The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
EEEEUCH....when you hear people throwing the term "brand" around for a team you know they're not on your side. Mindless corporate robot-talk. Good to see a guy from MSG and a guy from New Orleans knowing what's best for the Devils "brand". I have no problem catering to families, which they haven't done since the Meadowlands days, and people with deep pockets to fill the suites, but they have no clue how to entertain them yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if O'Neil still has 25 Lafayette St programmed in to his gps since he's usually in Philly and tweeting about the Sixers.

I admit I was wrong about Hugh Weber, when you guys were chastising him last year I took the opposing view and said give him time, be patient.

A year later and I'm not happy at all with what he's doing here.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
EEEEUCH....when you hear people throwing the term "brand" around for a team you know they're not on your side. Mindless corporate robot-talk. Good to see a guy from MSG and a guy from New Orleans knowing what's best for the Devils "brand". I have no problem catering to families, which they haven't done since the Meadowlands days, and people with deep pockets to fill the suites, but they have no clue how to entertain them yet.

I have always been skeptical of their motives. And can be wrong. HOWEVER, They are doing exactly what these private equity groups do. They are running the distressed asset acquisition playbook page by page. Taken from the Apollo webpage "We are contrarian, value-oriented investors in private equity, credit and real estate, with significant distressed expertise. We operate our businesses in an integrated manner which we believe distinguishes us from other alternative investment managers. We have applied this investment philosophy over our 24-year history, deploying capital across the balance sheet of industry leading businesses, and seeking to create value for our investors throughout economic cycles." These guys are all about creating shareholder value. Regardless.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
I have always been skeptical of their motives. And can be wrong. HOWEVER, They are doing exactly what these private equity groups do. They are running the distressed asset acquisition playbook page by page. Taken from the Apollo webpage "We are contrarian, value-oriented investors in private equity, credit and real estate, with significant distressed expertise. We operate our businesses in an integrated manner which we believe distinguishes us from other alternative investment managers. We have applied this investment philosophy over our 24-year history, deploying capital across the balance sheet of industry leading businesses, and seeking to create value for our investors throughout economic cycles." These guys are all about creating shareholder value. Regardless.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Hugh Weber, the used car salesman, in a nutshell;

How anybody can take him seriously is beyond me. This guy follows through about as consistently as David Steckel did on hits

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Catering to kids/families isn't gonna work for this type of franchise in this type of location and region. The Devils aren't the Pelicans or some team from the south or Midwest region.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Everything is pre-season. That's it. Pre-season and opening night are NEVER the same. In any building. In any sport.
Gotta call BS on that, for the Jets, Yankees & Rangers if you are a premium subscriber you expect the same level of food and service in the Coaches Club, Legends & Delta clubs, especially if you're paying the same premium price. The Jets offer the same level in the preseason. The Yankees don't have preseason, they only had one in the opening year (2009) and the food & service were on the same level as the regular season. I sat in the Madison Club last Monday for the Rangers/Devils game and the food & service was the same as the regular season

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Catering to kids/families isn't gonna work for this type of franchise in this type of location and region. The Devils aren't the Pelicans or some team from the south or Midwest region.

While you don't want to alienate families with kids, the Devils business brass needs to realize that they need to cater to their core fans, 20's-40's, single, w/o kids for the most part.

They should also target the trade unions and other blue collar folks to get them to go to games-that's what Philly does.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Gotta call BS on that, for the Jets, Yankees & Rangers if you are a premium subscriber you expect the same level of food and service in the Coaches Club, Legends & Delta clubs, especially if you're paying the same premium price. The Jets offer the same level in the preseason. The Yankees don't have preseason, they only had one in the opening year (2009) and the food & service were on the same level as the regular season. I sat in the Madison Club last Monday for the Rangers/Devils game and the food & service was the same as the regular season

Unless there is still some contractual obligations still in place from Aramark while they are in the process of switching to Legends, there really isn't a good excuse why the presentation was as poor as some are claiming it to be

This is the pre-season for not just the teams on the playing surface but the entire arena and its staff - any kinks endured during this time should be ironed out by the time the regular season rolls around

But this is par for the course with the new "management"

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

The Devils aren't owned by Apollo, therefore they aren't trying to create shareholder value.. I think someone mentioned after the sale that, by League rules, the team must be owned by individuals not shareholders

I like you guys but I think you sound like you put on tinfoil hats lol.. Just this morning it was "Legends food was terrible last night. They lied to us!" and when it was proved to be untrue, it was on to the next thing.. Using the word "brand" is highly appropriate, it is a brand. Everything is a brand, what's wrong with that? Hell, when I was doing work with the Devils Generals (during the JVB years) the word brand was used just as much.. Had a whole "branding guide" too (eeeeeek branding guides! :sarcasm:)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Devils aren't owned by Apollo, therefore they aren't trying to create shareholder value.. I think someone mentioned after the sale that, by League rules, the team must be owned by individuals not shareholders

I like you guys but I think you sound like you put on tinfoil hats lol.. Just this morning it was "Legends food was terrible last night. They lied to us!" and when it was proved to be untrue, it was on to the next thing.. Using the word "brand" is highly appropriate, it is a brand. Everything is a brand, what's wrong with that? Hell, when I was doing work with the Devils Generals (during the JVB years) the word brand was used just as much.. Had a whole "branding guide" too (eeeeeek branding guides! :sarcasm:)

Hey, were you at the game last night?

The only 2 new "off ice" things I found interesting were the horn played when the Devils took the ice before each period and that Smashburger is now a sponsor.

Everything else, was annoying or underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->