The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Listening to offers is what GMs of all teams do. PD was not trying to trade Karlsson, if he was, he would be playing on another team.

Both PD and EK65 have publicly stated they want EK65 to stay in Ottawa.
theres listening and then theres advanced negotiations. which is what we were in

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The Sens have 2 part time Scouts, both out of the States.

With the rumours of some not getting paid or late payments you may be able to classify the whole department as part time.

Did Eugene appoint himself as a scout yet?

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Sens have 2 part time Scouts, both out of the States.
wasn't Jimmy Blixt part time? Idk, that's just what I thought,

For what it's worth, I've found the best reference for team staffs to be eliteprospects' team pages, though I'm not sure how up to date they are kept, the layout is nice. I think they still have us at 13 scouts, so perhaps missing a couple?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
wasn't Jimmy Blixt part time? Idk, that's just what I thought,

For what it's worth, I've found the best reference for team staffs to be eliteprospects' team pages, though I'm not sure how up to date they are kept, the layout is nice. I think they still have us at 13 scouts, so perhaps missing a couple?
Blixt is full time, though he may have been part time when he was working as a GM in the Allsvenskan.

Elite is missing Bobby Strumm, one of our guys out of the WHL, and Dan Boeser, one of our part time guys out of the Midwest and cousin of Brock.

Elite tends to miss and miss-contribute a lot at the lower levels, though it's usually pretty good at the Pro levels.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So you don't know what the League average is for Amateur Scouts is.

Thanks
It depends if you are full time or not. The sens have a few scouts that should have been promoted to full time by now but Eugene is being Eugene.

As a part timer you make more money the more you travel, paid by Kilometer with a very very very low base salary.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It depends if you are full time or not. The sens have a few scouts that should have been promoted to full time by now but Eugene is being Eugene.

As a part timer you make more money the more you travel, paid by Kilometer with a very very very low base salary.
He was asking what the league average is for number of scouts by team.

I have no answer to that, but would think that our 15 this year is a bit below average.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Just picked a random team, the Wild

Amateur Scouts = 10

European Scouts = 3

Pro Scouts = 2

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Just picked a random team, the Wild

Amateur Scouts = 10

European Scouts = 3

Pro Scouts = 2

For what it's worth, in the link I provided, Wild had 14 in 2012, and 15 in 2014 which was right around average both years. Elite prospects currently lists 17 guys working in scouting for the wild.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
theres listening and then theres advanced negotiations. which is what we were in

You and I, or anyone, do not have any idea how any trade talks went (concerning EK65) or how advanced they were. Unless you have a phone recording between PD and another GM, there is no way we know how any trade discussion went.

And don't suggest that Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger know either, because they don't

Reactions: IWantMyParade

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You and I, or anyone, do not have any idea how any trade talks went (concerning EK65) or how advanced they were. Unless you have a phone recording between PD and another GM, there is no way we know how any trade discussion went.

And don't suggest that Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger know either, because they don't
Why are you doing this. Things were going on. Why don’t you want to just admit that.

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
Again, how is this measured?? The media had to sell the fans on this hire, so they went out of their way to make him seem like he is the best scout the league has ever seen, backed up by quotes from his golfing buddy.

Is Dorion responsible for the drafting of Jim O'Brien (2007), Jared Cowen (2009), Jacob Culek (2010), Stefan Noesen, Puempel, Curtis Lazar, Cody Ceci....these are all very underwhelming first round draft picks. Sure Karlsson turned out fantastic, but you are stating that he has turned this organization into a drafting super power and that seems to be far from the truth. Our farm system is a joke, if our team was such a drafting super power, we would be beaming with prospects.

Did he hit it big with some late round gems? Absolutely, Mark Stone, Hoffman, Pageau. But really, once you hit the later rounds of the draft, its basically a lottery ticket.

Look at the draft history, while it looks ok, its not nearly as good as you believe.

List of Ottawa Senators draft picks - Wikipedia

There were some good drafts, but many of the useful guys are gone: Lehner, Silverberg, ZBad, even Noesen.

But from 2012-2015 they only picked one decent player and it's Cody Ceci with a high first. Not surprisingly those draft years are guys that should be contributing for cheap on the bottom part of the roster, but becauae there aren't any the team is filling holes with Oduya, Burrows, Pyatt, Claesson, Condon etc.

They also traded a lot of picks, which is unfathomable for a lower budget team. They should be hoarding picks, but every trade is spamming out picks for middle aged expensive players. Makes no sense.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Maybe when you Googled "the Allsvenskan" because somebody mentioned it in a hockey forum and you weren't sure what it was, rather than clicking on the first hit that popped up and questioning it you should have scrolled down the page till you inevitably would have hit a link to the hockey league, or a reference to Dahlen opting to remain in Timra. Google can't read your mind, you need to put some effort into the process of finding the information you're looking for.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Maybe when you Googled "the Allsvenskan" because somebody mentioned it in a hockey forum and you weren't sure what it was, rather than clicking on the first hit that popped up and questioning it you should have scrolled down the page till you inevitably would have hit a link to the hockey league, or a reference to Dahlen opting to remain in Timra. Google can't read your mind, you need to put some effort into the process of finding the information you're looking for.

I've explained this before, and if you want to continue to pile on, please do.

I never heard of the "the Allsvenskan" until someone mentioned that was where Dahlen was playing.

When I've checked Hockey DB they list the league he plays in as the " Swe-1", which I understood to mean Tier 1............... so I when I did a search on "the Allsvenskan"

"the Allsvenskan" at DuckDuckGo

The top five "hits" were about football or Rugby............ so I asked for some clarification.

Now I understand that because I'm not on board with the "all Hate Melnyk, all the time" mindset that some people are, that you have no choice but to hit back at me at every opportunity, I guess in the thinking that'll I'll come over to that side .......... so continue with your mission if you must.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Im sure it would violate some "internet rules" but I would love to see a pro or con Melnyk poll run, would be interesting to see the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->