The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Ian and Simmer are the best TSN 1200 has to offer by a country mile.

I'm sad at what TGOR has become. They used to be so entertaining, but now it's a constant string of me stopping and thinking "WTF are these guys talking about?" I've started tuning them out because I don't get anything of substance from them.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
2:14pm; beginning of the show, Mendes brings up #MelnykOut billboards. Saying they'd love to hear fan reaction, asks fans to call in.

Atta boy, Ian.

Edit: So to me it seems like more confirmation of the other personalities being insanely out of touch with the fanbase.

To me this would be even more confusing, I can understand not wanting or being able to talk about it for $/access purposes, surely none of the hosts thinks this is a non story?

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
TSN1050 is talking about it. I tried to tune into TSN1200 but they spent 20 minutes messing around with some trivia games or something.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm about to tune back into TSN1200 for my commute home. I'm curious how much air time the billboards will get.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Ian and Simmer are the best TSN 1200 has to offer by a country mile.

I'm sad at what TGOR has become. They used to be so entertaining, but now it's a constant string of me stopping and thinking "WTF are these guys talking about?" I've started tuning them out because I don't get anything of substance from them.

And this, this right here, sums up why I haven't tuned in, going on two months now I believe. I'm literally STARVED for sports talk radio of quality in Ottawa. The door is wide-open, similar to what uber did to taxis, for someone to do it better. The bar is low.

TGOR definitely isn't what it was (or rather, wasn't last time I listened), but it was never 100% sports. It's "guy talk radio", not "sports talk radio". I took it for what it was.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Touch?? lol. Journalism at its best!

giphy.gif

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Im kind of surprised they are waiting until 2.5 hours into the show to discuss it.

Curious to hear the texts/tweets they read and the type of callers they allow on air.

Judging by the length of time they waited to discuss this, pretty sure many on the opinions presented will be anti-billboard

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Curious to hear the texts/tweets they read and the type of callers they allow on air.

Judging by the length of time they waited to discuss this, pretty sure many on the opinions presented will be anti-billboard

Why?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Pleasantly surprised. Simmer seemed ill informed but the callers were decent (only heard 3)

ianmendes

Dec 15, 2016
I find it hilarious that I don't do enough to appease some of you. Just spent an hour at the PEAK part of the show today (4:35pm - 5:35pm) talking about this MelnykOut billboard story, taking calls and not censoring anybody. And yet, the questions are out there, "They are going to 'touch on this? Lol."

"Why did they wait 2.5 hours to bring this up."

As usual, it's a no-win proposition for many of you on here.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I find it hilarious that I don't do enough to appease some of you. Just spent an hour at the PEAK part of the show today (4:35pm - 5:35pm) talking about this MelnykOut billboard story, taking calls and not censoring anybody. And yet, the questions are out there, "They are going to 'touch on this? Lol."

Ian,

Many here appreciate your professionalism. Thanks for providing a platform for people to discuss this initiative and keep up the great work.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009

You're either with us or against us Ian. So many with the belief that there is nothing in between....

That said, thanks Ian for encouraging the open discussion and trying to help find middle ground.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa

It's the old adage that one negative can only be outweighed by ten positive. The thread is littered with posts about you and Simmer being the best thing tsn1200 has going, still a shame that judgement was made before content was taken in first. Thanks for listening as always.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Bob McKenzie was right when he called hfboards posters a bunch of assclowns.

You’re doing a great job Ian. Your show is very entertaining to listen to, and I appreciate you care what the fans think. Keep up the great work.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Credit where credit is due Ian, you and Simmer did a great job this afternoon. I think you have a lot of fans around these parts, whether you choose to believe it or not. I think there may have been questions because it wasn't really talked about on the station before you guys came on this afternoon, which is obviously an indictment on your co-workers and not on you personally. That being said, thanks for opening up the phones lines and letting people get their thoughts across today.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The few calls that I listened to on the way home today were all against the billboards. "Put Up or Shut Up" seemed to be the current theme as they thought fans should buy tickets rather than put up billboards especially if they want to keep Karlsson here.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Uh oh. Only a matter of time before the troll wagon starts #MENDESOUT

Then complain on HFBoards that their manifesto has not been published and subsequently read on air. Welcome to the age of the special snowflake. Feel their wrath against all perceived injustices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->