The Official Ovechkin vs. Crosby Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockwizard*

jwr38 said:
Hell I live in England buddy not from this backwards country. If you ever came here ... oh god this is no where near free. But just to please you I will let you say that England is more free that the USA. :) :lol

Oh god I have to stop :) this is just not fair on little stockwizard here. :bonk:

Still AO right now I believe is the better player.
Just to please me? I was saying it to please you. I think the States truly is a free country.

Why don't you answer the questions Jacobv2 asked you? Is something wrong?

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Jacobv2 said:
Any more examples?

No, please, name them. I'd love to see this list. I for one am not afraid of any countries attacking the United States, at all.

My lawyer once told me that you can sue someone for pretty much anything, but you probably won't win the case.

Okay ... most of the MIddle East.

OKay Jacobv2 you may not be afraid but your country sure as hell is. 1.2 billion dollars were spent on the amry last year ... they same amount that is need to feed those that have no food. The USA spent the most on their Amry to protect (and of course to start a few wars).

Of course you may not win a law suit .. but you could. This therefore takes away from your freedom. What is you driving and drinking age again??? Can you smoke weed in public?? (like some countries in Europe). My point like I have said before .... our point of views need to be about a player not where he is from. that is why I wrote this post.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Oh reason I did not reply the second you wanted me too .... because there a better posted topics in other threads!!!!!!

Explain to me Stockwizard how you country is free (facts please!!!!) more free than some Euro countries!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Can you shoot heroin in Europe? Can you murder someone? No? I guess they aren't free either, then.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
I never said Europe is free. I am just saying that the USA is not free and that is why everyone might go there. It is only for the money. English is learnt because it is known as the money language. people study in America, England, Austriala and New Zealand because they are first world countries that have English as their first language. They do not go to these countries because they are free!!!

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Jacobv2 said:
Can you shoot heroin in Europe? Can you murder someone? No? I guess they aren't free either, then.

NOw the reason I brought up smoking weed as it has shown that it has less harmful affects than alcohol. Heroin and murder have shown ... to kill people ... not good :)

stockwizard*

jwr38 said:
Oh reason I did not reply the second you wanted me too .... because there a better posted topics in other threads!!!!!!

Explain to me Stockwizard how you country is free (facts please!!!!) more free than some Euro countries!
Actually I am from Canada. We all know a lot of Europeans are jealous of our lifestyle in North America, but this is getting rediculous.

AO vs. SID remember?

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
um ... I am not from Europe. I am from New Zealand ... Canada .... get your jollies here. Who doesn't want to live where we have next to no army because we no one who we need to fight :P

I live in Europe and sorry to break this little news to you. People in Europe mostly do not want to live anywhere near North America.

stockwizard*

jwr38 said:
um ... I am not from Europe. I am from New Zealand ... Canada .... get your jollies here. Who doesn't want to live where we have next to no army because we no one who we need to fight :P

I live in Europe and sorry to break this little news to you. People in Europe mostly do not want to live anywhere near North America.
:lol

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
I like to think or thank all of you too. Really sometimes it is just too much fun to stir up some American. It is one of my little hobbies :) I do hope that Stockwiz and I have brought a little smile to your face.

These AO and SID posts are just going on and on about the same thing. You can't compare or say one player is better than the other until they play in the same league with the same type of skill players on their team. Oh the scientist in me.

Remember AO has Malkin on his team and is playing with men that could help him. While SID does not have this. Then again SID has played really well this year. When both of these players are playing in the NHL for 5 years then we can say who we think is better. Right now it is just pointless.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Stockwiz ... keep living in your little world of yours. Explain to me Stockwiz .. why do euro player want to go back to europe after they have played in the NHL???? reason better standard of living ..... why do they live in america now ... MONEY.

right back at ya :lol :lol :lol

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Ok Ovchenkin is playing against older competition, that doesn't mean they are better. 60% of the players in the RSL will never be better then the Top 100 CHL players right now. The hype for the RSL is ridiculous and unfounded!

You are way off base here. What you're doing is confusing present day talent with potential talent.
The CHL has many more players with the "potential" to be better than most in the RSL - but that doesn't mean they currently are.
You simply can not compare 16-18 year olds to seasoned veterens in terms of current ability. In fact, a mediocre RSL team would absolutely destroy the best CHL team.
Let's look at the WJC to validate this. It is a fact that Russia has had Canada's number the past several years, often eliminating them or beating them in the title game. The Canadian WJC team is generally made up of the best CHL has to offer. On the contrary the Russian WJC team is generally made up kids that are 3 and 4 liners for their respective RSL clubs.
It all boils down to the fact that Ovechkin is playing against CURRENT talent which is light years ahead of the CHL.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Don_Cherry said:
Most useless thread ever. Absolutely nothing productive can come out of it, just a bunch of kids in a pissing contest. You guys make this board lose so much credability it's not even funny. It's disgusting.

Don't say stuff like this or you might get accused of "not taking the thread seriously" like I was in that Crosby vs. Jordan thread. ;)

Pensaholic

Jun 8, 2004
Montreal
FACT- jwr38, Crosby is canadian so why are u arguing and making fun of the states. Sure they suck and all and Canada is better but there is no point in bashing them over Ovechkin or Crosdby being better.

Now to get to the question, it is a pointless question to ask because they are in very different points in their development process. Lets wait and see if Crosby will have an even better season then he had this year. Then when they both play in the NHL we'll talk.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
I am not making fun of SID .... just making fun of Stockwiz and his idea that America is the free country of the world. Read back and you will see what I mean when he is talking about foppa.

I agree with you on the comparson between SID and AO .. no point right now.

SwOOsh*

Didn't Gretzky also say the same thing about a few other young Canadians (possibly Daniel Cleary?)

stockwizard*

jwr38 said:
Stockwiz ... keep living in your little world of yours. Explain to me Stockwiz .. why do euro player want to go back to europe after they have played in the NHL???? reason better standard of living ..... why do they live in america now ... MONEY.

right back at ya :lol :lol :lol
:shakehead This is fun debating you. All I have to do is sit back and let you make a fool of yourself.
For the first time I actually miss talking to Foppa.

stockwizard*

Epsilon said:
Stuff like Kariya could break his records and so on.
I will have to check what precisely he said.
I know Gretzky in the past has rallied behind certain players, but never to the extent his support for Crosby.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Ovechkin and Crosby will have great career that's it that's all... maybe they will play on the same team... so that's it... hope i'm wrong the Caps are so boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad