The Official Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread(If he's chipped a nail, post it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

#37-#93-#27*

MrKnowNothing said:
Who is Crosby?
16 year old phenom in Canadian Juniors, not since Daigle has there been one so coveted. (Gretkzy-Lemieux-Lindros-Daigle, follow the path) though he has much more to prove at this point.

JasonMacIsaac

This is more hype then Daigle IMO, Internet is at an all time high for use adn his hype will grow exponentially.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Just for a small comparison at 16

Lemieux got 96 points in 64 gp for 1.5p/g
Daigle got 110 points in 66 gp for 1.67p/g
Cleary got 81 points in 62 gp for 1.3p/g
Gretzky got 112 points in 64 gp for 1.75p/g

So far Crosby is smoking them

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
fredez said:
Just for a small comparison at 16

Lemieux got 96 points in 64 gp for 1.5p/g
Daigle got 110 points in 66 gp for 1.67p/g
Cleary got 81 points in 62 gp for 1.3p/g

So far Crosby is smoking them

Lindros had 36 pts in 25 games for 1.4 p/g and if you average it over a 66 game season back then he would've finished with around 95 pts on the year.
PM Bouchard had 95 pts in 67 games for 1.42 p/g only 3 seasons ago. He would probably be the closest comparison to Crosby's current season.

Crosby's numbers are for sure impressive, but it should be tough for the kid to keep up this pace.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
For a normal kid, sure. But for Crosby? I think he can/will keep up the pace. He's so amazing. I think we didn't have seen his best for THIS season. 140 points, imo. If I was Rimouski's coach he would try to move Pouliot to the wing and to play him with Crosby. That would be a killer line and could be a scoring threat for Canada in this winter WJC.

BCCHL inactive

JasonMacIsaac said:
Crosby will lead team canada at the WJC.

People said the same thing about Spezza and Bouwmeester when they were 16...Spezza played on the 4th line and Bouwmeester was the 7th defenceman.

What makes you think Crosby will play on the top 2 lines if he makes the team?

Alex126

Sep 23, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site

You are wrong about that, Gretzky got 182 pts in 64 games (2.84 p/g). So he is the man to beat for the most point by a 16 years old player.

Other player who succeed at 16 years old : Vincent Lecavalier with 102 pts in 64 games (1.59 p/g).

#37-#93-#27*

KillToronto said:
LOL. I'll cry.
I would really be so jealous that I would probably refuse to watch any Penguin games.

What a spoiled franchise!

Mario Lemieux
Jaromir Jagr
Paul Coffey
2 cups not too long ago

Ovechkin
Crosby
Fleury

I just don't want to even think about it.

JasonMacIsaac

Van said:
People said the same thing about Spezza and Bouwmeester when they were 16...Spezza played on the 4th line and Bouwmeester was the 7th defenceman.

What makes you think Crosby will play on the top 2 lines if he makes the team?
I don't think he will be on the 2nd line, he will play 3rd line and 4th line ice time, play pp and still lead the team in scoring.

BCCHL inactive

JasonMacIsaac said:
I don't think he will be on the 2nd line, he will play 3rd line and 4th line ice time, play pp and still lead the team in scoring.

:rolleyes:

Playing on the 3rd-4th line and PP isn't enough ice time to lead the team in scoring...I don't care who you are.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I guess my post should have been this:

Who is Crosby?;)

I am a member here, how could I not know who Sidney Crosby is?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->