er and getting better and better!

Beat the russians, leave that russian punk ovechkin in the dust man!!!!
your the one who can do it. go crazy. this is YOUR time.

:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->